New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersBronze level
Laredo, Texas
“Excellent convention hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Excellent connection to the convention center. The staff was mostly very friendly and were particularly kind and sweet with my three year old. The lobby bar is the ONLY bar that you can take alcoholic drinks out of and to your room. This hotel is about 4 blocks from several excellent restaurants including the "must visit" Legal Seafood restaurant.

Room Tip: Leave a tip and note for the maid service and they will deliver what you request.
1 Thank pistolache
ExecutiveAssistant32, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We look forward to hosting you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (494)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I was ready to give this hotel a negative review - they overbooked rooms with two beds and were going to put my husband, my best friend, and myself in a king bed room, with no cot, and no extra pillows, which was just NOT going to work. The clerk who helped me originally at the check-in, Joe Boikess, was very nice, but the clerk who really got the job done was Jason Rippberger. He was gratious and went above and beyond to figure out a way to fix the situation for my guests and me. In the end, we were upgraded to a suite and enjoyed the rest of our stay. It was still an unfortunate situation that they ran out of pillows, but there was a convention going on, so it's to be expected.

The location is pretty easily accessible, the views are nice, and the rooms are fairly average.

Thanks, Jason! And thanks, Joe. Y'all are swell.

Room Tip: Ask for city view! Or if you like to watch planes take off and land, there's a view of Logan Air...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ExecutiveAssistant32, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Thank you for the kind comments you had for our property and for mentioning Joe Boikess and Jason Rippberger from our Front Office. I will share your comments with their immediate Manager so that they receive proper recognition. We truly believe teamwork is the key to our success and it's great to have both Joe and Jason on our team. We hope you will consider staying with us on your next trip to Boston.
Arlington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Our stay in Boston was awesome and this hotel was the icing on the cake. We spent 4 nights here. Although this hotel is not exactly on the water, you can see the beautiful view of the harbor from your window. The first thing you notice when you walk in is the aroma of the hotel, it's delish. I wish I could bottle it up and take it home. Check in was quick and accurate. Room service was prompt and accurate. The room was spacious and very clean. We had no problems whatsoever. The drawback to this hotel as for many in the area, parking is outrageous $40+/night. One would think, as a guest you would get a discount. If it all possible take public transportation, its very fast and easy to understand.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank mlatrice
Thank you for choosing The Westin Boston Waterfront as your hotel of choice whil in Boston and for posting a wonderful review. We look forward to hosting you in the future.
Chester, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed here for two nights during a business trip. I had issues with the room - noisy air conditioning that was reported and supposedly fixed, but was never actually fixed. Also, I booked a traditional room, but was upgraded to deluxe because I'm at the Platinum level. I found the upgraded room to be rather small. That made me wonder about the size of the traditional room.

I didn't sleep the two nights that I was at the hotel because of the air conditioning, but I reported the issue upon checkout and would expect management to fix that. Therefore, overall, the stay was okay, but based on my experience not on par with other Westins.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ExecutiveAssistant32, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I'm terribly sorry that your stay was not enjoyable due to the malfunctioning air conditioner in your guest room. I have shared your comments with our Engineering Department to see if perhaps that particular air conditioner should be replaced. I hope this will not deter you from staying with us in the future. It would be our pleasure to ensure a more enjoyable experience for your next visit.
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Despite 4 separate cals and requests, the ability to get turn down service...non existent.
Internet connection slow...maybe with the intent to get you to "upgrade."
The Hotel is a bit sterile. Registration was awkward..."you asked for this and we confirmed but we don't have a king...will you tak two doubles?"
The major plus is connection with the convention center.

1 Thank okcolb
dc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel last weekend. The check in was quick and efficient. Our room on the on the 12th floor. It was like any other 4 star hotel and the view was OK. The staff was friendly and helpful but concierge desk was often unmanned. I would rate the gym as average. The bar was lively with good choice of beer.
World trade Center T station is right across the hotel and hence access to the airport is easy.
Good hotel to stay in Boston if you do not mind walking a few blocks to get to the metro

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for posting your review. We do appreciate the feedback and look forward to hosting you on a future visit to Boston.
new york, new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

My husband and I visited the Westin Waterfront for 2 nights -- and it was another great visit. Check in was early and the let us have our room early and it was a beauiful room. I wish I asked our housekeeper's name, because she was wonderful. I had a bout of plantar fasciitis and she went out of her way to get the name of her podiatrist for me and gave me directions on how to get there. I couldn't get an appointment with him, but the fact that she did that was commendable.

I know it's off the beaten path, but you can take the Silver line and meet up with the red line and go from there. I'll definitely visit again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank terithecook
I was delighted to read your review of our property and would love the opportunity to recognize the room attendant you mentioned. Please feel free to email me at donna.frechette@westin.com or call me directly at 617-532-4863. I look forward to hearing from you and hope you will visit us again in the future.