“Early dinner ”
Review of 75 Chestnut

75 Chestnut
Reserve with OpenTable
75 Chestnut is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 3,588 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Beacon Hill
Reviewed July 9, 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed a very nice dinner with my daughter. The warm bread and whipped butter was a perfect start to a great dining experience. We had the seafood stew and seafood raviolis. Both meals were so fresh and tasty. The chocolate molten cake with fresh whipped cream and vanilla ice cream was outstanding! Our waiter was very friendly and efficient. The atmosphere was cozy and welcoming. We're already looking forward to our next visit!

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed June 20, 2017

75 Chestnut is on the guide books as a gem of Beacon Hill: the area is of course beautiful, and the restaurant is lovely, but perhaps a bit disappointing. It is small, crowded, clearly a lot of locals (always a good sign). It was a hot Sunday lunchtime, all I found was a stool in the bar area, but enjoyed my meal. My lobster omelette was a great omelette, but it contained perhaps 3 milligrams of lobster - detectable because it was more chewy than the egg, not because of the taste. Having said that, I will give it another try next time I am in Boston.

Reviewed June 18, 2017

75 Chestnut advertises itself as a local restaurant and it seems to have a regular clientele which is a good sign. It has a limited menu but varied enough to please most. My husband had their fish and chips and decided it was the best he had outside of England, perfectly cooked fish and none of it greasy. Very nicely done. My salmon was well prepared and had nice mélange of lima beans, peas and other beans. Service was amiable. However due to t he closeness of the tables it was difficult at times not to overhear conversations. Just an observation. We had a small problem as we leaving. My husband's camera bag had been sitting in a puddle of water under the table. He only became aware of this when he picked the bag up to find it wet. Nothing was damaged but the manager was concerned and assured us they would compensate us if necessary, which it wasn't.

Reviewed June 18, 2017

This restaurant appears in the tourist maps as an out of the way gem, however it's really not that good. My wife is gluten free and whilst they made the right noises just removing the problem ingredient and leaving fairly dry chicken isn't ideal.

Reviewed June 10, 2017

We went here for a family brunch when visiting in Boston. This chic area is notorious for lack of parking and this Sunday was no exception, but we got luck and found a street spot 2 blocks away on Charles St!

This very comfortable, warm and friendly restaurant is nestled into a residential side street. You would not find this unless you were looking for it and I'm glad we were.

The waitstaff was friendly, accommodating and patient with us as we waited on a member of our party who wasn't as lucky as we were in finding parking. The coffee, tea and complimentary pecan rolls were well attended to as we waited.

The food was fresh, cooked to order perfectly and served promptly. Nothing was left to chance at this neighborhood go-to establishment.

The lobster for the benedict was prepared exceptionally. Not overdone chewy as is the mistake at so many restaurants.

Make reservations in advance or you'll be waiting a long time to get a seat at this popular establishment.

Net-Net: We'd be back for sure!

Date of visit: June 2017

Been to 75 Chestnut? Share your experiences!