“Best Corned Beef Hash”

Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighbourhood: South End
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for brunch and had the emergency room and corned beef hash and eggs. Both were great - corned beef hash was amazing!
The portions are enormous so consider sharing plates if you're not starving.
Service was perfect. Super friendly and warm.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

Had breakfast with the family. Superb from start to finish. I had a Premier Omelet with corned beef and swiss cheese. Very nice, lean corned beef, lots of home fries and "fresh as can be" toast. Fantastic service from our waitress, Victoria. Can't wait to go back for more...another great find!

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Great corn beef hash with eggs and good tea but only choose the grits if you know what they are!
Really nice typical American style diner - would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Please come prepared with cash, as this is a "cash only" establishment, or as I have heard tell, this place is part of the "Cashonly family".
We came late morning before the lunch crowd arrived, the place was very busy.
The service was great.
We had the turkey hash and a Greek omelet, both very good. they were actually "UGE".
We also enjoyed their homemade strawberry jam.
I met Jay a long time ago when he owned The Victoria Diner in Roxbury, he runs a great business.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

I went to the old Charlie's diner on Columbus for years. I was sad when it closed as it was one of those neighborhood places where you knew everyone.
It was tough finding a replacement but Mike's is that for me now.
The food is outstanding and the portions are huge. The corned beef hash tastes meaty and has big chunks of corned beef. The turkey hash is as good as the old Charlies. The omeletes are very tasty especially the greek and spanish.
When I am in a hurry I get a sausage, egg, and cheese breakfast sandwich on a bagel.
2 freshly cooked eggs with savory link sausage and cheese melting over everything. It's outstanding.
I have gotten to know some of the waitstaff such as Samantha and Hannah and they give you the feeling of neighborhood that the old Charlies crew did.

Been to Mike's City Diner? Share your experiences!