“Like slipping into your favourite comfy chair....”
Review of Montgomery Place

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Montgomery Place
Reviewed 21 November 2011

We had 2 days at Kathe's place in the cosy and warm primrose yellow room by the front door. A feeling of 'home' and security completed the picture. We felt good, especially with Kathe's warm welcome. Would recommend this place without hesitation. A great location to walk anywhere in Boston and take in the sights. We were there to visit with family and new grand-children - it was perfect.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Meryll W

Reviewed 30 October 2011

Stayed at Montgomery Place B&B for 3 nights starting October 17th. My wife and I are young couple and had never been to a B&B before. We were really surprised at the location of the brownstone. The subway was only 5 minutes north, and south to Fremont street there was tons of great restaurants. I recommend B&G oyster bar, great lobster roll and fried calamari.

The room size was great. King bed, big desk, mini fridge and private entrance to the street. The bathroom was very nice with your own bathrobes and a towel heater.

Overall 5 out 5. The mcKennas who own the place are very friendly and give you space. Breakfast was enjoyable, with fresh fruit, yogurt and coffee daily at whatever time you request.

The hotel prices in Boston are too high for me, so highly suggest staying here at a third of the cost.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank avery b
Reviewed 21 October 2011

We stayed 6 nights in the King Room, and had a great experience. It was clean, spacious, and had a good Wi-Fi connection. The host was very friendly, and provided a delicious breakfast each morning. The location is ideal. We'd stay again if we ever make it back :-)

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kerri2000
Reviewed 30 September 2011

The king room is spacious and charming, with lots of place to store clothes and toiletries. The breakfast is delicious - lots of fresh fruit, juice, muffin and wonderful coffee. The room is immaculate, the bed comfortable, and the location convenient to all Boston has to offer. The owner has thought of many ways to make your stay more comfortable, including a towel warmer, an air conditioner under your control, and many maps and guide books. We look forward to our next stay.

Room Tip: The king room is perfect for two people.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gail N
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I stayed here with my girlfriend for 3 nights in September.

The room itself was lovely - really nicely done up and much more homely than a hotel, very clean and provided us a great base before walking all over Boston.

The location is great, Back Bay is lovely area and it is really easy to walk to almost everywhere you could want to go in Boston (Freedom Trail and central Boston one way, the Prudential and on to Fenway Park the other).

Finally Kathe was great, really helpful and friendly when we asked her questions and left us alone when we didn't - perfect!

All in all I couldn't recommend this place enough if you are considering a stay in Boston!

Room Tip: We stayed in the room by the front door - this was fine as the road is very quiet and actually means...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FattyArbuckles
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I stayed 5 nights in the room # 2 / queen bed and private bahtroom en suite near the front door. Room was very cosy, clean, confortable and quiet. Minor drawback for the bathroom: I am a bit tall (1m92), and I found the sink rather small and not easy to use due to the cabinet just above it. Had all the needed things to have my breakfast in the kitchenette.
Room is very well located in a quiet and nice area and about only 5 min walk from the subway. Lots of restaurant in the area.
Thanks very much to Kathe for her help and her welcome. She was a very nice hostess. A place to recommend

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank FREDERIC S
Reviewed 5 July 2011

We had a lovely two nights @ Montgomery Place. The breakfasts were delightful - lots of fruit & even special attention to my gluten-free needs. Our daughter & granddaughter were in the room above us. It was very special for all of us to be on Montgomery Street where my Dad lived as a child (@ #40). The McKennas were super hosts, even found my diamond bracelet that I misplaced and are mailing it back to me!! John rode to the parking garage with me (where we left our car) and walked me back to the B&B. He also helped my handicapped husband down the steps when we first arrived. We had SO MUCH special attention. Thank you, Kathe, John and helper Terry!
Ann & Fred