“Mofongo is Incredible!”

Vejigantes Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Vejigantes Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #776 of 3,585 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: South End
Reviewed July 24, 2016

My daughter lives in Boston and took me to Vejigantes. It was incredible. We had a fantastic meal. The portions were huge so we had an appetizer and split the mofongo. When I returned to California I had to make some of the Puerto Rican hot sauce for myself.

If you are in Boston go!

Reviewed June 28, 2016

Try the mofongo! You won't be disappointed. Much of the rest of the menu is good, but nothing you're going to remember. The mofongo, however, is some of the best I've had. The drinks are too sweet (though that's moderately authentic to the cuisine!) and the service is well attempted (sometimes, when it's busy, it might get a little slow... but the staff are hustling!) They've always been very accommodating!

Reviewed June 9, 2016 via mobile

A complete disaster of a mofongo, nothing original, a shame, sweet is a no, no, for great Mofongo "oriental de Cuba" in JP

Reviewed May 16, 2016

This my second time dining at this nice restaurant. The atmosphere is great, busy lively, vibrant, colorful. There's a little area out front to dine outdoors. I'm looking forward to doing that this summer. The food is plentiful and tastey(the fried yucca is fantastic).
Best part...??? VALET PARKING!!! That is a HUGE thing in this part of Boston.
My Puerto Rican fiancé says it's like he is back home at his mom's kitchen table.
There's no better endorsement than that!!

Reviewed May 10, 2016

I went because a friend recommended to me. Wine is inexpensive, the have sangria. The service is great ,the food is good, is not like the food in Puerto Rico but is the closest you can get in Boston, they are better in NY, like the Bronx, but for Boston is fine. Prices are reasonable.