“Excellent ”
Review of Menton

Menton
Reserve with OpenTable
Menton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 3,555 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Cross street: A Street
Description: Menton, Chef Barbara Lynch's Fort Point fine dining restaurant, is the final concept to complete her Fort Point trifecta and joins neighbors Sportello and Drink. Located in FP3, the AIA award-winning luxury condominium complex, Menton radiates an understated elegance and offers several beautiful spaces to dine including the 60-seat dining room, a 12-seat Chef's Table, and the 45-seat private dining room. The restaurant, a glamorous expression of fine dining, was designed by Cheryl and Jeffrey Katz of C&J Katz and features a subtle palette of grays with touches of silver and black. The cuisine of Menton displays the talent for precision and visual artistry across two seasonal tasting menus and a la carte selections for dinner daily, and a more casual a la carte menu for lunch Monday - Friday.
Reviewed February 8, 2018 via mobile

The food I must say is unforgettable. Everything we ate was flavorful. Staff are phenomenal. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

I took my wife and teenage kids to Menton for dinner. Having been to No. 9 Park and Stir, and having a well used copy of Barbara Lynch’s cookbook, also titled “Stir,” I had high expectations. It did not disappoint! I started with food grad terrine and pear (along with a glass of Sauternes!) that was spectacular! For my entree, I went with black bass accompanied by shrimp and mussel that was perfectly prepared and presented! My wife had a white truffle pasta with mushrooms followed by a pork dish that she loved.

One of our kids also went with pasta and white truffle. They both had entrecôte that got big thumbs up. Desserts (I went with three sorbets) were a perfect wrap up to the evening.

The service was efficient and friendly without being cloying. The sommelier has put together a terrific selection of wines by the glass. I am looking forward to returning to try the Chef’s Whim, which looked amazing.

Reviewed December 6, 2017

When the manager asked if she could take my coat, she also asked if I was from Boston or if I came from out of town. When I said I was from out of state, she asked if I was there for business or pleasure, just making small talk- and I mentioned that I'd flown in the day prior so I could have dinner at this specific restaurant. She was thrilled by this revelation and promptly took me on a tour of the dining room and kitchen! I was the first guest to arrive that evening and she gave me every bit of her attention. I must admit- I'm a fan of Barbara Lynch, so I could hardly contain myself upon entering the kitchen where I met Chef Lucas and his team. The kitchen was immaculate- sparkling clean, well lit, and gorgeous. The culinary brigade welcomed me and each one of them seemed proud to be standing there- as well they should.

I ordered the Chef's Whim menu, which consisted of 8 courses. I didn't get the wine pairings, but I did opt for the shaved white Alba truffle supplement for my pasta which was brought to me by the resident Sous Chef, Chris, who was perfectly friendly and very kind.

The service at this restaurant is truly five star. My water was never empty. When I asked the sommelier for a glass of red wine, he brought me his recommendation and it was delightful. The entire service team seemed excited to have me there, and they were more than willing to answer any and all of my questions, even going so far as to write down the company who manufactures one of their plates when I inquired.

The courses were small- as they should be in fine dining- and each one was thoughtfully put together and plated beautifully. The flavors married well, the textures were superb, and everything was seasoned perfectly! With every bite I took, I could feel the passion these cooks put in to what they do.

My descriptions will never do these dishes justice, so I won't go into too much detail, but the courses I had included:
Olive Crostini
Bay Scallop
Spanish Octopus
Seared Skate Wing
Tajarin with white truffle supplement
Foie Gras Terrine
Roasted Squab Breast
Venison
Apple Butter Sorbet with Poached Apples
Chestnut Roulade
Housemade Candies
Bonbons

I can't not mention the bread service!! I was presented with a housemade mini croissant coated with honey and served with butter made from a single cow named Babette. I was given a small dish of Maldon salt with which to top my bread and butter. It was sublime. When the bread tray returned, I took a mini baguette (perfectly shaped and with wonderfully crunchy crust!), as well as herbed focaccia (soaked in olive oil, and seasoned just right)!

I loved every bite of food I ate at Menton. I loved meeting the staff there, and I was thrilled by my experience as a whole.

The thing I wish more people would understand about fine dining restaurants is this:
When you go out to eat at a restaurant such as Menton, you're getting the highest quality ingredients prepared in such a way that each component will shine the brightest. Every bit of that food will be properly seasoned and cared for until it reaches your table. You are paying to have food prepared by some of the most skilled and passionate people in the industry. This means you're going to have to drop a few bucks. Personally, I don't have a problem spending a couple hundred dollars on a meal like this. Menton isn't a restaurant you visit because you're hungry and looking for sustenance; it's where you go for an experience. You've got to understand it to appreciate it for what it is.

2  Thank Samantha B
Reviewed December 3, 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed dinner at Menton and will definitely be back on a future Boston trip. This is a high class establishment with inevitably prices to match! We went for the a la carte rather than the 8 course set menu as we often find them to be too daunting but I must say that tables within our sight were doing rather well on the full experience so maybe next time! All very positive. Excellent staff. Beautifully prepared food - we both had different fish dishes for main and the cooking and the flavours of the sauces was just right. A beautiful mini croissant was the first bread item and perhaps the only comment I would make is that the rest of the bread didn’t quite match up - maybe if it had been warm? Lovely room. Well spaced tables. A lovely dinner and a memorable experience

Reviewed November 23, 2017 via mobile

Astounding elements and tastes that are combined to
grab your attention. Please give the plates your look see
and take a moment.
Lamb Tartare is a note able "Pre-Sale'" from Canada. A flash
from old world France. Two amazing pastas with Beef and
Quail came softly and warmly presented. Halibut with
Kale Cream and Caviar. Pears with Crepes.
Pol Roger Brut, Trimbach Riesling Reserve and house Pinot
Blanc by Qupe'. That is true choice of wines by the glass.
French lunch meant a walk and perhaps a nap at a time.
Now it means great food, great room and service. It means the
company of a great friend who just knows. French lunch is
available in many places in the world many not French.
Worth the trip.