“Great Views From Any Room”

Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront
Ranked #32 of 85 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 May 2012

This hotel is amazing. Spacious rooms, attention to detail and friendly service. The hotel is set up in a way that you can see the water from any of it's rooms. The employees are all eager to help with any reservations or sightseeing ideas you may need.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,620)

Reviewed 25 May 2012

I was very pleasantly priced to find this treasure by the harbour! I've stayed in other places in Boston/Cambridge, but this is definitely my favourite. Service is attentive, the room was especially nice with an incredible view of the harbour. It was also in a great location--a short walking distance to the Aquarium and Old North Church (both not to be missed. Particularly memorable about this place was the great restaurant (highly recommended) and attentive doormen. I am very pleased that Fairmont seems to maintain its excellent service at very reasonable prices (join the free President's Club for internet and other perks).

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room with the view of the harbour
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank raclaw
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Nice rooms, clean and updated. Courteous service, and great location. BUT, $15 for internet and $50 for parking at a $500 a night hotel? Plus they charge you to use the business center computer to print out your boarding pass? I get more for my money at a Holiday Inn! It just adds insult to injury, and you certainly don't get these extra charges at a Kimpton...

Room Tip: Find a hotel in the area that's not going to charge you for just breathing. There are plenty.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Infmedic
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I Live in Massachusetts and am embarrassed to admit I never had the opportunity to stay at a hotel in Boston- mostly because I lived so close and the expense of it all. Well, my boyfriend and I were invited to a night wedding last week and decided to stay in the city that night. WOW- a friend of his recommended this hotel and I have to say I have NEVER stayed in a hotel so nice- anywhere- Most people have hit the nail on the head in their reviews already, but I loved it so much I wanted to share-
Upon arrival we were greeted by valets who were extremely pleasant, helpful and informative. We got to the room and my gosh- they told me we didn't have a view BUT we were right on the wharf! I don't think there IS a bad view there- we looked right out onto the water....
Amenities included beautiful decor- modern and classy- expresso machine that really worked and produced expresso for real :-) Lovely leather lounger, gorgeous linens and extremely comfortable king size leather bed with huge silk headboard- stunning color coordination- 46" flat screen- huge for a hotel! Tasteful woods and lighting. The hall closet opened up from the bathroom- I LOVED this- so convenient- the bathroom had a large walk in shower with overhead rain shower , large sink area with modern fixtures-
I had a wardrobe malfunction and called the front desk- in 5 minutes a nice woman arrived at the door and proceeded to help me "fix" the situation- sweet-
I could go on and on- if you just want a treat / sneak peek just go in and look at the main lobby ladies room - (ladies! :-) )
Walked to tiny place for a quick breakfast- they held our baggage for us without a problem and suggested where to go even when they had breakfast there- high quality service-
We didn't want to leave.. we just loved it there- seriously - Didn't get to see the building that housed the spa and fitness center- it was huge- in retrospect we should have at least checked it out-
ENJOY this place is you are lucky enough to go there- I could not find a single thing wrong with it- it cannot disappoint! :-)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank travelluvr1967
Reviewed 10 May 2012

A very modern, clean and nice hotel, right on the waterfront. Its is convenient for the North end, but not so much downtown. Parking rates were crazy as usual, but we found a space on the road nearby and walked 5 mins.

Our impression of the hotel was heightened by the fact we got an upgrade to a deluxe room. The room was very fancy, immaculate, spacious and comfortable. Got the hotel on a special, but otherwise is expensive, but then again Boston is crazy pricey for nice hotels.

Great stay, that ticked all the boxes.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DanHobs
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We chose this venue because it is right on the waterfront, right behind the North End and small enough to feel like a home away from home and big enough to accommodate our wedding of 130 ppl. This venue is unique and very classy without being overstated or too fancy. Our contact was Ashley Lamy, who was incredible. She walked us through the whole process and made us feel that we didn't need to worry about anything--and we didn't. She tried to accommodate all of our requests and even threw in some extra perks which were a great surprise. On the day of the event, everything we asked about was there and the event was flawless. We had our ceremony and cocktail reception outside with part of the reception in the Maritime museum onsite. We then moved inside for dinner. We had a buffet and the food was so good. Everyone commented on the food and how friendly the staff was. People were really impressed at the high level of service. Everyone has been telling us that this was one of the best weddings that they have ever been to and a lot of that credit goes to Ashley, the chef, the service staff, the A/V department and the bartenders (who everyone knew by name). Thank you, thank you for making this event so easy, memorable and fun!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank breen21
Reviewed 25 April 2012

In a word, disappointing - I would have told the staff had anyone asked. I was with a group of 12 from various cities yet my room wasn't held. They offered an upgrade for a fee, and after I objected, they located me into the Gold concierge building. The room was small, smaller than my fellow associates in other buildings, but I got the lounge service which was very nice - good food! Maid service never happened, and I got a 5:00AM wake up call that I didn't request and was two hours earlier than I needed to get up (that's 2:00AM my time). The desk staff also misplaced a package needed for a meeting. It was eventually found and delivered after a few hours. Others in my group liked the hotel. The star service provider was Nancy, our server in the restaurant. Although I reported the problems mentioned above and heard "I'm sorry" more than I should have, there was never an attempt to make things better: sloppy and unimpressive service but a nice building.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank vljmiller
Jana_Baseel, Fairmont Battery Wharf, Marketing Coordinator Jana Baseel at Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

We are concerned to read your posted comments about your recent visit with us at Fairmont Battery Wharf and appreciate that you provided this feedback. Please be assured that we have shared your comments with our Operations team and will be addressing the issues you noted. It is however a delight to hear that our server, Nancy, made a nice impression on your stay. She is certainly a star employee and we will be pleased to pass on your compliments. If you would like to contact us directly to provide more information (batterywharf@fairmont.com), we would welcome the opportunity to resolve any miscommunications that might have occurred while you were here. It is a shared priority of the staff to provide thoughtful service to all of our guests, and we regret that your visit did not meet your expectations. Thank you for providing your comments in this forum.