1,866 results
All reviews the north end main building aragosta coast guard exhale spa hanover street separate building nespresso machine water taxi old north church water view freedom trail quincy market beautiful hotel turn down service td garden beautiful room
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Fairmont Boston, Battery Wharf was very nice, great customer service & nice clean room. For a special occasion I had reserved an Ocean view King. This was a birthday and with a full moon I was willing to pay premium for the view. Upon arrival I was told you've been upgraded to a "junior sweet". Very nice room etc. Does it have an ocean view? NO. Matter of fact, it is the corner room at the entrance to the area with a busy 5 corner intersection. Breakfast was noteworthy in that when I ordered the "New England" breakfast on the menu the person taking the order had no idea what I was talking about. When the breakfast arrived it was incomplete & I had to make another call to get the rest of the breakfast. Pancakes were as heavy as you hear in horror stories. No light & fluffy in the description here. Very large, portions were huge, just VERY heavy. Sausage was delicious. Bathroom linens were beautiful. Should have a towel rack heater though. We were leaving when everyone else was I guess, and when I called for my car I was told there would be a 15 minute wait. More like half an hour until a driver came & asked what we drive...... I would try another place next time.

Room Tip: get what you reserve.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Perfect location on the waterfront with great views of Boston harbor. In the North End with some of the best restaurants. The history of Boston is at your front door.
The rooms have everything you could ask for and the staff is friendly and eager to help.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I stayed at the Fairmont on Battery Wharf for a significant event. The hotel was quite aware of this and understood certain basic expectations needed to be met throughout the weekend. Not only were the staff not helpful in preparing these basic services, they also fell short in providing general services that they offer to a typical visitor. As well, the staff had an extremely bad attitude toward me and my company. For instance, when asked for an additional suitcase rack, it took an hour of sitting in my room and waiting only to be met with a rack handed to me while the attendant was busy playing on his smartphone. Additionally, the hotel was very gracious to offer help calling for the water taxi, and cabs on numerous occasions only for us to be waiting in the lobby for over an hour each time. I ended up walking away from the hotel a few blocks to hail my own cab and was extremely late for meetings. If you can't get the taxi's in a normal amount of time, don't offer. I did not come to boston to waste hour upon hours waiting for help from the staff. When I tried to offer slight professional criticism, in the kindest way possible, I was met with a smug response and short answers only to feel like I was wasting their time. The only thing that they were good at was checking someone out as if they couldn't wait to get rid of their guests. I strongly discourage staying here unless you want to hang out in the hotel with no service during your entire trip.

Room Tip: Don't come here
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank kramer2nd
Reviewed November 2, 2011

With Boston all lodgings are more expensive than alot of cities. Combine that with parking cost and things add up. This is a super location for walking in Boston. Minutes from the TD Garden for a Bruins game and just a short walk to the North End or Quincy Market.

Take some time roam around and enjoy the area. Become a Free Fairmont Presidents Club member for at least the free internet. It will save you 12 bucks a day plus you are eligble for other offers.

Staff is friendy and the Valet bring the vehicles up quickly. Nice place.

Room Tip: View of the Harbour is nice if you can get one. Just keep in mind the hotel is only the first two floors of the building. The rest are Condos.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2011

One night stay on business, very friendly staff and large modern rooms. Pricey, but not more so than other more midline hotels in Boston.

Many places to eat nearby, and some great views. Take the water taxi from Logan for a very unusual arrival experience.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business