“1st trip to Fenway w/the kids”
Review of Hotel Commonwealth

Hotel Commonwealth
Ranked #8 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Norwalk, Connecticut
“1st trip to Fenway w/the kids”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This was my kids 1st trip up to Fenway Park so I wanted it to be kind of special for them. Well it even exceeded my expectations.. We got there about an hour early before check-in and was hoping to get in a little rest before the game. We were greeted by Erica at the front desk and she told us a room was ready on the top floor and that it even over-looked Fenway!! The kids loved it. After a little while in the room, there was a knock at the door, the maintenance people brought up two chairs from Fenway Park which I thought was pretty cool. This went above and beyond any place that I had ever stayed at before. We went to the game, ( an 18-3 trouncing by the Texas Rangers). When we got back to the room I was pleasantly suprised to find out that room service was still available even after 11:00pm!! Beds were great, very comfortable. Everything was great, but the service was superb. Thanks again for the seats Erica!! my kids won't forget their 1st trip to Boston/Fenway.

Room Tip: Top floor facing the park.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,027)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Western Australia
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at Hotel Commonwealth. Our room was gorgeous and comfortable, the staff were welcoming and consistently friendly and helpful. Great location with subway entrance almost next door, trolley tour stop nearby, easy walk to many areas of interest (eg Fenway Park, Boston public library etc and good bars and restaurants nearby (and the two on the premises were great). We would recommend this hotel without reservation.
Also, Boston itself was beautiful: trees were blossoming and bulbs blooming along the streets (early April).
Finally, we travelled from Australia to watch the Celtics play and they won in overtime so a great trip overall.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Barbara G
Fort Wayne, IN
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We recently stayed at the Commonwealth for the Fenway 100 year celebration. My dad is one of the alumni for the Red Sox. The manager, Jeff, and all of the staff could not have been more gracious and helpful. My dad uses a walker and they were there for any assistance he needed with luggage, the room, at the restaurant, getting in and out of transportation going to the stadium and the airport, absolutely awesome service!! My kids also came and with that came a 3 yr. old and a 6 wk. old. Everything was there just like we asked, crib for the baby, refrigerator for baby necessities, did not have to ask twice. Thank you so much for making our stay so enjoyable!!

Room Tip: Very short walk to Fenway, the stadium was the view from our room!!
White Plains
Reviewed 23 April 2012

If you are going to a game at Fenway, or simply want an excellent hotel in a great neighborhood, and next to the T, this is the hotel to choose.

But, if you are a fan of Fenway, this is the Only hotel to choose. Make sure to get a window facing the park.

Cranston RI
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I cant describe how pleased I was with the service, the room and the whole atmosphere of the area! Easily the best Hotel I have ever stayed at in my life!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Rye Beach, New Hampshire
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful weekend at the Commonwealth Hotel. Nestled in the heart of Kenmore Square it's just a few blocks from Fenway Park, but it's the friendly staff more than the location that makes this hotel so special.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Litchfield Co CT
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I love this hotel, its the only place I will stay when in Boston, friendly staff, the rooms are gorgeous and have all the convinces I need while away from home. all this and a block away from Fenway park what more could you ask for, I was surprised when they knew my name when i checked in, now that's service.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business