Lowest prices for your stay
C$577
C$577
Get rewarded with One Key
Algotels
C$536
Zbw

Racist Microagression at Valet/Bellhop

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Mar 15, 2024via mobile
Experience at this hotel was really great. Well oiled machine. Smooth check in. Nice rooms. Really nice gym amenities.

Just after checking out, 4 white male bellhops took turns avoiding trying to help get my car from valet. Had to speak up and ask even though 3 of them made eye contact with me and waited for other white ppl to need their service. (example, I was standing two feet from one white male who, not only, refused to acknowledge me but when I did look right at him to validate he actually worked there, he locked eyes on a white guy that was fumbling around in his car and waited minutes to service him). They eventually brought the car around after I had to speak up and walk towards one of them and ask for assistance. The guy who actually brought the car lingered in my car only to wait for me to load my own 3 bags but then hurries out to assist my white colleague load all her bags. Another white bellhop also walked by me as I was hoisting the 50lb suitcase into the trunk.

This happened around 130pm on 3/15.

My overall experience at this hotel was basically perfect as a regular traveler (titanium elite) for business and leisure but the Microagression from all 4 of them was extremely off-putting and highly unnecessary. Off putting enough that I will likely not choose or recommend this Marriott property again. Needless to say, I kept my tip.
Date of stay: March 2024
Room Tip: Avoid the 67$/night parking fee if the valet persons don't want to service African...
Trip type: Travelled on business
    C$379
4.1 km from Boston Marriott Long Wharf
View more hotels in Boston
2,676 results
All reviews quincy market the north end great location faneuil hall new england aquarium freedom trail legal seafood indoor pool can't beat the location waterline lobby starbucks escalator waterfront valet concierge hallway
Selected filters
Reviewed February 23, 2024 via mobile

Location was incredible.

Service was excellent.

I'm so frustrated with destination fees, but I guess that is what happens now.

$30 destination fee- you get it back if eating. It also includes tickets to a couple tours.

Food was great.

A stone's throw away from the aquarium.

Two blocks from Quincy market.

Room was tiny.

Pool was tiny and dirty.

Road was very noisy.

Date of stay: February 2024
1  Thank olivem155
Reviewed January 21, 2024

We always like staying here for its location. Its really accessible to the North End and downtown locations and restaurants. We are use to utilizing the concierge lounge as being a Platinum Elite member. However, the lounge was closed on the weekend. We would have much rather received a breakfast certificate than points. Nearly all the Marriotts that we stay in accommodates us when the lounge is closed for breakfast. This Marriott chose not to so our Platinum Elite status was worth no more than if we had no status at all. The front desk was not accommodating at all. For us that is deal breaker for choosing this hotel again when returning to Boston.

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank FrenchieFragments
Coleen Winfrey, Guest Services / Front Office at Boston Marriott Long Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2024

FrenchieFragments, thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Boston. You hit the nail on the head describing our location and close proximity to many of the sites and delicious dining that the city offers travelers. We are sorry that you were disappointed with the hotel's lounge closure on the weekends and bonus points that we offer. Your feedback will be shared with the hotel's leadership team. We do hope that you will reconsider your decision to stay with us on your next visit to Boston. Please don't hesitate to reach out to let our team know you are coming back so that we can ensure you fully enjoy your experience.

Reviewed January 21, 2024

For the price we paid for an upper scale room this did not check any boxes. This stay was very unpleasant. I don't care to waste anymore time on this so I'll attach some pics to my review. I will add we were located on the 2nd floor and you could hear ALL the traffic.

Room tip: If you're looking for class this isn't it. All the money is put into the lobby. Everything else is mid grade at best. Mold in shower
Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank JORDAN m

jordanmN8265DY, thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. In your comments, you mentioned that your stay was interrupted by traffic noise. My hope is that all our guests experience a relaxing and peaceful stay, and I am very sorry that this wasn’t your experience.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and I hope you give us an opportunity in hosting you again, whenever your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed January 5, 2024 via mobile

As loyal Marriott members, we always like to give Marriott a try whenever we travel. The location of this Marriott is as good as it gets. It is located right on the harbor and within walking distance to top attractions such as the North End, New England Aquarium, Faneuil Hall, and countless restaurants and bars. The lobby is welcoming and modern, the breakfast buffet was great, the rooms are clean, and the gym and pool facilities are easily accessible and well maintained. The valet attendants are fantastic and extremely knowledgeable and prompt. The reason I only gave it three stars is because I was not impressed with our rooms at all. We had a 2 queen connected to a king. The mattresses are extremely old and uncomfortable. The feather pillows were flat, and the hotel was out of foam pillows. For a hotel with this high of occupancy it would be worth it to upgrade the mattresses and have enough pillows for guest requests. The bathrooms are very tight, and our bathroom didn’t have a hook to hang a towel on. Lastly, and most unfortunate, our harbor “view” was of scaffolding, which we were not informed of when we made the reservation or checked in.

Date of stay: December 2023
3  Thank newhampshire411
Coleen Winfrey, Guest Services / Front Office at Boston Marriott Long Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2024

newhampshire411, thank you for taking the time to share so many details about your recent stay at Long Wharf. We truly appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and thank you for all of your past and future business. It was disappointing to hear that you did not fully enjoy your stay and that you found our bedding to be less than dreamlike. I have shared the concerns you mentioned with our facilities team so they can inspect the guestrooms that you stayed in right away to make any necessary improvements. Our team looks forward to hosting you again on a future visit to Boston, because if you enjoyed wintertime in Boston you will love the summer! Come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed December 24, 2023 via mobile

Great location. This hotel is a few blocks from Quincy market. Definitely walking distance. It is right in the heart of everything. You will not have to move your car. There’s a subway station right at the corner, so you can just hop on. Also, it is right next to the aquarium.

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family

jackieb479, thanks for taking the time to share your great feedback! We look forward to serving you again soon!