1,926 results
All reviewsbliss spabliss productswow suitew insidercool corner roomthe theater districtlobby bar iscupcakesfloor to ceiling windowsstreet noiseupgraded roomhigher floorgreat roomupon checkvalet parkingfreedom trailloren
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Although after the experience of W hotel in Washington DC we realized that the W experience is almost a rip-off, but our reservation at the W Boston was already made. We went hoping it will be a better experience than DC but it was just the same: disappointing.

We were very disappointed to go to a hotel of such caliber and not to be treated like guests. The spa is there but not for the guests of the hotel but only for the "guests of the spa". In other words, you have to pay to use the spa. You have to pay for the Wi-fi. You have to pay for the bottles of water. Wherever you look in the room, you find items for sale. One feels s/he in a gift store. Although we did not take a standard room there is no bath tub or any of the extras granted in other similar hotels like cotton buds, Q tips, sewing kit.

The place is trying to be hip and chic but it is actually silly and mediocre. The alternative decor does not make-up for the flaws.

It's not worth it.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jawkaz
Reviewed July 30, 2011

The only plus for this hotel is that it is the only SPG in downtown. Apart from that,staff is fairly arrogant and they charge for absolutely everything. As an spy Platinium me member they did have the kindness to offer me a (very) small bottle Pf water for the room. Impressive! Don't even get me started on getting in the hotel at night when there is a long line of people waiting to get in the bar... Finally, this is the only SPG property where they offered me 500 points if they didn't have to clean my room! Most amazing part of this was that the check-in girl would not take no for an answer.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank MexBel
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Location, Location, Location. Great, center of the city. close to everything.

the room was nice with lots of extra's mini bar water snacks. But not for free

Everything cost money

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Nice location very close to Chinatown and two blocks from Subway station. Room was spacious and had very contemporary/modern amenities. Loved the body butter moisturizer that was included with the toiletries. Only complaint is that the bathroom lacked a fan which was not convenient for hot showers or #2s and free wifi was only available in the hotel lobby. Elevators were quick though!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2011

My wife and I stayed here over our anniversary on a month long trip through NYC, New England, Canada and the east coast. The hotel looks nice enough and has lot's of "wannabes" trying to act cool at the bar and lounge. We were put on the 14th floor in the corner suite that we booked after I refused to stay on the 4th floor where they tried to put us upon check in. Even on the 14th floor, the noise on the street was ridiculously loud being graduation weekend in Boston. The room itself was large, but the "soaking tub" which we booked it for barely held one (petite) person. One whole side of the room was windowed, but the curtains had to manually drawn each night which was a right hassle which involved climbing over the couch to complete the chore properly. The staff were a tad arrogant, and that included the 4 guy's acting as doormen who simply just stood outside the hotel chatting and doing stuff all, and looked like they were in pain when asked to do something. There was no free wifi in the room (the only hotel on a month long trip that didn't offer it for free) at $350 odd a night I thought this was pathetic and super scummy of the W. Each time my wife and I had a drink in the bar, our room was charged $50 on top of the drinks amount as a "deposit", this took a week to be refunded to my credit card which was unacceptable as we had numerous drinks down there prior to going out and the "deposit" totalled $400. All in all there are loads of better hotels to stay at in Boston that will be of a higher standard at a cheaper rate and without the arrogant tosser's that seemed to frequent this
establishment.