“Awful Inn!”
Review of Constitution Inn

Constitution Inn
Ranked #82 of 85 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

The Inn’s website sure had us fooled! The lobby area was very plain and cold and the front desk agents were just as cold. When we entered the elevator it smelled like an ashtray. Unfortunately the odor lingered to our room. The bathroom was very dingy and the drain had shampoo caps in it from the previous guests. No wash clothes provided. We reserved a room with a king and got two queens. The furniture resembled old community college dorm room furniture. The linens were dry and uncomfortable and the beds were hard as a rock! Luckily we didn’t spend a bunch of time in the room. When we checked out bright and early the gentleman at the front desk didn’t have a uniform on or name tag, he looked like the average kid with his NYY flat brim hat on. Don’t let the website fool you, this place is a dump!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Natalie W

Reviewed 16 November 2017

The hotel itself is fine. The people were friendly and helpful. However, someone from housekeeping STOLE my Kindle Fire. I am 100% certain of this! We were moved from our initial room at 5 am because there was no hot water. In the rushed move I left my Kindle Fire in the room. Later in the day when I realized it, I contacted the manager. The room had not been re-rented only cleaned. The Kindle was gone. No one had access to the room but housekeeping. If you should choose to stay here be VERY careful. I would never post something this negative unless I know it to be true. We checked out.

Room Tip: Guard your belongings from housekeeping
1  Thank Casette A
Beth B, Director of Sales at Constitution Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Thank you so much for bringing this issue to our attention! Please contact me directly at ebenner@ymcaboston.org or 617-286-1209. We would like to look into this matter but need your assistance to do so.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

Very clean rooms and friendly staff .AMAZING location . We took the shuttle boat to Faneuil hall . This is a great hotel doing amazing things for children s hospital and other local groups including feeding the homeless . The hotel supports these efforts as a non profit .

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are glad that you enjoyed Boston and your stay with us. We hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

My wife and I spent a few days at the Constitution Inn last week. I was there on business and was looking for a budget Hotel closer to the sites of Boston than the suburbs where I would be having meetings. The hotel was as expected for the price when we arrived, we did have a few light bulbs out the first day which the maintenance guy came up and replaced one of the bulbs but only brought one bulb and said they would return which they never did. Not a big deal since the entry way light was replaced so we never called back but the lights over the bed never worked which caused us to move a floor lamp closer to the bed so we didn't have to get up and down. That first night when getting ready for bed is when we realized there was no comforter or blanket on the bed just a sheet and thin cover, we thought this was strange but the room temp was comfortable so we didn't complain, one was never added for our 4 nights there. First day there they forgot to leave towels. Friday night is where things turned bad to bizarre... there was a party going on in the room next to ours with music being played and people opening and slamming doors and talking the hallway while we were in bed. We called down to inform the desk and they were polite and said they would handle it, which they did. But we did hear them explaining to keep the noise down as well as informed them that our room number was the ones who complained. Then a bit later music and loud conversation started up again so my wife called and they offered her to move our room which we declined since we were in bed and didn't want to pack all our stuff. It did quite down again but then started up again, so I called down again and the desk person said and I quote "We already told them to be quite twice and we offered your wife to move rooms but she declined what else can we do?" I was confused by that response that asking them to be quite was all that could be done... I asked if they could be moved since they are up and they said ok. This seemed to work and were told they were moved to a room on the other side of the floor BUT the same voices kept coming back to the original room and slamming doors and having conversations outside our door even knocking on our door (I assume since I heard their staff gave them our room number)

their staff not dealing with this properly made for an extremely bad night of sleep and a rough day of site seeing due to lack of sleep.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John W

Thank you so much for your feedback, we appreciate it. We are so sorry that we didn't meet your expectations and that there was a problem with other guests. We hope that you enjoyed your visit to Boston none the less.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

We stayed one night at this hotel. I'm thankful it was only one night. While our room was clean, it is in serious need of updates. Our shower appeared to have been caulked together since installation. Warm water was questionable. The only restaurants near by was a dunkin donuts and a 7-11 On the plus side, it's within walking distance to the north end of the freedom trail

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Beth B, Director of Sales at Constitution Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

We are sorry that our rooms didn't meet your expectations but hope that you enjoyed your visit to Boston.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Great location however this hotel needs help - a lot of help. The room was expensive and below standard for the price. Upon arriving the heating in the room was turned up so high it felt like I was entering a sauna, and the room smelt really really bad. After opening the windows and waiting an hour it was manageable. Some of the reception staff were also really unfriendly. No breakfast either.
Definitely not a place I would want to revisit or recommend.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
1  Thank Mattsthlm

We are sorry that we didn't meet your expectations but hope that you enjoyed your visit to Boston.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

The location was great, walking distance to attractions and restaurants. But the room was old and worn. There was no grout left in the tub, the fixtures were old, the outlets were actually frightening, the carpet "sticky", the mattress well used. I doubt I'd stay here again if I'm being honest. Even the front desk service was lacking.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your feedback, we appreciate it. We are sorry that our rooms didn't meet your expectations but hope your enjoyed your visit to Boston.