“Basic, good tapas”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Brighton
Description: Romantic & charming spot for tapas, traditional Spanish entrees, sangria & flamenco shows.
Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

Tasca is a comfortable, sound tapas restaurant. Not catering to the upwardly mobile hipster, it serves good small plates. We had the usuals: patatas bravas, tomato bread, croquettes, shrimp, olives, and chicken skewers. All were flavorful. Go here for easy-going food and sangria.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

This is one of the worst restaurant experiences I have ever had. We booked a birthday dinner celebration on the basis of "4 stars" from a rival review app. The seafood paella was almost inedible with the rice suffused with a cacophony of clashing flavors. The tapas dishes were generally over cooked and unpalatable. We knew there was a problem when this "4 star" restaurant was virtually empty at 7 pm on a pre-holiday evening. However, we failed to vote with our feet at the time. Don't make the same mistake.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

I was visiting a family member in the Brighton area, so we wanted to get dinner before heading to downtown Boston. I wanted something different, so we decided on Tasca Tapas. I was not familiar with a tapas restaurant, but after this visit, I will definitely have to go back and try all the other menu items. We split 4 different dishes and was quite impressed with all of them. The food was very flavorful and the atmosphere was wonderful. I’d definitely like to come back.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 19, 2018

A local tapas restaurant with a Spanish kitsch interior, moderately busy and child-friendly, with an extensive menu featuring all the usual generic tapas dishes quite moderately priced and a good wine list, including Albarino at $30. Service was friendly, but forgetful at times, and we waited a long time for the quail to be produced. The decor, featuring gloomy pictures and other Spanish relics (bullfighters, galleons, etc) could do with a serious makeover to make it more contemporary.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

Tasca was a favorite restaurant that my mom and I would visit regularly, the service was great, the atmosphere was good, and the food was amazing. But when we visited recently we were disappointed to find out that the restaurant changed managements. The food now PALES in comparison to what it used to be. The prices are higher and the staff is less attentive. We ordered the gambas al ajillo which used to come with 10+ pieces of shrimp and cost less than the 4 pieces we got tonight. The setas al ajillo used to come with garlic bread and mushrooms in a silky cream sauce and tonight it was just an over salty pile of plain mushrooms that were inedible. Even the little things like the free bread and spread were disappointing.
And to top it all off the head chef sat in the dining room all night drinking wine at a table instead of being in the kitchen!! I used to call this place my favorite restaurant and now I won’t recommend it to anyone and I won’t return.
I hope the management reads this because people are DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!!!!!

Date of visit: May 2018