“Amazing wedding venue”

Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront
Ranked #32 of 85 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We chose this venue because it is right on the waterfront, right behind the North End and small enough to feel like a home away from home and big enough to accommodate our wedding of 130 ppl. This venue is unique and very classy without being overstated or too fancy. Our contact was Ashley Lamy, who was incredible. She walked us through the whole process and made us feel that we didn't need to worry about anything--and we didn't. She tried to accommodate all of our requests and even threw in some extra perks which were a great surprise. On the day of the event, everything we asked about was there and the event was flawless. We had our ceremony and cocktail reception outside with part of the reception in the Maritime museum onsite. We then moved inside for dinner. We had a buffet and the food was so good. Everyone commented on the food and how friendly the staff was. People were really impressed at the high level of service. Everyone has been telling us that this was one of the best weddings that they have ever been to and a lot of that credit goes to Ashley, the chef, the service staff, the A/V department and the bartenders (who everyone knew by name). Thank you, thank you for making this event so easy, memorable and fun!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank breen21
Write a ReviewReviews (1,620)

Reviewed 25 April 2012

In a word, disappointing - I would have told the staff had anyone asked. I was with a group of 12 from various cities yet my room wasn't held. They offered an upgrade for a fee, and after I objected, they located me into the Gold concierge building. The room was small, smaller than my fellow associates in other buildings, but I got the lounge service which was very nice - good food! Maid service never happened, and I got a 5:00AM wake up call that I didn't request and was two hours earlier than I needed to get up (that's 2:00AM my time). The desk staff also misplaced a package needed for a meeting. It was eventually found and delivered after a few hours. Others in my group liked the hotel. The star service provider was Nancy, our server in the restaurant. Although I reported the problems mentioned above and heard "I'm sorry" more than I should have, there was never an attempt to make things better: sloppy and unimpressive service but a nice building.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank vljmiller
Jana_Baseel, Fairmont Battery Wharf, Marketing Coordinator Jana Baseel at Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

We are concerned to read your posted comments about your recent visit with us at Fairmont Battery Wharf and appreciate that you provided this feedback. Please be assured that we have shared your comments with our Operations team and will be addressing the issues you noted. It is however a delight to hear that our server, Nancy, made a nice impression on your stay. She is certainly a star employee and we will be pleased to pass on your compliments. If you would like to contact us directly to provide more information (batterywharf@fairmont.com), we would welcome the opportunity to resolve any miscommunications that might have occurred while you were here. It is a shared priority of the staff to provide thoughtful service to all of our guests, and we regret that your visit did not meet your expectations. Thank you for providing your comments in this forum.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

i've stayed at the fairmont before,and each time i have been delighted.I asked for hypoallergenic pillows and got them right away.The rooms are equipped with nespresso coffee makers,so you get a perfect cup of coffee each time.nice large rooms,and super comfy beds.so much so we order room service! (fyi,room service food is delicious and plentiful .) I wanna go back!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pmgjoni
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I found it to be nice. Not a 4 star- I would put it in league with a Holiday Inn without amenities-no pool, too far between buildings, no housekeeping, no breakfast, sneaky charges for internet, my room was small. I had to ask for everything repeatedly. One of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in, though. The staff was nice, polite, it was just okay. No Hilton or Rennaisance, and I paid 2 times more at Fairmont than either of those.

Room Tip: I don't know, you may not get what you ask for anyway.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Jana_Baseel, Fairmont Battery Wharf, Marketing Coordinator Jana Baseel at Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review in this forum. Feedback from all our guests is appreciated and we regret that the overall value didn’t match your expectations, and for that we are disappointed. If there is anything that could have made your stay better, we hope you’ll let us know. As for future stays with us or with any Fairmont hotel, joining the Fairmont President’s Club is completely free and members can access complimentary wireless internet during their stays. Thank you again for sharing and we hope that you consider returning to our hotel as we would welcome the opportunity to win you back.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

This hotel is really nice. Very nice clean rooms and great location! You are within walking distance of great restaurants. The habor view is wonderful! Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank padilladora
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Stayed here on St. Patrick's Day. Booked a room with two double beds but they were overbooked so we got upgraded to a President's Club room! The room was huge! Had a living area with a huge pull out couch, dining area, a desk and office area, and two bathrooms! The bed was incredibly comfortable. The shower had a waterfall shower head which was great! Also in the bathroom were very nice shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. Also had mouthwash. Room included a coffee maker, and even a little bowl of candies. You cant beat the location either, The North End!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sargey2719
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I stayed in the Fairmont Battery Wharf this past weekend for two nights, as I was in town for a wedding. The hotel is set up just on the water over several buildings. It has a nice intimate feeling rather than feeling like you're in an enormous hotel building.

We stayed in the third building - the same building as reception and the bar. The room was spacious. The bed was incredibly comfortable! Overall, there are great amenities. A proper ironing (necessary for ironing a suit for a wedding). There was a Nespresso machine with a selection of capsules. A nice TV, if you're into that kind of thing.

The bathroom was very nice too - it was big and very clean. There was a waterfall shower which is such a nice touch. My favorite part, though, may have been the selection of products. This may seem trivial, but if you're traveling from far away and don't want to carry all of your own products it's comforting to know that the Shampoo, Condition, and Shower Gel were all really high quality and smelled of roses. I later looked into the brand to purchase for myself. They also have an effective body lotion...which I rarely find in hotels.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful. There's no free wifi, but will get the cost waived if you join their President's Club. We had breakfast in the restaurant, which was pricey but very tasty.

The area of the hotel is great too! It's in the North End, so you're just a five minute walk from all of the pastry shops and Italian restaurants you'll ever want. Within a 10 minute walk is Quincy Market, where you can explore a range of culinary options (some better than others I imagine) or just observe the chaos.

If you're looking for a hotel for a nice weekend with a significant other, I'd say this is a great choice!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple