“EEWWWW! Not what I expected from Ramada!”

Ramada Asheville / Biltmore West
Ranked #59 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I wish I had seen the negative reviews before we booked a stay here prior to our trip to the Biltmore! DISGUSTING! Stains on furniture and floors. Mold in the bathroom and a hole in the wall by the sink. The headboard literally fell off the wall when I was checking for bedbegs (which I am surprised I didn't find...) Breakfast was BAD as the cold items weren't cold, including the milk. I asked the gal behind the bar area to bring some cold milk out, and she said they were all warm as the fridge was "turned down". Guess that would have been their cost-saving maneuver. Luckily my small children didn't get sick from it. No wonder the Ramada website only has an "artist rendition" photo of the interior atrium!

We wanted a hotel with an indoor pool as we were traveling with our kids from quite a distance away, and knew they would need the exercise. I was terribly disappointed. The hotel appears to have been an old Holidome from the early 80's, and doesn't appear to have been renovated much since then. The bedding appeared to be newer, and the pillows might have been brand new. They were so fat the kids couldn't even use them. The bathroom had some remodeling, but not sufficient to cover the problems. The hot tub was sectioned off as if it was being fixed or re-done, but the hotel fron desk gal told another patron when he complained that it hasn't worked "for years". No toilet paper in the bathroom by the pool. Sauna not working. The hotel pool had very few chairs, which were all taken when I took my kids down, so I basically had to stand holding their clothes and towels and watch them swim. We will never go back or recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Julie L

Reviewed 19 January 2012

We made the reservation online, but the property had no record. They accommodated us, but I had to call and deal with corporate to make sure I was not charged as a no show.

We were placed in exterior rooms that had no heat running. Both rooms were around 39 degrees when we entered them. One room did not have a complete set of control knobs for the HVAC unit.

Neither room had a complete set of furnishings compared to other room we looked into.

Bathroom door mirror ready to fall off the door.

2 of the 5 lamps did not work - had to trace down cords and plug them back in.

Lampshades were broken, microwave dented, room in generally worn out condition.

Hot tub over chemical loaded and not usable

No internet in business center, printer didn't work.

Continental breakfast was lackluster.

Only one person working front desk. Weekend person was very young and didn't seem interested in or capable of solving issues.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Lloyd R
Reviewed 2 January 2012

This old motel was once on the main highway and has many elegant features, such as a huge atrium joining the motel and the IHop restaurant (open 24 - 7) -- the atrium features inside rooms that open onto the giant courtyard (roofed, heated and cooled) with plants and fountains, a fireplace, a game room and an exercise room, an indoor warm swimming pool and a hot tub. You can get your walking in just by staying inside this area, which is accessible on two stories. The wifi is constant, there is a good breakfast buffet offered in a separate dining area, and you can go to IHop for meals as well. Convenient to I-40 and just a couple miles from Biltmore Estates. HIGHLY recommended! I have stayed here several times with family and I love the place. Very nice staff, too.

Room Tip: The inside rooms are more expensive but they open on the the inside garden space. There is one suite...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 December 2011

This palce was disgusting!!!! Filthy dirty bedding with clumps of hair in the sheets!!!Pictures are a lie!!!!!! Seemed unsafe for families. The boy who was working the front desk tried his best but we booked on line- We left ASAP and did not spend the night and the manger still refuses to refund my $$$!!! I would never - under any circumstances put my family here. I would sleep in the car first!!!!!! This place ruins the Ramada brand!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank s t
Reviewed 7 November 2011

This place should be condemned! Filthy! Strong, unpleasant odor when I unlocked the door. Should have not entered the room. No security lock on the door, stained, worn, carpet and furniture. Bathroom light would not come on. TV remote didn't work. NASTY. Pictures are deceptive. Must be of a different hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 47ssh
Reviewed 29 October 2011

The chairs and carpet have lots of stains. The whole place looked like it was ready to be torn down for redevelopment. The free breakfast was good and the staff was friendly and helpfull but I would not stay there again. We where on a 23 day road trip/vacation. Ramada is going down fast and based on this I would rather take my chances on a Days Inn.

Room Tip: Find a Choice Hotel. The other 21 days of our trips we stayed at Choice Hotels and did not have an e...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank tginmn
Reviewed 23 October 2011

The location of this property is great--close to plenty of places to eat and to the interstate. The rooms were pretty bad--definitely not up to normal Ramada standards. It is a very dated and plenty of things needed minor repairs. The biggest disappointment was the closing of the hot tub--it wasn't just closed but ripped out and it looked like it had been that way for a while. There was not notice on the property's website about it being closed. Major disappointment!! We thought we would try the "heated" indoor pool. Definitely NOT heated--it was one of those indoor-outdoor connected pools and the temperature of the water was the same on both sides!! There was a good free breakfast with hot food from the Shoney's located on the hotel property. Still, a big let down from previous stays.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family