All reviewstd gardenhi expressthe north endceltics gamegreat locationslow elevatorvalet parkingservice elevatorquincy marketan older buildingfree breakfastfreedom trailfront desk staffhotel is locatedyogurtking suitebig city
Reviewed March 29, 2018

I stayed one night 2/28/2018. I was in town for a Celtics game. The rooms were being redone and the hotel was a mess. My room was not a mess but wasn't luxury either. Boston is an expensive city so paying $300+ to stay at a Holiday Inn on a Wednesday is not an unusual thing so the price is whatever to stay in downtown Boston but the quality of the rooms are no better or worse than any other Holiday Inn that in other cities would run you $135 a night. I like the Holiday Inn chain and the room was clean and the staff was super friendly so I would recommend staying here at this average hotel, although I do hate the high prices of downtown Boston hotels.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston Garden, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2018

Hi Jolanda D,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. I'm glad to read from your review that you prefer the Holiday Inn brand for your lodging needs and that you found our staff friendly.

I apologize for any disappointment caused by the ongoing renovations. Rest assured when everything is done, you will be able to enjoy all our amenities and facilities. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

I was getting ready for bed the first night I was at the hotel and noticed blood on the sheets and comforter when I went to get in. I called the front desk and told them I needed a full sheet set due to the blood. They brought sheets but no comforter. The employee who brought them disappeared before I could ask for a comforter, so I called again. They brought the comforter up and I went to make the bed (there was no one on staff to do it at that hour) and noticed that the sheets I was provided were not a complete set. The fitted sheet and pillow cases were missing. I contacted the front desk a third time. I was absolutely disgusted and disappointed that they’d even put bloody sheets on a bed in the first place.

The hotel itself was a mess (it seemed to be under some refurbishment). The elevator got stuck with guests in it and the fire department had to come. As they were freeing those stuck inside, a few of the employees were recording the ordeal on their cell phones.

An absolute low class, third rate, poorly managed hotel. I’d rate it a 0 if I could.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank MattFulmer
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston Garden, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2018

Hi MattFulmer,

My name is Anthony and I thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am very sorry for the experience you had with the cleanliness of your bedding and the level of service you received from our staff. I am also sorry that the condition of our facilities, specially our elevator fell short of your expectations. We always make sure that our facilities and room accommodations our outstanding and this instance is not expected. I assure you that our management will be looking into this and correct the errors that has been made. I have sent you a private message to obtain some additional details.

Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed March 27, 2018

We stayed one evening as we had tickets for a Celtics game at TD garden. Parking is extremely limited so I would recommend paying the $43.00 valet fee- it is worth it. First let me say that the staff at this hotel went above and beyond accommodating our requests and offering assistance with anything we needed...directions, recommendations, ice, etc. The level of customer service was exceptional. It is just steps to TD Garden which is a huge convenience at the end of the game when thousands of others are departing the game and trying to get transportation. We walked to Quincy Market for dinner and some shopping which is also a short walk of less than a mile I believe. We had a suite, which was compact but so modern and clean. The lobby is under construction; therefore, the continental breakfast is limited, but this small inconvenience is outweighed by so many great things about this hotel. Definitely will stay here again.

Stayed: March 2018
3  Thank NewYorkMelinda
GMJamieGleason, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston Garden, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2018

Dear NewYorkMelinda,
First thank you for the perfect review rating!! It is very much appreciated!!
And second thank you for all the nice comments you mentioned regarding our property, it's rooms and location and our wonderful team! Providing memorable service is our number one priority. We are happy that you enjoyed the newly renovated rooms and please come back and visit when the restaurant and bar are complete! It will be amazing. Thank you again from all of us here at the hotel.

Reviewed March 23, 2018

This is your standard run of the mill Holiday Inn Express Flagged hotel service, but it is small newly renovated and located in an up anoming part of town. i loved my stay here. The place was VERY well appointed and the convenience of going to Canal street which is right around the corner from the Hotel was great.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Hello DenisAnna1990!
Thank you so much for being our guest and letting us serve you. It was our pleasure. We hope you enjoyed the newly renovated rooms and we hope you get a chance to visit again when the entire project is complete. Thank you again and have a great day.

Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

We spent 5 nights in our junior suite while on a short course at Harvard University. The hotel is very close to Lechmere train and bus station. It is very neat, the food is great, the staff amazing with care and ready to help you out with information. The place is very neat. I love the soft music in the halls and alleys too. We shall be back there again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for being our guest Chika O!
We were so pleased to hear about the staff and all the things your enjoyed about your stay! We take great pride in providing fantastic service and I am glad you recognized that. Hope your course at Harvard went well. Please visit us again soon. Thank you