“Cool Vibe, Fantastic Food, Excellent Guacamole!”

Lolita Cocina & Tequila Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Lolita Cocina & Tequila Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #109 of 3,320 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Newbury & Dartmouth
Transit: Copley Square (Green Line)
Description: Serving playful, Mexican-inspired food & drink
Reviewed 5 April 2015 via mobile

While walking down Newbury Street shopping we came across this restaurant. We eloped at La Cocina in Sedona so it was only fitting we went here. The location was dark but awesome. The bartenders were amazing and poured a stiff drink and the Guac three ways (with bacon, crab, and hot sauce) was FABULOUS! I have a gluten allergy so they baked the chips for me. All around if in this part of town this is a great spot for drinks and appetizers, I can only imagine how great their main courses are. Come early or stay late, but be prepared to wait. It's well worth it. They get an A+

1  Thank Lisa-Marie M

Reviewed 22 March 2015

Don't expect a burrito with sauce smothered over it. But do expect modern, sophisticated but not pretentious or fussy food served with style. The drinks are also well priced and unique. If you want Mexican north of the Mason/Dixon line and you want to be too cool for school then this is a great option.

Reviewed 19 March 2015

Such an unique dining experience and awesome chic atmosphere! I wish I lived in Boston so I could go back all the time! It was that good!

Reviewed 14 March 2015

A complete indulgence of all of the senses. Stunning atmosphere, incredible food and amazing cocktails. It's a must do experience. Book ahead!

Reviewed 3 March 2015

Had drinks at the lounge/bar with m husband back in July and the margaritas were so good and the atmosphere so fun that we decided we had to try it for dinner. So we dined here with friends on a Wednesday night in February and it was still super crowded. Decorations are very funky, the music is pretty loud and the lighting is quite dim but honestly it all works. We started with a pitcher of the Lolita margaritas, which are very delicious, and we shared a guacamole trio, which was good but not great. The tortilla chips are very good, though, and the salsas are pretty good too, but the mango habanero sauce is the bst of them all. The menu is not traditional Mexican fare, and I do not mean what you might see on a Chilis menu, I mean true Mexican cuisine. But the selections are creative and fresh and we all shared each other's dishes so I can say that each of them were quite good. Our server was fabulous, totally on the ball, friendly, and most importantly our glasses and plates were always full. The prices are reasonable for Boston so that is another plus. I would dine here again.