“Great Food and Atmosphere....and Drinks”
Review of Masa

Masa
Reserve with OpenTable
Masa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #272 of 3,585 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mexican, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: South End
Cross street: Arlington and Berkeley
Transit: Arlington T stop green line, or Back Bay station on the Orange Line
Description: Masa Restaurant & Tequila Bar is an original trailblazer in the South End's "Restaurant Row,” one of the hottest dining destinations in Boston. The alluring space has been part of many wonderful memories since 1998. The copper bar at Masa is a local landmark, stocked with one of Boston's premium tequila and mezcal collections, complemented by award-winning margaritas, a carefully curated beverage program and its pioneering tapas menu.
Reviewed May 22, 2018

My partner, his brother (visiting from Portland, ME) and I stopped here for breakfast. Loved this place. Always seems to be happening. We made reservations - which I strongly recommend. Got there early and sat at the bar for a drink. We quickly got our table, a booth, which is nice. Two of us had the Southwest Cobb Salad (Chipotle Herb Grilled Chicken, Avocado, Chorizo,Hard Boiled Egg, Mexican Farmer’s Cheese, Mixed Spring Greens, and opted for lighter salad dressing. The other enjoyed the Jalisco Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Mango Butter and Vermont Maple Syrup. Great Margaritas as well.

Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

Ok. I never take the time to write reviews but I had to share our experience with you all. I read the reviews about the brunch and thank goodness it didn’t stop me from going because this restaurant was fantastic!!! The food was delicious, but what really stood out was the amazing service. Our waiter was so friendly, knowledgeable and went above and beyond to accommodate my annoying lactose intolerance and fussy drink palate. I will forever remember the great time we had at Masa in Boston.

Reviewed March 6, 2018

This restaurant was nice an quite easy for conversation. The service was very attentive and the food was excellent.! I would go back here again and I would recommend. Be sure to ask server for tapas menu as they usually only have it in bar, but it is great for starters at the table as well.

Reviewed January 25, 2018 via mobile

Chose this place because of its somewhat eclectic menu and we were not disappointed! The service was a little slow but only because they were understaffed. Antonio was a fantastic waiter and did his best to make our visit enjoyable. The food was delicious and the presentation was excellent! I would definitely come back and highly recommend it! Unfortunately I only thought to take the one picture of my meal and didn’t get one of our appetizers.

Reviewed November 2, 2017

Went to Masa for brunch at noon on Sunday. No wait but my friend and I decided to sit at the bar. Excellent atmosphere, food and service. I ordered the Huevos Rancheros with poached eggs, a beer and margarita. Total came to $40.

Been to Masa? Share your experiences!