2,042 results
All reviews harvard square jazz club charles river harvard business school double tree murphy bed warm cookies storrow drive whole foods living room mass pike shuttle service river view shuttle bus pull out couch king suite rooftop bar
Reviewed July 5, 2018

This is our Fifth stay. Always clean rooms, great food and great staff. We love this location because it is conveniently located. Free shuttle is a plus and it is always on time. Friendly staff makes us feel right at home.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Andres G, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2018

Dear 933maryannp,

Thank you for your returned stay and for taking the time to review our hotel.

I was happy to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to accommodate you in the best way possible.

We will be honored to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

The DoubleTree in Cambridge offers a high standard of accommodation at a reasonable price for the Boston area but there a few systemic issues that you should be aware of in choosing this hotel. The pluses - the rooms are clean and well designed to accommodate either a single person or a family through use of a comfortable “Murphy Bed” in the sitting area, the desk and sofa in the sitting area allowed me to comfortably work in the evenings I stayed at the hotel, plenty of fluffy towels, there is a shuttle to several locations in the area, limited street noice and good views from higher floors, small but fully adequate workout room, courteous staff, it is about a 20 minute walk to Harvard Square and a 10 minute walk to the Harvard B-School, the running paths along the Charles are adjacent to the hotel, each room has a microwave oven and a refrigerator, two grocery stores (Trader Joes and Whole Foods) are a 5 minute walk away. The minuses - the hotel is not close to any restaurants and you will need to either be a fit walker to get to the ones in Cambridge or be prepared seek a cab/Uber/Lyft to get to and fro, it is a 29 minute walk to the nearest T station, and as other reviewers have noted - the AC cuts off when there is no sensed occupation (my room got too warm at night). On the issue of the AC, I understand hotels are working to create energy efficiencies, but they need to use a system such as card readers in the room to avoid the cut off issue.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Andres G, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2018

Dear Asta365,

Thank you for your most recent stay and for taking the time to review our hotel.

It was indeed a pleasure to serve you during your time with us. Please be rest assure that your comments will be reviewed to ensure we meet your expectations.

Should your travels ever take you back to our city, we will be honored to welcome you back.

Reviewed July 1, 2018

I was EXTREMELY pleased with the DoubleTree. I stayed there for my first trip to Boston and the hotel was lovely! My suite was attractive, clean, and comfortable, and the pool and hot tub were glorious. They give you a free cookie upon check-in which put a smile on my face from the beginning and they send personalized texts to check on you and see if you need anything. The staff was very friendly and responsive.

A+ experience!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Andres G, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2018

Dear Jade M,

I was happy to read that you had an outstanding stay with us and that we were able to meet your expectations.

We would be delighted to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

Loved our room here!So spacious and a Murphy bed rather than a sofa bed was much appreciated by my teen. Microwave and fridge in room. Breakfast was a bit pricey and if you want more than fruit and pastry,it’s another $6! Location is a little wonky; I think I’d book in Boston proper next visit, but overall a nice roomy hotel experience. Staff excellent. Oh, and the room temp control can’t be adjusted below 70 degrees and it tends to feel hot. Didn’t really appreciate that !

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Joanne R,

Thank you for your most recent stay and for taking the time to review our property.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our rooms and the hotel amenities.

Should your travels ever take you back to Boston, we would be honored to welcome you back to the DoubleTree Boston Cambridge

Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for a week during my executive eduction at Harvard. Apparently, this is Harvard’s preferred hotel. The hotel is located just by the Charles River. It’s a 23 minutes walk to Harvard Square and subway station and same distance to Central Square and subway station. From the airport take the Silver line to South Station from there take the Red line to Harvard Square or wherever you are going and the trip is completely free.

I stayed in a suite. It was Big and I had a very beautiful view of the Charles River. I didn’t have any meals here and can’t advise on that. However, stuff at little shop by the front desk is pretty expensive. I bought a pack of lays for $3, my choice, so I can’t complain. There are stores not too far from the hotel maybe 10 minutes walk. There is a whole foods and Dunkin‘ Donuts store.

I didn’t interact much with the staff so can’t say much about that. Overall it was a very pleasant stay even though I sometimes had issues with the AC in my room, it wasn’t as cold as I would have wanted it, the bed was extremely comfy. I will definitely come back here and I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear Fattie W,

It is indeed with great pleasure that I read that your stay with us was great and that you were able to enjoy our facilities, location and staff.

Should your travels ever take you back to our beautiful city, we would be honored to welcome you back