Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront
US$247
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$273/night.

US$259
US$241
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$289/night.

US$325
US$280
Omni Parker House(Boston)
US$215
US$206
Omni Hotels
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$279/night.

US$239
US$229
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$297/night.

US$299
US$284
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$381/night.

US$199
US$186
  • Bar/Lounge
The Verb Hotel(Boston)
US$199
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$257/night.

US$323
US$281
Agoda.com
US$246
US$215
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$265/night.

1,740 results
All reviewsthe north endcoast guardaragostamain buildingexhale spahanover streetnespresso machinewater taxiold north churchwater viewfreedom trailtd gardenbeautiful hotelquincy marketturn down servicebeautiful roomfaneuil hall
Reviewed January 2, 2012

This hotel is fairly new and quite modern compared to most of the other hotels in Boston and divided in to several buildings. It is located in the North End just a short distance from quaint cobblestone streets and fantastic Italian restaurants. Quincy Market is also a short walk away and do-able even in the bitter cold! The check-in and other services were fine although we are pretty low maintenance and pretty much just check-in and check-out.

My husband and I stayed in a standard room and since I had to work, made use of the nice desk and high-speed internet. While I have read that people would rather have a coffee machine rather than an espresso machine, you can just use the "espresso" pack and select the larger cup size for a "coffee" instead of an espresso. The room layout (especially the bathroom) is quite clever. The toilet is ensconced in opaque glass next to the shower. The doors to both have towel racks maximizing space. The closets in the hallway also open up in the bathroom which is pretty clever. Also, antiquated phone in toilet (weird!) and TV speaker in bathroom which would be nice for business travelers. The lighting in the bathroom is FANTASTIC!

A few gripes. The relative lack of privacy of the bathroom. This is a personal preference but I have noticed that many modern hotels use sliding doors for the bathroom (W in Time Square NYC and AVIA in Napa Valley) which I am not a fan of. Also, no tub in the standard room. While parking fees are standard in any major urban hotel it still irritates me. You have to build in an extra $42 per day cost to the hotel. If we were just staying in Boston we would not rent a car but we were traveling all over New England and had to valet.

The gym, located in the hotel's spa, is pretty decent by hotel standards and have treadmills (with TV), bikes, free weights, Swiss ball, Kettle Balls, and a few weight machines. The treadmills were on pads to minimize noise and vibration but resulted in wobbliness. I couldn't even run on one for fear of twisting an ankle. But it was nice looking out the window down on to the street.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

The property was lovely as usual, our check in was a bit delayed, however, while we waited at bar, the "HOUSE" covered our first round.
The only bad piece, was that we were placed into a connecting room- with a wedding party. not just people in the wedding- the PARTY.... very loud. The kid checking us in maybe, should have thought of that..... however, at 3 AM when I called the Desk, Mark(?) moved us in minutes, so, problem solved.
The bartender, Ned- went above and beyond in all things, food recommendations, drinks, chat. While our room was delayed- AFTER his shift was over, he still went to try and find out what was the delay.

Room Tip: maybe ask about surrounding rooms.....
Reviewed January 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the FBW to celebrate New Years Eve. Great location: North End, excellent restaurants, business district, historical sites and Back Bay shopping. I have stayed in 3 other Fairmont hotels and I wanted quality service and staff, and a luxurious room. Before going to Boston, I went to Maine to do work on my 77 year old mother's house for a week. I therefore brought my older pickup truck. When I arrived at the Fairmont, the valet repeatedly asked me to use a local parking garage instead of using the hotel's valet service. On my insistence, the valet finally agreed to do his job. The rooms were so poorly constructed that anytime a guest closed their door, the walls shook, which also vibrated our door. This occurred throughout the night. There is very poor insulation between rooms, so I had the pleasure of listening to all that entails, including the apparent chest cold of the woman next door. (I went for NY eve celebrations, so I was not looking for silence, often returning to the room sometime after 2 a.m.) I brought the valet and noise issues to the attention of the front desk who replied, "Yes, we have gotten a lot of those complaints." I have stayed in cheap motels that left the light on for me which had better staff. I cannot recommend this Fairmont to anybody. The hotel also only has one dining option. Major disappointment. Despite the above, the hospitality staff was very good; the room design (not construction) was very elegant with big bathrooms and modern features.

2  Thank mfhphotography
Jana_Baseel, Fairmont Battery Wharf, Marketing Coordinator at Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2012

Hello and thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I was disappointed to hear about your experiences, as we strive to provide our guests with warm service and a comfortable quality stay. I have shared your comments with our Operations and Engineering team, as this sort of feedback represents a valuable opportunity for us to make improvements for all our guests. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

My husband and I just got back from an overnight getaway in Boston and stayed at the Fairmont. It could not have been better. The check-in process was very quick, the staff offered to let us switch rooms if we weren't satisfied with our rooms (we were very satisfied, lovely view of the harbor, spotlessly clean), and offered to help us with any needs. It is a quick walk up to the North End restaurants and less than 10 minutes to the T. The location is pretty quiet, away from the bustle and tourists. The coffee in the room was the strong and fresh. The room was well-stocked, nice robes, good magnifying mirror, lovely soaps, very comfortable bed and pillows. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbor view when you make your reservation. Floors above two have nice balconies.
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I have given this hotel three shots at being somewhere I would continue staying and there will be no more.
The hotel is a bit out of the way but still in a decent location. It feels like it is in the city and yet it also feels quite away from "downtown". Lots of great North End restaurants are within 10-15 minute walk.
The hotel is modernly lovely with amenities that you would expect from a Fairmont property, but it also has a rather "cold" impersonal feeling to it starting in the lobby.
I have found on all three stays that while the front desk staff are basically courteous, they are not particularly friendly and check-in is conducted in a very perfunctory manner.
Where the hotel really falls down is if you have arrived by car. There is no parking garage. Parking is strictly by valet. I have stayed at plenty of hotels where there is valet parking only and am aware that you may need to wait a bit for your car. At this property however, a bit can be 45-50 minutes. Totally unacceptable in my opinion. I waited 25 minutes for my car on my first stay. On my second stay, remembering my wait before, I phoned down 1/2 hour before I left my room and waited another 15 minutes beyond that! My third stay it took 50 long minutes for my car to arrive. AND they have the gall charge $42.00 a day to park!
To sum up, if you want to stay at a Fairmont and are going to Boston, choose the Fairmont Copley Plaza. The hotel is lovely, the staff warm and inviting and even though they charge the same $42.00 per day to park (again valet only) I have never waited more than 15 minutes for my car. The location is super and the Fairmont Copley is my preferred hotel when I am in Boston.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank PerfectJourneys
Jana_Baseel, Fairmont Battery Wharf, Marketing Coordinator at Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your experience with us. We read all posts and appreciate guest feedback. While we were pleased to see that you enjoyed our property’s modern décor, amenities and North End location, we were disappointed to read that your lobby and valet parking experiences did not meet your expectations. I have forwarded your comments to our operations team so that we can investigate these issues and make improvements to our service. Thank you again for your feedback.