Mandarin Oriental, Boston
US$273
US$214
US$364
  • Pool
All reviewsbar bouludboylston streetbay roomapple storefour seasonsroom servicehouse carluxury hotelsteam roomwalk in closetrain showerprudential mallin room diningperfect hotelconcierge desklocation is greatspa
Reviewed March 6, 2012

First time in ages that I've stayed in a hotel where the service was truly faultless. lots of people remembering your name. Real smiles not plastic ones. Nice rooms. Great food and unlike many hotels not overpriced if anything it appeared under priced. Will stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed March 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed in a spa floor room, with hardwood floors. Just fantastic. The service on all levels at this hotel is at the top of it's class. Perfect location on Newbury Street. Would recommend this place time and time again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nevels2000
Reviewed March 4, 2012

When I called MO in Boston and told the front desk I would have a late arrival from California (11PM),
she graciously asked if there was anything she could do upon my arrival. Jokingly, I said “yes, I would love some room service - 2 scoops ice cream. MO is know for bringing each guest their yummy tea. To my surprise, and delight, the kitchen staff sent not just the tea, however brought me THREE scoops of ice cream with a flower on the tray and a big welcoming smile on behalf of the server and the staff!!
I was so blown away because my conversation with the front desk had been over a week before my arrival!
I continue to tell this story, and most of all, I continue to get that special attention throughout during my frequent returns to Boston.
Laurie M
San Diego, Ca

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Laurie M
Reviewed February 28, 2012

After spending some time looking for a place to live in Boston I decided to treat myself. I also loved the atmosphere of welcoming as soon as you arrive, the front desk and doorman and all the staff. I throughly enjoyed my experience , my room, the spa and the location. So glad I treated myself ! I love hotels where you feel something when you walk in the lobby and not just have a room. So few places realize what a little consistent friendliness can do for a hotel . They have it right!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2012

The hotel was nice. To be fair I don't love oriental decor. The bellman and front desk were friendly and made you feel welcome immediately. All the staff we encountered were wonderful. My husband and I went to celebrate an evening away without our little ones. The location is perfect. You can walk to shops and restaurants, they are just outside the hotel. We had room service for dinner which was spectacular. The food was delicious and our server was extremely pleasant. The spa is the best Boston has to offer. We arrived an hour before our treatment and got to enjoy the vitality pool, rain shower and steam room separately. I was so relaxed before I even began my 80-minute massage. I highly recommend this spa even if your looking to go for the day. We will definitely be back again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple