“Meatballs Are The Best!”
Review of Nico

Nico
Reserve with OpenTable
Nico is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 3,307 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: North End
Reviewed 9 January 2012

My wife and daughter were planning to go to Giaccomo's for an early Saturday dinner before we drove back home to Connecticut. Having read that the wait is long I assumed going at 5 would allow us an opportunity to try it. I was wrong. The line was down the street. However, I am glad it was otherwise we would not have tried Nico which is just down the street. We were seated immediately in the downstairs area, and promptly served. Our waiter was excellent and service outstanding. My daughter and I had the Spaghetti and Meatball. One large meatball is served, and I believe it was the best meatball I have had. The sauce was also very tasty. My wife had the Gnocchi and also raved about it. The prices were reasonable for the North End, especially considering the quality of the food and service. We will most assuredly be back to try some other items as they all looked wonderful as we watched others get their appetizers.

2  Thank Thomas K
Write a ReviewReviews (1,050)

Reviewed 8 January 2012

Nice wine list compliments the medium-sized number of Italian menu choices, with great "specials" for the evening. My eggplant appetizer was devine. My neice's cioppino was the most impressive I've ever seen served: full large lobster on top of wonderful seafood. My veal chop was excellent. [Valet parking $20, but manager stayed outside for us until the car was brought.] Great bar where you can be served food. We will return.

2  Thank MarshBruce
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Everything from the appetizers to the espresso was spot on! The Arancini & Lobster Ravioli are out of this world. Our waiter was Angelo, a fellow paesan from Palermo. He made us feel at home.

Reviewed 22 December 2011

Stopped for a late lunch on a freezing Sunday afternoon. Brushed off our Italian to practice it with the charming host, Bruno, and our friendly waiter Angelo. Maybe because we visited between the lunch and dinner rushes, Angelo stopped to chat a while between courses...crisp, delicious salads and seafood pasta. Everything prepared the authentic Italian way, and generous portions...molto delizioso! To top off a lovely birthday lunch, Angelo himself made us a decadent Sicilian cannoli...yum! Next trip into the North End, I'll definitely be back....

1  Thank Bruno1966
Reviewed 21 December 2011

My darling husband chose this restaurant to celebrate our anniversary because 1) I love the North End, 2) Italian food is may favorite, 3) it was rated in the top 10 on trip advisor and 4) noted: romantic! Perfect idea BUT... we were very disappointed. Food NOT so great and atmosphere just standard not intimate. Noisy. Other tables very close. We tried to order martini before dinner... Oops only beer, wine, and flavored cordials! Further, wine list, while offering wine $595 bottle, was just so/so in selection. No sommelier also. And every time the door opened the place reeked of cannabis. I had veal and my husband had seafood, both swimming in sauce. His in fact was like a bowl of soup with steamed shellfish. We love Boston but there are too many great restaurants to be spending our time and paychecks here!

2  Thank pafmd