New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Copley Square Hotel
Ranked #26 of 82 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Braintree, Massachusetts
“Boutique hotel, accommodating staff, extremely convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

Smaller hotel w/ modern touches, can't really pick a better location. Had to book a last minute room as I was doing emergency work in the area. The staff were accommodating to the times I needed the room (working overnight, needed a room during most of the day) and interacts with everyone on a personal level. Bed is comfortable and bath is a generous size. Room size is consistant w/ this type of hotel, enough for a single person/business traveler. Would be too small if I had my family with me. My only real complaints would be short selection of tv channels w/ a grainy picture on some (surprising for a newer lcd) and the lack of wall outlets throughout the room. Only plugs are one across the room and then a single outlet built into a lamp on the desk. Makes it hard to charge my laptops, cell phone, and iPod (iPod charges on an alarm clock dock on the desk, also across the room). I can clearly hear conversations in the hallways as well as the shower next door. Bar downstairs is lively. Not sure what the charge is for parking, other hotels in the area are $30-40/night so I'd expect here to be similar, don't even think about parking on the street, valet the car and leave it. Grocery store next door is open 24hrs, and stepping out the front door, you're right across the street from Copley Plaza and the Prudential Center, as well only 2 blocks or so from Boylston St, Newbury St, and several options for public transportation. I'm from here but out of towners will do well to explore the myriad of shopping and dining choices in the entire area as you can reach tons of places by walking across the street into Copley Plaza which attached to and has enclosed walkways to take you to several other hotels and the Prudential Center. These other places all bring you out to street levelin several different spots so you can many places without going back outside, useful in the winter.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

I don't write a lot of reviews, but this place inspired me to. Just stayed here during a massive blackout (March 2012) when the entire Back Bay lost power for 36 hours because a transformer exploded in the nearby Hilton. I can't say enough about the staff and general manager, they went WAY above and beyond to take care of everybody. I was there for a conference, but had brought my girlfriend with me, and we were just walking up to the entrance when every building downtown lost power. Minutes after the power went out, they offered my girlfriend and me (free) glasses of red wine as we were waiting in the dark to check in. Most of the guests could not get key cards made due to the power loss, so the staff would walk us to our rooms and open the door for us every time. The rooms are equal or higher quality compared to the other high-end hotels in the area, but the hotel is small enough that they are able to give a personal touch that you don't get at the Westin or Sheraton. They have a great restaurant and bar as well, which continued to serve throughout the blackout. Also, when the power hadn't come back on after 18 hours, they helped people book rooms in other other hotels that had power. I told them I felt bad leaving early after they took such good care of us, but that I would definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

I must say that my stay at the Copley Square was magnificent. The staff were exceptionally knowledgable of the area and very accommodating for any special requests. The rooms and hotel itself was fashionably decorated and very clean. I would definitely recommend and most definitely be a return customer.

• Stayed March 2012
Danvers, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

My daughter, her friend and I stayed at the Copley Square Hotel last weekend. I booked the trip through a discount website, so when we three checked in, the front desk person told us that only a small queen room is generally what the discount website buys. However, he was very kind and upgraded us to a larger king room and we paid a little extra for a rollaway bed. It was a very comfortable room, nicely decorated with a small bathroom. But we managed to get ready each day. The wine reception in the evening is a nice touch. I stay in Chicago a lot and have enjoyed that feature at several hotels there. The hotel has a restaurant on site, however, we didn't get a chance to eat there. There is also a bar-called the MiniBar; convenient after a tiring day of shopping. Speaking of shopping--you can't go wrong staying at the Copley Square Hotel. It is very convenient to Prudential Center and Copley Place Mall nearby. It is also close to Newbury Street--well, you get the picture--lot's of shopping around. Restaurants abound everywhere, so you certainly won't starve! My daughter and her friend even walked to the movie theater one night to see a movie. I loved the ambiance of the hotel-small and quaint. The staff was very attentive and always greeted us warmly. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was above a club, so got a little noisy at night, but I loved the bay windows overlooking t...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank bluizgirl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

We loved it! Perfect accommodations for an overnight getaway! The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. We would highly recommend the hotel to everyone.

• Stayed March 2012
New York City, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

Just days after asserting my high standards for a five-star review (and yes, we really need to reset the curve) I'm giving one for the Copley Square. This little hotel just did everything right. Beautiful rooms with excellent lighting, clean and quiet throughout, and wonderful staff. Room service was superb, if expensive. Central to everything. Wifi is free.

Years ago I stayed at the Marriott across the road, and remember thinking that the next time I was in Boston I would stay at the Copley Square. It happened unexpectedly, through a last-minute Hotwire booking. The hotel is every bit as charming as it looks! Walk down the elegant center stairwell in the morning to immerse yourself in a bit of Boston history. At night, check out the lively bar off the lobby, or venture into the underground lounge.

Perhaps the only drawback to the Copley is that the rooms are quite small. I paid for an upgrade and felt it was well worth it.

Next time I head to Boston, I'm going to book the Copley Hotel directly. I honestly don't want to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

We live in the Boston suburbs and had a night away recently at the Copley Square Hotel. We got a great rate through hotwire and were thrilled with our choice. The hotel has recently been renovated and the lobby, bar, and rooms are really chic and elegant. It is historic Boston charm with a modern twist. We took an interior room which has a bigger bathroom and is very quiet. If you aren't there for a view, I totally recommend this. The bed was great, shower was large, and we even had a chandelier in the room. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple