Oakland Cottage B&B
Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$136
HotelIndigo.com
  • Restaurant
US$85
Country Inn
Sleep Inn West(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$75
US$170
US$157
Doubletree.com
Aloft Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$152
Aloft.com
  • Pool
The Residences at Biltmore(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$259
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdogwood suiterose roomother guestssmall porchprivate entrancefront porchgathering roomday bedthe river arts districtupon arrival we were greetedbreakfast was delicioussmall tvbed and breakfastbiltmore estate and villagewonderful amenitiesquick driveentire house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We opted for two day tix to Biltmore Estates which were cheaper through the B & B and a 5 mile drive from the cottage. The home is old and charming. We picked up our tix early and left for the gardens/estate and dinner before gladly spending the the remaining evening watching UNC easily win on the small tv in the Safari Suite. Luxury wouldn't describe this room but it was comfortable and had a sitting room and ensuite bathroom. We like to stay in B & Bs for the character and this suite had character. Breakfast was tasty and done buffet style so we hardly saw Jim but had a nice chat with other guests.

Oakland Cottage isn't within walking distance of anything other than the hospital but it is convenient to Biltmore Estates and Biltmore Village where we ate dinner.(Corner Kitchen was incredible) and downtown isn't too far. Leaving the windows open for fresh air, there was a lot of car traffic throughout the night.

The fan over the bed does not work - it rubs and stops turning, though you can hear the motor.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kthomasva
Reviewed 14 March 2012

My boyfriend and I wanted to visit Asheville for the weekend and I decided to stray away from the typical hotel stay for a change and opted for the very affordable Oakland Cottage B&B. The house was probably a 5min drive from downtown, it was clean, comfortable and charming. I was the most impressed by our hosts, they were kind, helpful and even offered to change the time of breakfast (AMAZING by the way) to accomodate our itenerary. Overall, it exceded our expectations, I hope to return next year and bring my family along.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the Rose room for it's affordability, but others had more space. All were nice.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carriemaria
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Think that future customers should realize that this establishment is in what the host called a transitional neighborhood. We drove thru blocks of unattractive housing to get there and chose to pay and not stay, The B & B may be fine is you ate not worried about location.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank sara c
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I had a wonderful stay at the Oakland Cottage B&B in Asheville. I was visiting my daughter who moved to Asheville earlier this year. I stayed 3 nights in the Dogwood Suite. It was very comfortable and charming. My daughter spent 2 of the nights with me so it was nice to have an extra bed. (The extra bed is a twin in what appears to have once been a porch. The window coverings in the porch don't block much of the morning light. There are cute windows between the former porch and the bedroom which have great black-out blinds. I slept very well in the bedroom. The light could be an issue if you were traveling with a child who was sensitive to it.) The breakfasts were varied, generous and delicious! I chose the Oakland because it is near to where my daughter lives, but Asheville isn't that big a city, I think it would be convenient for any trip to the area. I'd definitely stay there again.

p.s. I hadn't noticed that it was pet-friendly until I read it in a review just now. It sure didn't look look or smell like a place that had had pets roaming around!

Room Tip: Dogwood suite has its own entrance.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank CathyBI
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Mary & Byron were fantastic hosts. Very helpful about providing advice about what to do around Asheville. The breakfasts were out of this world. I can not rate this B&B high enough. One of the best experiences I've ever had at a B&B.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo