“Wonderful sushi, beautiful decor! ”
Review of Green Tea

Green Tea
Ranked #185 of 845 Restaurants in Asheville
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed March 27, 2017 via mobile

We came for my birthday dinner, a little late in the evening around 9:45pm! It was clear it was winding down to the end of the servers shift and they were trying to close! But we ordered our food quickly! Our server was kind and everything came out delicious! We got grilled octopus, and white tuna for an appetizer! Bottle of sake, and a ninja beer! We then ordered, our main dishes of other sushi rolls, and everything came out spectacular! Towards the end the servers did start cleaning up and that was a little nerving, however, with me being in the service industry I understood and it waiter was kind! We will definitely come back!

Reviewed March 3, 2017

Green Tea is the closest thing to a top notch restaurant in Japan that I have found in the U.S. Their sushi and sashimi are top notch. I've had lunch and dinner here and found excellent choices for both meals. I highly recommend Green Tea.

Reviewed March 2, 2017 via mobile

Sushi tastes fresh and the miso was awesome! The specials looked yummy too. Lunch was very affordable. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed February 26, 2017

I am fairly new to the world of sushi so have been trying the various sushi rolls and after taking my sushi loving friend there to eat I realized that I had chosen a great place to get my sushi education! On another visit I had the very tasty Thai Mango Chicken and Miso Soup - and on my 3rd visit I had tried the variety of a Bento Box. I have loved every wonderful bite of food! The wait staff has always been attentive, the atmosphere is inviting and the newly opened room addition is very warm and appealing. I now try to eat here every chance I get!

Reviewed January 24, 2017

We stopped in Green Tea for sushi at 9 PM on a Saturday night. It was recommended by relatives who live in Asheville and knew the owner. And the sushi was some of the best I have had anywhere. We ordered only sushi (and tea which I will tell you about later). We had tuna, salmon, yellowtail and mackerel and a spicy tuna roll. The tuna was special. It was relatively thickly sliced and just melted in your mouth. I am particular about sushi rice, and this rice did not disappoint me. For a second order of the tuna nigiri I asked our server, who could not have been more pleasant late on a Saturday night, why the sushi chefs do not put some wasabi on the underside of the fish when preparing nigiri. She asked if I wanted it prepared that way, I said 'Yes" and it was done...and perfect.
Now for the tea...we asked our server for a recommendation. She said "Honey Ginger." We said "Okay." It was amazing. Therapeutic. We asked how it was made and she explained it to us in detail. I admit that the tea was a little pricey ($10 for a pot for the two of us), but we thoroughly enjoyed every sip.
Don't miss this place if sushi is on your meal plan.