“Absolute Perfection!”

The Residences at Biltmore
Ranked #24 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 22 February 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here in a Studio Suite room for two nights. I loved the condo-like feel of The Residences. I am ready to go back already! The Residences are located just minutes away from The Biltmore and very close to downtown Asheville. This was probably the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in. Our room was so comfortable and clean. I loved having a living area with a fireplace and a full kitchen with gorgeous stainless steel appliances! The bathroom was amazing! It had double sinks and shower big enough for 6 people! I highly recommend this property!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MrsKMM

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We spent two very comfortable nights here. The place is roomy with very comfortable beds, pleasant furnishings, a nice bathroom with both a large walk-in shower and a big jacuzzi tub, and a compact kitchen. The location is excellent - close to the facilities of Biltmore and I-40 and less than 10 minutes from downtown. The off-season price was very reasonable. We did not have any of the noise problems that another guest did, but there were not a lot of people staying in our area of the residences. We had lovely breakfasts in nearby Biltmore Village!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 February 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a night while visiting Asheville. We were impressed with the rooms. We opted for one of the suites that had a separate bedroom. The price was reasonable. The only issue we had was the service was less than stellar. The concierge promised services that were never rendered, but it wasn't anything too important. We were only there for a night. We would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Jchamb12
Reviewed 10 February 2012

My husband and I spent a few nights here last January, and I still want to go back! The Residences are so comfortable and cozy and plush! The bathrooms are amazing. I'm not normally impressed with bathrooms, but I could almost do cartwheels in this one. The Residences are located near the Biltmore and close to downtown. The walls are thick and you don't hear your neighbors. Loved it!

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor. There are elevators to help you bring your luggage to the top floor.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank megblake
Reviewed 7 February 2012

My wife & I stayed here for 3 nights over New Years. We booked a studio & when we arrived we were pleasantly surprised to find that we had been upgraded for free to a one-bedroom. The unit happened to be a handicap unit, which was not greatly different than a normal unit although it lacked a jacuzzi tub and a washer/dryer. Of course, I needed to do laundry as soon as we arrived (I was on a tail-end of a week-long trip) and was disappointed there was not a washer/dryer, so I called the front office who promptly offered to wash my clothes for me - it took them a day but it was nice nevertheless. Most everything else in the unit was spectacular - beautiful kitchen (stainless/granite), comfortable living room furniture, fireplace, large bathroom, and very nice linens on the bed. Our only complaint is the noise. We did not have a top-floor unit and we could hear every step the people above us took as well as every time they went to the bathroom or watched TV. I guess we drew the short straw for who we got above us because we were awoken every night around 3am by stomping when they came home. Despite how much we really enjoyed the facility, we will absolutely not stay here again unless we can be guaranteed a top-floor unit (in which case we would gladly stay here again).

Room Tip: REQUIRE a top floor room, otherwise stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ready2gohome
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We stayed a night here and went to a concert at The Orange Peel. Great value (we used a Trip Advisor discount). We got the studio unit and it was a good size and very comfortable. Much nicer than a typical hotel room. The electric fireplace was a welcome touch and the unit had a great little kitchen. No bathtub but a huge shower. We wouldn't stay here with the kids since there is no pool. There is a hot tub and fire pit, though we returned too late after the concert to use that area. I don't believe they had any vending machines. We didn't need the washer and dryer, but if we were staying longer that would have been a great feature. Convenient to downtown Asheville. Our taxi ride to The Orange Peel was only $7 each way. We stayed on the bottom floor and could hear folks walking around in the unit above us. We did request a non pet-friendly room as my husband has pet allergies and some units allow pets. A noon checkout time would be better than 11...especially after a late night concert! All in all a great place to stay, especially for the money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top level.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FlatRock_NCSueBell
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Very comfortably and tastefully furnished apartments with kitchenette and washing facilities. After many days on tour, the private washing machine and dryer were most welcome! It was good to be able to enjoy the spaciousness of our apartment and also relax on the little balcony. Very peaceful and private setting. We enjoyed exploring the nearby reserve and neighbourhood. To reach the city centre you need to drive or take the bus (very convenient and good service) but this didn't detract from our enjoyment of our stay. Asheville is a delightful city to visit and I highly recommend the Residences as a great place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple