“Luxurious dining experience”
Review of Menton

Menton
Reserve with OpenTable
Menton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 3,588 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Cross street: A Street
Description: Menton, Chef Barbara Lynch's Fort Point fine dining restaurant, is the final concept to complete her Fort Point trifecta and joins neighbors Sportello and Drink. Located in FP3, the AIA award-winning luxury condominium complex, Menton radiates an understated elegance and offers several beautiful spaces to dine including the 60-seat dining room, a 12-seat Chef's Table, and the 45-seat private dining room. The restaurant, a glamorous expression of fine dining, was designed by Cheryl and Jeffrey Katz of C&J Katz and features a subtle palette of grays with touches of silver and black. The cuisine of Menton displays the talent for precision and visual artistry across two seasonal tasting menus and a la carte selections for dinner daily, and a more casual a la carte menu for lunch Monday - Friday.
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was on my list of “must experience” and finally had the opportunity for my 10 yr. anniversary. I had high expectations and it didn’t disappoint. Definitely the most expensive meal, but when the waiter brought butter to the table and said this was from Menton’s own cow in Vermont, I started to understand why. The staff was extremely attentive, friendly, and knowledgeable about the food and wine. My wife and I don’t eat meat, but there were many pasta and fish options to choose from. The most underrated part of the meal was the warm, freshly cooked bread they served with each course.

The ravioli and Arctic char were some of the best dishes I’ve ever had. Portions were generous for French style high-end cuisine. For dessert, we ordered one option to share but they brought us a complimentary dessert because it was our anniversary. I would definitely go back, but because of the price, it would have to be for another special occasion. I highly recommend, especially if you’re visiting Boston and want to go out before or after in Fort Point.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Jonnylops

Reviewed August 31, 2018

Menton is a wonderful restaurant. I have gone there since they opened. They have changed the restaurant in that it is noisier. They took away the table clothes and the rugs, and walls made it more informal. That I feel people are noisier when they are not dressed up. The food is consistently very good. Quite innovative, service is impeccable . Nick the manager is friendly and keeps everyone on their toes. I would not miss this restaurant. They have valet which is a must everywhere.

1  Thank peach20
Reviewed August 27, 2018

I was told by a colleague that it was an amazing food experience. I was not the onlyo ne in our 8 person party who found the food underwhelming.
Oh well, they were very nice and it was an island of peace in a sea of tourists and noise! So that was nice

Reviewed August 18, 2018

For our first time here, my wife and I opted for the 8-course tasting menu (at $165 each). All the dishes were excellent, being well crafted and nicely presented, but two of them were so spectacular as to get special mention. (1) The veal sausage with assorted summer vegetables, some fresh and some pickled, was simply amazing! This colorful dish maxed out for eye appeal, artistry, flavors, textures, attention to fine details, and overall balance. Moreover, it was the essence of summer. No doubt a 100-pointer! (2) The fois gras creme brulee was insanely delicious! Perfect dessert creme flavored with fresh, pureed fois gras and topped with a nicely caramelized sugar disk. It was accompanied by some berries. Memorably tasty! A close third was the medium-rare lamb medallions with fresh figs. The chocolate dessert was good, but not a chocaholics' dream dish (and I am not so fond of mint ice cream; but that is just me; it was made well). Since my wife can't consume chocolate, she had a substitute dessert of roasted peaches with a perfect millefeuille, which was not only delicious, but nicely captured the essence of summer. The wine list was extensive, and we especially appreciated their deft offerings of growers' champagnes. The service was top level; very, very attentive and professional.

Reviewed August 13, 2018

Had not been in some time. The two of us had the chef's whim tasting. The service is excellent. The space is modern. Very knowledgable waitstaff. The food was fantastic; the restaurant is not stuffy. The wine pairing was also really good and fund to taste. A lovely evening cannot think how could be better. Highly recommended. Is it a lot of money; yes but worth it.