1,927 results
All reviewsbliss spabliss productswow suitew insidercool corner roomthe theater districtlobby bar iscupcakesfloor to ceiling windowsstreet noiseupgraded roomhigher floorgreat roomupon checkvalet parkingfreedom trailloren
Reviewed February 23, 2012

We stayed for two nights February 10 -12th. Really nice hotel with modern amenities, great designs in room, comfortable beds, terrific views of Boston. Walking distance to all, i.e. the Commons, TF Changs restaurant, Newbury Street....yet priced for only 179 dollars per night.
Ultimate in service....friendly desk staff, great doorman, parking is expensive so park at the Commons and walk to hotel after you checkin......loved it!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a weekend. We found the location to be convenient and the hotel is very clean. It seems smaller than most W hotels, it has a bit of a boutique hotel feel. We received good service while we were there. We would go back.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2012

This place might be great for a 20 something (crazy loud music when we checked in, bar flooded with party goers). And maybe it is my fault for booking at the W since I am probably not the demographic they are after (I am in my 30's).

The W tries hard to be trendy but it is all flash and no substance. Our room looked just like an Aloft or Element - both Aloft and Element are great but that is because you get what you pay for...no frills but clean with Ikea decor.

The pros: Location is great! Very close to a lot of the sights and great places to eat.

The Cons: Our bathroom was dirty (especially the toilet seat...gross!!), our internet connection (which you have to pay for) was spotty at best, and they tried to charge me for a 1-800 call despite the front desk telling me it was free. When I brought it to the woman at the front desk's attention she tried to challenge me. It was not the $2.00 that I cared about rather the misinformation followed by the challenge.

These aren't "end of the world" complaints (well maybe the toilet) but when you add them all up it is enough to make you think, "I won't book here again" - particularly with all the choices in Boston.

Lastly, we shared our frustrations with the woman at the front desk upon our departure. She had a completely vacant stare in her eyes and truly could have cared less. We won't be back.

Room Tip: We were on the 14th floor and could still hear the music from the bar.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
emg_1211, Front Office Manager at W Boston, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

Hello - I read your review about the W Boston and would like the opportunity to speak to you regarding your stay. Please contact me at your earliest convienence at 617.261.8700 - Kind Regards, Elaine Goldman, Director of Welcome Office

Reviewed February 11, 2012

We visited the W as part of a romantic little trip to the city. We were VERY impressed with how immaculately the place was taken care of. The lobby staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, fresh flowers filled the lobby, and our room was absolutely spotless! The location was perfect, as we wanted to have dinner in Chinatown (just down the street) and see the Blue Man Group, which was right around the corner from us. The room we stayed in was called a Cool Corner, which was also very neat. It was not your typical hotel room...very modern looking with interesting art features.

Room Tip: The Cool Corner has great views of the street. It is also very bright, as the two corner walls are totally windows.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary W
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Pros: the location is great, it's about a 10-15 minute walk to Quincy Market and Faneuil Hall. Around the corner from the hotel, there is a club which plays Hip Hop music (forgot the name!) and it gets quite busy and rowdy during the night time but it couldn't hear anything in the rooms. We originally booked 2 nights best available rate through the hotel's website, but had to cancel one night due to an emergency at home, the front desk staff was very helpful and she refunded us the one night stay.

Cons: I stayed in a 2 double bedroom and I'm surprised that the bathroom was still a bit see through, I could understand it when you are in a King bedroom, I think that this needs to be changed cause it's quite uncomfortable when you are traveling with your friends. The lobby is really dark at night, the rooms design seems a little tacky compared to the other W hotels I've stayed at, I feel like it needs a facelift.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends