“Terrific Irish Pub at Very Reasonable Prices”

Mr. Dooley's Boston Tavern
Ranked #117 of 3,453 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Deli, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed July 9, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in a hotel across the street from this pub for three nights this week and kept going back to eat and drink here. We had beer cheese and pretzel bits, baked haddock, a breakfast burger, meatloaf sandwich, and Sausage bites (not all in one meal). All of the food was great, the servers and bartenders were very friendly and accommodating, and the prices were about a third of the restaurant attached to our hotel. Last night, they had a live band playing Irish music and the atmosphere in this rather small space was loud and fun. We had a blast! Thanks, Mr. Dooley!

Reviewed July 4, 2017 via mobile

I had the steak tips and they were very tender. The Irish whiskey sauce was awesome. Boyfriend had the sampler and he enjoyed his meal as well. Soda was a bit watered down but I probably shouldn't be drinking soda at a pub. I would eat there again!

Reviewed June 29, 2017

After checking into our hotel after a transatlantic flight we ventured out to find Mr Dooley's. The pub was busy but we found a table for 4 and the atmosphere humming with a trio playing Irish music and song. Our hostess was friendly and informative and we all started with Sam Adams beers and cups of Clam Chowder $5 per cup. I had the Old Fashioned Reuben Sandwich $10 and it was plentiful and excellent. The Club Sandwich was also $10 and the Fish Sandwich was $11. Someone on another table had the Irish Sampler of Guinness Stew, Shepherd's Pie and Cottage Pie for $13 They also said the food was excellent but samples were quite large. We returned the next day for Sunday breakfast which was tasty and recommended.

Reviewed June 23, 2017

Mr. Dooley's Boston Tavern serves delicious, traditional Irish food with great service and a live band. We had a great time and everyone loved there dinner.

Reviewed June 19, 2017

I have always thought Dooley's served up the best pint of Guinness in town. I recently put it to the test. Just returned from a trip to Ireland and the requisite tour of the Guinness factory. Upon my return, had my first Guinness in the States at Dooley's. Measured up just fine. So do yourself a favor and have Terry pour you a creamy one and enjoy!