“Excellent Value For The Price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge Biltmore

Econo Lodge Biltmore
Ranked #56 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Scottsville, Virginia
“Excellent Value For The Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2011

The room was clean which was A#1 priority in my book and I was impressed we had free wifi, and a refrigerator and microwave in the room. The room could have used a little repair on the wall in the bathroom but nothing major-all the important things like sink, toilet, shower, heat were working fine. They even offered coffee(free in room coffee too), bagel, toast and pastry in the morning. I booked online and got AAA rate and it cost me $52 a night with taxes. I would recommend this for the budget conscious traveler. It was close to grocery store, and downtown for restaurants. The front desk staff was helpful too.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank Sharon V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

I have traveled all over the world, stayed in hotels from no star to five star, but I would have to say this was one of the worst nights I have ever spent in a hotel in my entire life. And without question, this was the worst value of any hotel I've ever stayed at. I paid $150 for the night - they should be ashamed at such rates.

First off, the room smelled awful, I mean really awful. Like 20 years of cigarette smell, and mildew that's never been aired out. There is a window in the room, how about opening that up once in a while and letting some air in ? The sheets may have been washed but were so old and stained one couldn't tell. The toilet seat was, well, disgusting, so again one couldn't tell when it had been last cleaned. The paint on the bathroom walls was chipped, and flaking everywhere. Needless to say - the towels were old and gross.

The television had lots of channels, but most were poor quality, fuzzy, didn't come in completely or in a couple cases were actually frozen on one image.

The walls were paper thin, so of course I could hear everything my neighbors said and did. To top the night off there was a domestic dispute in the parking lot from about midnight until 2am. Now I realize this is not the hotels fault they certainly could have done something - perhaps ask the people to step off the property or call the police ???

If you have to go to Asheville during leaf season book early, and stay away from Econolodge. . .

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank robh1622
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

The lady at the desk was rude, extremely rude! I booked a room on the phone, using my Choice Hotels card and they quoted me a reduced rate. When I got to the hotel, they would not give me the same rate and argued with me over the rate. We also had bugs in the bathroom.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank yod2010
archer lodge
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

I tried to book my stay online but couldn't, so I called the hotel. They took all my information without giving me a price. When I inquired about the price there price was over $30 more than the online price. When I told the woman she told I should book my reservation online. After going back online I decided to book with another hotel.

When I received my credit card bill I that found Econolodge had billed me for one night. When I called them to remove it, they refused to. To make a long story short, I had to get Choice Hotels involved to get my refund

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank brad b
USA---
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2011

Average older motel, steps to upstairs had chipped treads, roomy room with old room smell but manageable, but not the $97.00 listed rooms.
Fast food joints down street are best breakfast bet.
Asked for a nonsmoking room with a view. See photos.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Daytripper19-20
Loganville, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2011

My wife and I were traveling thru Asheville on the 4th of July weekend and most hotels were full. We did find the Econo Lodge on Tunnel Road that had several empty rooms. The sign out front said Newly Updated Rooms. So we thought we were safe(WRONG). We checked in only to find our room did have new carpet (like indoor/outdoor)and paint. That was it for the updating. The door would not close well or by itself as most hotel room doors do. The door did not have a chain lock and the dead bolt would not even work so we were at the mercy of just the key card door lock. The furniture looked like it was about to fall apart and the BIG BOXY T.V. was sitting on a dresser that was directly to the side of the bed so if your wanted to watch it you had to lay across the bed to not strain your neck. The tub had rust in it and the towels looked and felt like i could push my fingers thru them. OOOH no sprinkler system either so the building must have been as old as it looked. No extra pillow,blanket or shampoo either. I forgot my razor and went to the front desk and the lady for one and she said that they did not supply razors, after several times trying to ask her and she did not understand RAZOR so i had to use sign language like i was shaving my face to get her to figure it out. OOOH well on a lighter note the small fridge did work keeping drinks cold. You don't have to worry about the check out time either since we were in a big hurry to get out of there as many people we saw in the morning doing the same thing.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank cop59
Pawling, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2010

Arrived at room in late afternoon. Went to bed that night and pulled back bedspreads and notice potato chips and other food stuff under bed. Went to front desk and asked for floor to be vacuumed. Came back to room the next day at lunch time and room still not vacuumed, but the beds were made. When you check into a room and PAY for 2 days you expect the room to be vacuumed and cleaned. When we checked out the owner had charged us an additional $14 for the 2nd night because it was a Friday. We told her she never told us that the room would be more for the 2nd night and she said it was all hotel policies and we should have known that. We told her that she had a lot of nerve charging us $14 more for the 2nd night especially since we had to request TWICE that our room be cleaned. Never again would I ever stay there or would I recommend the hotel to anyone. The owner was very rude to us. They advertise hi-speed internet but it only works in the first 3 rooms in the row.....if you want to use your computer you need to bring it down to a table and chair in the main office. How annoying is that? We specifically asked if they had hi-speed and they said yes. This owner runs a very unreliable and untruthful hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple