All reviews boston public library copley square instant oatmeal finish line finishing line fresh bagels great location classical music playing continental breakfast boylston street stereo system small hotel boston marathon queen room bar lounge newbury st trinity church
A TripAdvisor Member
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Located across the street from the Boston Public Library, on Boylston Street, this boutique hotel is, in my opinion, the best value in the Copley Square area. It is small and trendy with an art deco ambiance in the lobby/bar area and in the rooms. The furnishings are contemporary, the room has surround sound in both the bedroom and the bathroom and the bed is really comfortable. The bathrooms are really pretty with slate tiles on the floor, walls and into the shower. The queen size rooms are very spacious but the double room is very tight, so choose the queen size room if it is available. The front desk staff are very friendly and gracious. I have stayed here three times in the past year and, for the money, it just can't be beat! You can stay a block away in a bigger, fancier hotel with restaurants and bars and shops and pay almost twice as much. If you aren't interested in paying a premium for those "amenities", then stay at the Charlesmark. You won't regret it!

Room Tip: Ask for the queen size room.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Great staff, great location, stylish and clean, good buy. Yes, the room was on the small side (but not the smallest Boston room we've stayed in), but the room was designed so well that every inch of space is used to the maximum. Our room was facing Boylston Street, so there was some street noise, but that's to be expected. Continental breakfast was included with the room and was decent. For the location and price, this hotel is a gem.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eatsbonbons
Reviewed May 21, 2011

With a spur of the moment change in hotel plans, we came across this hotel name & a phone number. We called and they were able to find us a room on a two day notice. Once we arrived we found the rooms were small but the next day they were able to accommodate us with a larger room. This small hotel was centrally located in downtown Boston and the staff were very helpful. There were no frills but the personal attentiveness to our needs far outweighed the the feeling of a "big box" hotel. I also thought the prices were very reasonable.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the few 'larger' rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jazismine
Reviewed May 2, 2011

I came in town for a wedding in August 2010. I had never heard of the Charlesmark Hotel, so I took a chance..
WOW was I surprised to find such a jewel!! The staff could not be any nicer, I asked a lot of questions and evey person that I spoke to was well informed of the Boston area and said it with a smile. The locationis in the heart of Boston, you can walk everywhere including the wedding I went to.

You are also right next to evey bar, resturannt and shopping you need!

My first night there, I was a little tired and went down stairs to the lounge, the bartender made me feel safe and welcomed! Greta menu, just waht I needed on my first night!

I will stay here every visit to Boston, which is a lot!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank AnnieMC1988
Reviewed April 30, 2011

Unless you absolutely must have a megahotel with lots of uniformed staff and impersonal food, this is likely a place you will treasure. It's a mini-W, to be sure, and a classy personality. Linens and so forth are all first-rate. You simply will not find a better location for twice the price, and you'll lack for nothing, including free wifi. The Boston transit is across the street, it's a couple blocks to the Hynes center. DeLuca's sandwiches are just a couple blocks away!

Room Tip: Be nice to the staff, they deserve it.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business