“Loved the Oakland Cottage B&B”

Oakland Cottage B&B
Ranked #24 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Seattle
“Loved the Oakland Cottage B&B”
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I had a wonderful stay at the Oakland Cottage B&B in Asheville. I was visiting my daughter who moved to Asheville earlier this year. I stayed 3 nights in the Dogwood Suite. It was very comfortable and charming. My daughter spent 2 of the nights with me so it was nice to have an extra bed. (The extra bed is a twin in what appears to have once been a porch. The window coverings in the porch don't block much of the morning light. There are cute windows between the former porch and the bedroom which have great black-out blinds. I slept very well in the bedroom. The light could be an issue if you were traveling with a child who was sensitive to it.) The breakfasts were varied, generous and delicious! I chose the Oakland because it is near to where my daughter lives, but Asheville isn't that big a city, I think it would be convenient for any trip to the area. I'd definitely stay there again.

p.s. I hadn't noticed that it was pet-friendly until I read it in a review just now. It sure didn't look look or smell like a place that had had pets roaming around!

Room Tip: Dogwood suite has its own entrance.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank CathyBI

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Mary & Byron were fantastic hosts. Very helpful about providing advice about what to do around Asheville. The breakfasts were out of this world. I can not rate this B&B high enough. One of the best experiences I've ever had at a B&B.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank baanasta1
San Carlos, California
Reviewed 10 July 2011

We stayed here for a family reunion in Asheville. The house is so charming and perfect for our large family to be together. The front porch is marvelous for watching a thunderstorm or just relaxing with a glass of wine. We would highly recommend!

Room Tip: We stayed in the upstairs double. It was very comfortable, and very quiet considering the size of o...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Catlohr
Dallas, Georgia
Reviewed 1 January 2011

We had a fabulous stay at this enchanting B&B, one of the best we've enjoyed. Being child (and pet!) friendly, this is a rarity and the breakfasts, coffee, and service (and price) were fantastic. Very happy with it - for my full review and photos see my blog: http://frugalnaturally.wordpress.com/2011/01/01/oakland-cottage-biltmore/

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Lizbet232
Mebane, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 May 2010

My wife and I spent a weekend here for a Babymoon and had a wonderful stay. The house is charming and cozy, and the innkeepers are very friendly, accomodating and knowledgable of the area. Breakfast was delicious. We stayed in Rose Room 7, the smallest in the house, but got to view all other rooms and all were clean and lovely. Walking to downtown is possible but not appealing or recommended (approx. 2 miles on busy roads). The drive is quick and painless and we did it several times. We'd definitely stay again!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Indianapolis
Reviewed 18 May 2010

Mary and Jim made Oakland Cottage a lovely "home away from home" for our recent Mom & Daughters Trip. It was the perfect "home base" for our four day stay - an easy drive to Biltmore, gardens, downtown Asheville and surrounding mountain trails. Jim gave great help and advice in planning and purchasing tickets for Biltmore and a dining tour. The Safari Room was a pretty, clean, comfortable setting for our party of four, with ample room to unpack our things. The home-cooked breakfasts were wonderful. They went above and beyond to provide special food for one of our group members with dairy allergies. Their wireless internet was a great plus.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
North Carolina
Reviewed 14 April 2010

I stayed, along with my extended family and friends at the Oakland Cottage in September of 2009. My wife and I were married in Asheville that weekend and the Oakland Cottage was the perfect place for all of us to gather and enjoy. The entire staff is very friendly and made us feel at home the whole time. We really appreciated being able to use the house "a la carte" style for some of our stay. We loved being able to enjoy the home with it's remarkable front porch and beautiful rooms inside. We will always recommend Oakland Cottage to anyone visiting Asheville.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family