1,001 results
All reviews boston public library copley square instant oatmeal finish line fresh bagels great location classical music playing continental breakfast boylston street stereo system small hotel boston marathon queen room bar lounge newbury st bay closet
Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

I was placed in a room that should never have been made into a guest room. I don’t mind that it’s small but it’s “downstairs” in an interior location with one window that looks into a hallway. The mattress is super hard and the lighting is awful. Most nauseating is the fact that the room smells like sewage. I seriously felt like I was in a dungeon. I would have left but Boston was completely sold out of rooms. Don’t stay here!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Jeff K, Director of Sales at Charlesmark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

I am very sorry you had an undesirable experience during your visit to Boston. We pride ourselves on our guest experience so we would want to make sure that this is taken care of. Please reach me directly and let's discuss having you back to the hotel to show that this was an abnormal situation that has been corrected. We have rooms that have internal facing windows and many guests prefer them as they are much quieter than most city view options in the city due to the noises of sirens, traffic, and frequent activity. We will be sure to update your profile to indicate your view preference moving forward so you can get the experience you seek.

Reviewed February 8, 2018

inclusion of breakfast was a nice feature. Rooms were adequate - not luxurious. Our room was on the back side away from trafic etc. so little if any street noise. Bed was comfortable and linens clean.

Room Tip: there are no "view rooms". Just stay on the back side for peace and quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank leighro

Thanks for taking the time to respond! We love hearing from our guests and appreciate your review!

We would be honored to welcome you back to the Charlesmark Hotel very soon. Please reach out to us directly for the best available rate at 617-247-1212 or info@charlesmarkhotel.com. We will be sure to show you how we specialize in our repeat customer experience to create a guest for life! Our goal is to reach 5 stars the next time around.

Reviewed February 6, 2018 via mobile

Wonderful experience. Wonderful, modern room. Included in breakfast was fresh bagels and nice assortment of fruit. Coffee was very good. Nice bar in lobby. Staff great. Great area. Near great restaurants and shopping.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Thanks for taking the time to respond! We love hearing from our guests and appreciate your 5-star review!

Reviewed November 23, 2017

I stayed at the Charlesmark for 5 nights while attending a conference. I booked there because it was a little cheaper than the rates the conference organizers got from the big hotels, and breakfast was included.
So first of all, the location is excellent! Across the street from the airport express bus, near various T stations, and very close to the convention center, with lots of shopping in the area. Also, the staff were very helpful and friendly, both by email before I arrived and when I was there. The room and the bed were clean and comfortable. There were a fridge, a safe, and an iron in the room. The "lobby" turns into a pub in the evening which was sometimes quite full, but I didn't hear the noise from my room.
On the other hand, the room was small. There was no desk, which was a pain when I had to work. Wi-fi was good, but I had to sign in almost every time I re-entered the hotel. There is no coffee maker or kettle in the room, but there is 24-hour complimentary coffee as well as hot water in the lobby, which is a bit of a pain, but better than nothing. And finally, breakfast, as stated on the hotel website, is not luxurious, but does the trick if you want a good start to the day. Even so, some fresh vegetables or cold cereals would have been nice.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Yigal L

Thanks for taking the time to respond! We love hearing from our guests and appreciate your 4-star review!

Reviewed November 10, 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for almost a week while attending a conference at the end of October / beginning of November.

Despite my concerns from previous reviewers re room size, I was pleasantly surprised by the rooms. The first night the room was super dingy with no natural light, however it was large and well equipped. I was moved to a room at the front of the hotel on the 6th floor for the remainder of the week, and this was much nicer if smaller.

My main and big disappointment was with the staffs attitude...

When I arrived, I handed in a bag of laundry which included jeans, shirt and a Marino wool sweater. When I collected later in the day, the jeans and shirt were greasy with fabric softener, almost like they hadn’t been rinsed, and the jumper was two sizes smaller having been machine dried and shrunk! I complained to the staff and she apologised and said she would discuss with the manager. Three days later after hearing nothing, I asked if there was news... the reply was.... yes, we wash and dry, not our fault. I asked why they didn’t follow the label instructions, and was told they just wash and dry everything and it was tough luck, they will let me off the charge!

My issue is that I had to chase them, I got No apology, no offer the replace the item and just got a ‘we don’t care’ attitude from the staff who seemed to suggest it was my own fault!

It was a £60 jumper, not a big deal, but it definitely spoilt my view, and I won’t stay hear again on the back’ of it.

WARNING, don’t have them do your laundry and don’t expect a good service if things go wrong!

Oh and the bar makes you pay, you can’t charge anything t9 your room!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

We would be honored to welcome you back to the Charlesmark Hotel very soon. Please reach out to us directly for the best available rate at 617-247-1212 or info@charlesmarkhotel.com. We will be sure to show you how we specialize in our repeat customer experience to create a guest for life! Our goal will be to show you a 5-star stay the next time around.