1,568 results
All reviews td garden ruby room the north end portland street faneuil hall quincy market wine hour celtics game boston garden yoga mat the penthouse wine reception complimentary wine walking distance rooms are small government center mini bar
Reviewed October 1, 2015

I am conflicted by these boutique hotels. This one was well priced, in a great location coming from the airport (meaning it's a short trip into the city without a lot of headache). Walking distance to Boston's North End and all the great dining there. But the rooms are so small and every flat surface has stuff on it. I have to collect the stuff (glasses/silly pillow with a slogan, etc), find a corner to plop it in order to open my suitcase. The office chair in the room (the only chair) stuck into the very limited walking space, a real tripping hazard. I moved to the only space available, in front of the door. What a mess if I needed an emergency exit! The closet was too small to be functional. Did that tiny room really need a 40+" TV?

It was quiet during our stay, but front desk did say it's much different on weekends.

If I had this trip to do over again, I'd have cabbed to this hotel and rented my car the next day (we were touring New England). Parking rates here were outrageous.

Tip: A very nice restaurant is less than a half mile walk: Grotto. While we didn't eat here this trip, we did last year, and it's excellent. Make reservations, it's tiny.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Jessica L, General Manager at Kimpton Onyx Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2015

PlumeriaD

Thank you for the review! Glad to hear you enjoyed our great location. We appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed October 1, 2015

This is a small boutique hotel, been here for 4 days of conference meetings, rooms are nicely deco, beds are comfy, amenities are great, service is good, breakfast is good, location is pretty good, walking distance to all main attractions in downtwon, It will be better if less pricey.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business

Ellen C,

Thank you for the review! We hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed September 30, 2015

This hotel is within walking distance to the TD Garden if you are in town for an event and it is also very close to the North End! The rooms are very nice and modern.. Overall had a great stay. They also offered a cocktail happy hour in the lobby which was nice way to meet new people.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple

MG3030,

Thank you for the review! We are so glad that you enjoyed our great location and wine reception. We appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed September 29, 2015

We had a very nice stay Saturday night. The rate was expensive because there was a concert at the TD Garden around the corner. The decor and design is great - playful and smart, although the room size is on the small end. Our biggest frustration with space came in the bathroom, where there isn’t enough shelf space. But there was an excellent magnifying mirror, which I always appreciate!
The hotel has two bicycles to borrow, which is a great option since the location is a bit away from most destinations. As noted by others, the valet can take awhile to fetch the car, so call ahead when possible. We enjoyed the complimentary wine upon arrival.
Note that the windows don’t open at all in the guest rooms.
The staff we encountered were all excellent in their attitudes and training. We ate in the lobby “restaurant” although it’s tiny, and a bit crowded. More of a bar and lounge than a proper restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple

5Continents3toGo,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed our decor and design as well as our bicycle program! Thank you for the review and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 22, 2015 via mobile

I decided to stay at hotel Onyx due to the popularity of the Kimpton Brand. I had never stayed with a Kimpton Hotel before and I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms are small but very comfortable and unique. I liked the idea of having pumps in the shower to dispense shampoo, conditioner and soap rather than having to ask to be replenished. The onyx is in a good location 5 minutes to the north end 20 min walk to downtown quicker if you take taxi or subway. The only issue I faced was I ordered a IRD order after midnight and after about 45 min I called down looking for it. There was some sort of miscommunication but it was delivered right away being in the industry I understand how these things happen. I would recommend this hotel to anybody here on business or leisure travel I know I will be back.

Stayed: September 2015

Traveler02111,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed our comfortable rooms, great location and bathroom amenities. We hope to see you again!