“Best Attraction in Asheville!”

Moving Sidewalk Tours
Ranked #20 of 62 Tours in Asheville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Guided Segway tours of downtown Asheville, NC!
Viera, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best Attraction in Asheville!”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

This was by far the best and funnest thing we did in Asheville! Wes is an absolutely amazing tour guide that makes this adventure the best experience ever! Please make sure you book this tour. If you don't you are missing the best thing you can do here. We paid $55 per person and it was worth every penny! I wanted to pay for another 3 hours!

2 Thank RZacke

Waynesville, North Carolina
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“The most fun I've had since moving to western North Carolina”
Reviewed 6 February 2012

What a fantastic experience! Wes was our guide and he was incredible. His knowledge of Asheville and it's history is amazing; there weren't any questions he couldn't answer. The day was cold but beautiful. This still would have been a blast in the rain. At 75 and 68 years old, we had no trouble with the Segways after our training session with Wes. We would both recommend this outing to anyone. Personally, I can't wait to go again.

Visited February 2012
3 Thank 007GrannyK44
Greenville, South Carolina
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Best Way to Tour Asheville”
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Being first timers to Asheville and having been on segway tours before, we thought this tour might be the best way to get acquainted with the city. We couldn't have been more right.

From the first moment Wes rolled up on the segway, my husband and I looked at each other as if to say, "Ok, this guy is going to be awesome." And Wes doesn't disappoint. He keeps the tour laidback, full of fun information and allows for some great cruising time on the segways. It's almost like you're getting acquainted with a city and a friend because of how conversational and easy to talk to, Wes is. Sometimes tour guides are the downfall of tours, but for Moving Sidewalk Tours, Wes is one of the highlights. As are the segways.

If you've never been on a segway before, and you are wanting to see Asheville. You need to take this tour. We did a weekday tour for $55, which in the segway business, is extremely reasonable. There's no reason to be afraid of being on a segway. There is lots of training time at the beginning and once you learn to trust the machine (ie. lean forwad to go and back to stop) it really is THAT easy. And if you haven't figured it out yet, we've been on multiple segway tours (I always look for one when we travel) because they really are THAT fun.

All in all, this segway tour is fun, informative and guaranteed to give you lasting memories!

Visited November 2011
5 Thank NorieM
Columbia, South Carolina
“Asheville from an unforgettable perspective”
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We set out to see Asheville after a thoroughly comfortable introduction to riding the exciting Segway. Wes is a born teacher, adjusting his lessons and monitoring to the comfort level of his group. Patient, gracious, empathic and telepathic, he made us all feel more accomplished than we were (and a bit more confident.) Wes tailors his tours to the group, so on this cold day we stopped for an outstanding hot chocolate break (smoked salt and maple syrup....you have to try it) and his kind attentions continued throughout our experience. The experience was fine but Wes was even more fine. Make a memory!

Visited November 2011
“Most fun I've had in a long time”
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I have wanted to use a seque ever since I saw my first one and this was an opportunity not to miss. I had no idea how much fun it was to use and great way to get a tour. Wes was hilarious and fun as our tour guide. He was a great teacher and had us up and running in no time. He kept a watchful eye on us as we weaved along sidewalks and streets. A big thumbs up from me!

Visited September 2011