“Pleasantly surprised at my first Red Roof Inn!”

Red Roof Inn Asheville West
Ranked #40 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I stayed at this property for 2 nights over the Easter weekend and couldn't have been more pleased with the experience. The NextGen room was a big factor for me to stay here, along with Red Roof's no fee, pet friendly policy. Not only was the rate very reasonable, but for April 2012 you can even receive a 15% discount by booking through their website and bringing a pet.

The hotel offers few frills, but if you really only want a place to sleep and bring your pet along with, you couldn't ask for much more. The newly renovated rooms really make a difference, and I definitely preferred the laminate hardwood floors throughout the room. I was impressed by the curved shower rod and the hookless shower curtain, which make the shower feel much bigger.

Susan, the General Manager, was extremely friendly and helpful in providing nearby hiking information. The rooms do not have irons and ironing boards, but you can get both from the front desk if necessary, along with a nice cup of coffee.

The hotel is located just off I-40 and is surrounded by plenty of restaurants and it only takes about 10 minutes to reach downtown Asheville. Everyone's opinion is different and some people might expect more from this hotel, but I will definitely keep Red Roof Inn --especially this one-- in mind for future hotel needs.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Our visit to Asheville, NC was strictly pleasure; sight-seeing and visiting the beautiful Biltmore Estate. This Red Roof Inn was conveniently located. Everything we wanted to see and do was only a 10 to 20 minute drive. The room was clean, comfortable and stylish - I really liked the laminate flooring with the area rug, flat screen TV and granite counter and desk top. The room that we reserved (on-line) did not have the coffee maker, hair dryer, fridge, or microwave. I was surprised, but when I checked my confirmation it clearly indicated that these were not included. I called the front desk and they said they would gladly upgrade us to a business room that had these amenities. We stayed in our original room; we didn't even miss or need any of those things. Coffee was available in the main lobby. Everything was just perfect and for an excellent price. The grounds/ landscaping were pristine. We stayed three (3) nights and will surely be back. I highly recommend this Red Roof Inn to anyone that is looking for a wonderful, comfy, clean, quiet and affordable place to stay.

Room Tip: We like to stay on the first floor. You can park your car right in front of your room which makes un...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Our stay was after this past Christmas and it was pleasant! Very neat and clean room with everything we need for a couple of nights!! Front desk were extremely nice and let me use their printer to print our Biltmore tickets. Dunkin Donuts was a skip away and the Biltmore and downtown were only about a 10 min drive away. GREAT STAY FOR THE MONEY. We are headed back to Asheville this summer and we are booking here again!!

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 31 March 2012

This was my first stay at a Red Roof Inn, as I just needed a place to rest for a night. The room itself was clean and nicely updated, comfy bed, flat screen. However, the room had no ironing board or an iron, and when we called and asked for one, we were told we had to go downstairs to get the items.

I also understand people travel with pets, but I don't want to rent a room where animals have possibly slept in the same bed I lay in. I saw someone with large animals, not small as the policy states. I awoke to barking dogs at 6:30 a.m. With that being said, I will reserve a hotel with a "no pets" policy. If it's something you don't mind, then it is a decent stay at a valuable price. Maybe they should reserve certain rooms for people with pets.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2012

This does not have room service. However it is excellent. Newly renovated. Modern and simple. Coffee maker in room. Fridge and micro. What else could you want.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We ended up staying over a week and the staff was friendly and courteous. Housekeeping adjusted to our schedule making it easier for us as we travel with pets.

Very near our venue, yet off and away from highway noise. Recommend for a no frills, cost conscience traveler for short or long stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2012

This place had the cheapest rooms in the area, including the ratty motels we stopped at to inquire about prices. The rooms were newly renovated and looked great - wood floors, a flat screen, ample counter space and free (fast) wifi. Everything was spotless and the service was great. We paid $44 for a room.

• Stayed: March 2012