“I wish I could move in...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Reynolds Mansion

and 1 more site!
The Reynolds Mansion
Ranked #2 of 38 Asheville B&B and Inns
“I wish I could move in...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

I have been to several B&Bs over the years, and none of them have even come close to the splendid service and delightful atmosphere of the Reynolds Mansion. You feel like family from the moment you check in. The house is beautiful and full of history. The rooms are very nice and very well kept. The goodies are delicious, and you definitely don't want to skip breakfast. Asheville is well known for culinary excellence and this place keeps the standard high. I love this place and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Charlotte
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

Our stay was perfect, cozy, one that we will always remember! Food was excellent and Billy's recommendations were superb! Highly recommend and will definitely come back for our next stay in Asheville!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

Having selected this establishment based on the views of previous guests as expressed in Tripadvisor, I can say that this is indeed a location for an ideal Asheville experience.
The mountain crest historic mansion is an event in itself. This is complemented by a remarkably hospitable host and attentive associates. In general, a B.& B experience can have its pluses and minuses. This one is all plus!

• Stayed March 2012
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

I echo the reviews on here. The mansion is fascinating and the Billy and Michael do a wonderful job making you feel at home. Highly recommend!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

The Reynolds Mansion is beyond belief. I was so impressed with the care and attention given to all the intricate details in the home. You feel the warm and inviting aurora when you first step into the B&B. The hosts Billy Sanders and Michael Griffith are so humble, fun and knowledgeable about the history of the home. The B&B is immaculate and the welcome treats are a plus. Billy Sanders is an amazing cook. Each day we ate something different for breakfast. Hm-mm.. I'm hungry just thinking about it. Michael Griffith and staff served us the 5 star full course breakfast. Truly an amazing and relaxing experience. I can't wait until I return. When you visit Asheville stay at the Reynolds Mansion, you want be disappointed. Debbie

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank eagle1626
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

We stayed four March nights in this extraordinary home innkeeper Billy loves so much that his caring shows in every detail. He and Mike restored this brick treasure to its heyday condition, and just wait until you hear their stories! The Reynolds Mansion is 50 years older than Biltmore House, and it has a glorious history including the Hope Diamond. Because of Billy, I felt immediately at home in a place unlike any other I've known, with 40s music playing softly and fresh macaroons and pound cake and ever-available coffee. Oh, and Rhett and Scarlett -- the awesome English bulldogs who are allowed to meet you only after Billy knows you're okay with that. Everything revolves around your comfort. Details like a beautiful room and wonderful Southern breakfast must be mentioned, but honestly it's the glory of the house and the warmth of Billy and Mike that make this our new favorite place to stay in our favorite town, Asheville. We'll be back soon!

Room Tip: Ask about the bathroom if you want a walk-in shower instead of a tub. The classic tubs with feet are...
1 Thank WhyNotPatty
Greensboro, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

What a perfect retreat my boyfriend and I experienced at this lovely abode.
We went the weekend before Valentines Day to spend our "Valentines" together as the Tuesday during the week just wasn't going to cut it with work and other goings-on.
We both love antiques, vintage and places with "character" so although I did check out the typical hotels around the area - The Inn on Biltmore, Hilton, etc - the vibes I got from the Reynolds Mansion coupled with the raving reviews made me choose this as our place to stay . And boy we were both pleased with the decision!
You get more than your money's worth here!
The house is beautiful and rich in history and stories, which Billy will oblige you in if you're interested. As soon as we stepped foot in the grand front door, we were grinning ear to ear. It had just the feeling we were looking for.
Beyond the beauty and comfort of the stay, I have to say that Billy & Mike, the owners, are simply wonderful people that you will feel are your "new best friends". The breakfasts that Billy prepares are to die for! I figure that the amazing, filling and beautiful breakfasts that are included in the cost of the stay make this place an absolute steal to stay at! Billy comes out to chat with his guests after he is done preparing and serving breakfast. Let me tell you, he is the kind of guy you just want to get up and hug! He nearly reduced both my boyfriend and I to tears a few times with some of the sweet and inspirational anecdotes he would tell about the house, his life, and just things in general. Good tears, mind you ;)
Plus, they have wine, cognac, absinthe and other spirits peppered around the house for you to indulge in at will, any time of day. Obviously you don't throw back the whole bottle, but what a luxury to be able to sip something nice while sitting by the fire, and and not be charged and arm and a leg for it! I thought this was such a nice touch.
The entire stay is such that you will leave feeling that you have made new friends and you have somehow become a part of the house yourself.
I can't say enough how fabulous it was. We are planning on returning when the weather warms up so we can enjoy that amazing verandas and do some nature sight-seeing, hiking etc.
Thank you Billy & Mike (& the pups!) for such a lovely stay that we'll never forget!! See you again soon!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple