All because of my experience at the W Boston, not only will we stay there again, but we will look to see if there is a W in any city or country that we plan to visit in the future. After having just a casual conversation with one of the staff supervisors, Alex, he made our anniversary more special than we could've imagined. We booked a Spectacular room for 2 nights (and it was spectacular), but after we asked if there were any available upgrades the next day, Alex surprised us by upgrading us to their WOW Suite. Later that night after our dinner at Market (the restaurant in the W), the waiter brought over a gorgeous desert with "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate, courtesy of the hotel. Alex told us that the W Boston's objective is to create memorable stays for their customers, a great hotel business model that the W's set to accomplish. Let's be honest here; as I've read some other reviews, not all guests are going to have PERFECT experiences, but their strive for perfection makes the hotel worth staying at. I am certain that they are the type of company to not only rarely have mistakes, but to never repeat them.
Here are some other reasons why the W Boston is a great choice.
- The staff was extremely friendly and responsive to my needs. I requested a coffee maker and an extra mini-fridge and they were both in the room upon check-in.
- The lobby is beautifully done with the upscale feel. Drinks at the bar were very well made. During the stay I tried the ginger margarita, pineapple mohito, and the "Lil Sum Sum" martini; all are recommended.
- Pleasantly surprised by the gym. I figured it would be generic but W puts their extra special touch on it. Upscale machines with personal TVs, fresh apples and towels, boxing gloves & a heavy bag (never seen that before), etc.
- The WOW Suite was obviously breathtaking, but our first nights stay in the Spectacular room would have been more than fine for the second night. It was a large room with a beautiful view of the city. Large master bathroom and the TV/Desk setup was great. Even the non-Bed furnature was comfortable.
- An hour after we checked in, we got a call asking if we received everything in the room that we asked for; this was a nice touch.
- Location; its near everything you need in Boston. Take advantage of their courtesy transportation in a 2012 Acura MDX. Our first night we scheduled the service to drive us to Towne by the Prudential Center.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated and modern all glass hotel located within the heart of Boston's Theater District, W Boston offers guests close proximity to the city's most famous theaters, the Boston Common, Boston's Public Garden and numerous award-winning restaurants. With the city's only bliss spa, a see-and-be-seen fireplace lounge, 24-hour gym, and destination nightclub, W Boston exudes a 24/7 lifestyle. Guests have access to W's signature Whatever/Whenever(R) service promise providing them with whatever they want - from Green Monster seats at Fenway Park to a personal shopper for navigation around Boston's luxe Newbury Street - whenever they want it, as long as it's legal! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your W Boston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Boston Hotel Boston