“Creative Food”
Review of Cultivar

Cultivar
Reserve with OpenTable
Cultivar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,091 of 3,403 Restaurants in Boston
Good for: Bar Scene, View, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: GATHER | GROW Cuisine inspired by our diverse landscape. Cultivar is an independent restaurant by Chef | Owner Mary Dumont located at Ames Boston Hotel
Reviewed September 13, 2017

I took my wife here for her birthday.

First, the atmosphere was a bit less classy than I had hoped for and a bit noisy. Luckily we were able to get a seat near the windows. Also, there is outdoor seating near a fire pit.

We decided to make a meal out of the appetizers - getting 6 in total. Should have probably gotten 5 since they are big. The seafood was very fresh and the vegetable dishes were excellent - home-grown veggies. We really liked the eggplant. Desserts were creative - though almost too much. They tried to mix a number of flavors which tended to be a bit much.

Total bill was about $175 which is not bad for the food + wine.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

Sometimes when plates are this well constructed visually the flavor and substance is lacking. This is not what I found to be the case here. We ate at the bar and the service was excellent. Every detail in this place has been well thought out from the small glass ware to the Japanese maple tree in the corner. Lovely navy velvet couches and and a beautiful bar area make a trendy but inviting place. And the food!! My friend and I ordered several small plates from the appetizer section, two pastas and a main course. We finished w a dessert. It was all amazing. It was already my friend's second visit. It won't be my last.

Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

The pasta was excellent! The other food items were pretty good too. Our server was a little slow coming to our table but there was an almost 45 minute way between our appetizer and entree. They did seem to start checking on us more but our server offered no explanation. They took our drinks off the final bill - which we appreciated. I'd go back but hope they have timing kinks worked out.

Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Ames and decided we might as well dine at the restaurant! I'm so glad we did. It's a beautifully appointed space with lots of soft touches to dim the noise level. The food was absolutely sublime, beautifully prepared and melt in your mouth delicious. The service was just right - no hovering and there when it was needed.
I can't wait to return.

Reviewed August 30, 2017

This is one world call restaurant. Super ambiance, great service and so such a wonderful menu. So many succulent items to choose from. Try the chicken for two, and out there pasta. I had the squid ink with seafood pasts. the steak looked great and the deserts mouth watering