“Encore, Encore” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 39 Boston B&B and Inns
Bowie, Maryland
“Encore, Encore”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

My partner and I stayed at the Encore B&B this past weekend to celebrate her 36th birthday. We stayed in the Albee room which was trendy, well appointed, & clean, it also had a balcony which added to the charm of the location. Reinhold was a pleasure and he bent over backwards to assure that our stay was a pleasant one. The breakfast was lovely, he gets whatever you order and it is delicious. The location of the B&B was perfect in easy walking distance to lots of fine dining and attractions. I would reccommend Encore to anyone traveling to Boston....it was a welcome change to the normal cookie cutter hotels. We will definitely be returning soon!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Albee which was the most expensive for good reason...the balcony that overlooks the...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
reinholdamBoston, Owner at Encore Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 20 November 2011
Sorry, it took me so long to respond to your great post. I am more then sorry if I overlooked that it actually was your partner's 36th birthday, but I was researching our correspondence and couldn't find any indication of it. Happy belated Birthday to your partner. I am happy you enjoyed your choice for a get-away!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

Loved our stay. Easy pleasant walking distance to the sights. In a beautiful street.

• Stayed November 2011
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

My sister and I travelled to Boston for a seven night stay all the way from the UK and we couldn't have found a nicer retreat to rest our jet-lagged heads!

Reinhold (the Inn Keeper) made us feel extremely welcome and was very accommodating.

We stayed in two rooms over our stay - the Sondheim (for 5 nights) and the Albee (for 2 nights). Both were very clean, comfortable and spacious and the Albee had the added bonus of a balcony with a view of West Newton Street and beyond.

For breakfast we were offered a range of fresh baked treats from the local bakery and they were delicious. Also on offer were granola, yoghurt and fresh fruit (which we had every day so it must have have been pretty good) as well as a more continental style breakfast if preferred or in addition to the former (boiled egg, ham and cheeses).

The Encore itself was a 10 minute walk (or less - just two blocks) from the Prudential Tower and shops. There are also a number of eateries and smaller boutique shops on Tremont Street (literally around the corner).

I think if we returned to Boston (and it's likely) we will definitely try and book again.

Also, did we mention how friendly it was? Well, it's super friendly and without being intrusive and invasive of one's personal space.

Coffee in the morning is a winner to get you started on a day of sight seeing or a relaxing stroll down leafy West Newton Street. Oh, and fresh flowers in the rooms!

We miss it already!

Room Tip: There are no tea and coffee facilities in the rooms themselves but I think there is a kitchenette yo...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Coventry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

We were attending a near by conference where the hotel prices were much higher. The Encore is an easy walk to anything you need. Reinhold was a fine host; the breakfast and coffee were high quality; and the rooms spacious, quiet, and clean. The only warning that I have is that the parking (very reasonable at $15/night) is not made for a large car...my Camry JUST fit.

Room Tip: some rooms do/don't have a desk if you need to work
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

I spent a week in Boston recently and was delighted to find 'Encore'. The room was comfortable and spacious, with a private bathroom. It was immaculately clean, tastefully decorated and reasonably priced. Reinhold was a superb host - helpful in every respect - with a fine, dry sense of humour to boot. The B and B was conveniently located - a short stroll from Back Bay Station and the restaurants and bars on Tremont Street which were easily accessible. I would be delighted to stay once more should the opportunity to travel to Boston arise again in the future.

Room Tip: I stayed in the front room, a floor above street level. The room had plenty of natural light and the...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
MADRID
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

We have just stayed at the Encore B&B, and we loved everything: the house which is very typical and Bostonian, the location: cute, full of boutiques, restaurants and near a luxury mall, the decoration, the service, our room: very spacious, practical, and all the details around such as the amenities (Aveda products...my favorite!).
You really feel like at home, the service is excellent (Reinhold is very helpful and welcoming) and the environment very quiet. You can visit everything walking from the house.
Definitely a great location and an excellent address to recommend.
If we come back to Boston, we will come back.

Room Tip: Albee room is fantastic, charming and very spacious.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

I recently stayed at the Encore while attending a conference at a Copley Plaza hotel, that I thought was too expensive. I had a wonderful experience at the Encore. It is located close to where i needed to go, on a charming street. Reinhold was very welcoming and I loved the modern decor of the room. Everything was spotless. The best thing was definitely the wonderful breakfast with the best rolls I have had in a long time. I had a most pleasant stay and will most definitely recommend it to friends.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business