“Horrible experience so far”
Review of W Boston

W Boston
Ranked #26 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Due to the fact that we got what they call a cool corner room (which you pay a premium for) I was informed that they allow other guest to stay after their check out time, so that's why we had to wait half an hour after the check-in time. That's a ridiculous and sad excuse. This is 4 star hotel I don't think so (Or maybe that's what's to be expected). We have previously stayed at the Langham and we should have stuck with what works. Buyer beware!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
GurkiSinghGM, General Manager at W Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello ocee1,

Thank you for sharing your personal experience. I am sorry to see that we did not meet your expectations.

As guest loyalty is important to us, our elite SPG Gold & Platinum members enjoy a late 4PM check out if desired. Combined with a limited Cool Corner Studio inventory, I regret that we were unable to offer an earlier check-in.

I remain available to you via email at GMGurkirat.Singh@whotels shall you wish to further the conversation.

General Manager / W Boston

Write a ReviewReviews (1,776)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I’ve travelled on business many times but never got such a warm welcome from a front desk as I got at the W. Taylor made sure I felt special and knew everything I needed to know about the hotel and surrounding area.
Good lounge area with a cool vibe, room was as expected

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GurkiSinghGM, General Manager at W Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

hello MikeP,

Thank you for sharing your post. It looks like that you fully embraced your W Boston experience and I will not miss the opportunity to send your gracious regards over to our bubbly Taylor, who made quite an impact on your stay I can tell.

We can't wait to have you returning to W Boston soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great spot and location to settle in for a day or 7 in Boston. Property is super clean and well staffed. Not a "scene"'like so many W hotels. But great amenities (gym, concierge, etc). Would definitely return here and recommend to friends and colleagues.

Hello LaurenOnDemand,

I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed our time over at W Boston. We are definitely looking forward to your return, on another business or personal trip.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

From the entry doors ‘manned’ 24/7 to the large spacious rooms, to attentive service what’s not like. The friendly staff follow up every day by texts. I had a light burn out in the bath room, I mentioned it at the desk by the time I came back the light was fixed and there was a hand written note letting me know it was fixed.

The room lay out is brilliant, literally in that the lighting and fixtures are modern and figuratively in that there are power strips, a charging tray, a Bose Bluetooth speaker, and a 60 inch LCD.

Room service is pricey but the food is excellent, better seasoned and cooked perfectly.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GurkiSinghGM, General Manager at W Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hello DrugDoc,

I am beyond satisfied to see that you had such a fantastic time over at W Boston. It is safe to say that we like to set ourselves apart from other brands with unique design touches, practical yet spacious rooms, and above all, our signature Whatever/Whenever promise that will take your experience to new heights.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in a near future.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

I loved my stay at this artistic and elegant hotel. All the staff were very polite, helpful, and attentive. Fabiola was a particularly outstanding staff member. I loved the modern artistic feel of my room!

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor with a free upgrade, and loved the view. Made me realize there is a great b...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GurkiSinghGM, Front Office Manager at W Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you U6630TZdeborahc for posting this gracious review and taking the time to recognize Fabiola's genuine service.

We loved having you here and can't wait for your next visit.

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Absolutely amazing hotel. I had one of the best hotel experiences with them. After a difficult trip that landed me last minute at the W, I was taken care of from the second I walked in the doors. The check in agent, Taylor, not only helped me immensely at check in, but followed up with me throughout my stay to assist. The hotel itself is gorgeous, modern, and clean. There are lots of amenities inside the restaurant, and also lots of things nearby within walking distance, including places to get food and pharmacies. I’ll be staying here every time I’m in Boston.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

Dear mshollyholiday,

I had tremendous pleasure and pride reading your review. I am thrilled to see that W Boston made quite an impact your trip, mainly due to our beloved and bubbly Taylor. I will not miss the opportunity to send your gracious regard over to her and to the entire team. Your post perfectly reflects our daily efforts to make every interaction, every stay meaningful and genuinely impactful.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in a near future.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

I had an exceptional experience, Pamela went above and beyond to exceed my expectations first gave me a complimentary upgrade to an incredible room and always anticipating anything that I could have needed during my stay!! Thanks Pam.

Room Tip: great location
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Thank you db0203 for sharing your amazing W Boston experience, mainly due to Pamela genuinely looking after all your needs. I am very grateful to have her in our team, setting a great example to follow.

We hope to see you returning to W Boston soon.