“Terrific service and a restful hotel”

The Westin Boston Waterfront
Ranked #38 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel for four nights. Three of then nights were business, and I stayed an extra night on my own to sight see. I attended a conference at this hotel. Mathew at the front desk is wonderful. He adjusted my rate so that I was able to get the conference rate for the entire stay, and situated me in a wonderful room on the 16th floor with a beautiful view of Boston. I enjoyed the room. Thank you Mathew! Also, I used the workout facility. The machines are brand new and in excellent condition. The bed was primo. Very comfortable linens and the shower is awesome. This hotel is terrific.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 16th floor with a view of the city.
1  Thank robundle
ExecutiveAssistant32, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Thank you for the fantastic review of our property and for mentioning Mathew from the Front Office. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,717)

Reviewed 27 April 2012

Stayed here for work and it was connected to the convention center where I needed to be. Great Westin hotel, true to the brand. Had a pool, fitness center, spacious lobby and lots of business people along with the Ohio Basketball team and lots of tourists from other countries. If you need the trains, it is only across the street. There are lots of restaurant towards the waterfront. It is not located in central Boston.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2012

This is my hotel of choice when visiting Boston. Very close to Silverline (bus to airport only $2.00 each way). Within walking distance to downtown Boston and my favorite bakery, Flour. The rooms are very nice, I was upgrade to a suite with a fantastic view. the gym is very nice and large. The restaurant is ok but expensive.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank jjbawoods

Thank you for the kind comments you had for our hotel. We hope you will consider staying with us on your next trip to Boston.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Excellent connection to the convention center. The staff was mostly very friendly and were particularly kind and sweet with my three year old. The lobby bar is the ONLY bar that you can take alcoholic drinks out of and to your room. This hotel is about 4 blocks from several excellent restaurants including the "must visit" Legal Seafood restaurant.

Room Tip: Leave a tip and note for the maid service and they will deliver what you request.
1  Thank pistolache

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We look forward to hosting you in the future.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

I was ready to give this hotel a negative review - they overbooked rooms with two beds and were going to put my husband, my best friend, and myself in a king bed room, with no cot, and no extra pillows, which was just NOT going to work. The clerk who helped me originally at the check-in, Joe Boikess, was very nice, but the clerk who really got the job done was Jason Rippberger. He was gratious and went above and beyond to figure out a way to fix the situation for my guests and me. In the end, we were upgraded to a suite and enjoyed the rest of our stay. It was still an unfortunate situation that they ran out of pillows, but there was a convention going on, so it's to be expected.

The location is pretty easily accessible, the views are nice, and the rooms are fairly average.

Thanks, Jason! And thanks, Joe. Y'all are swell.

Room Tip: Ask for city view! Or if you like to watch planes take off and land, there's a view of Logan Air...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
ExecutiveAssistant32, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Thank you for the kind comments you had for our property and for mentioning Joe Boikess and Jason Rippberger from our Front Office. I will share your comments with their immediate Manager so that they receive proper recognition. We truly believe teamwork is the key to our success and it's great to have both Joe and Jason on our team. We hope you will consider staying with us on your next trip to Boston.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Our stay in Boston was awesome and this hotel was the icing on the cake. We spent 4 nights here. Although this hotel is not exactly on the water, you can see the beautiful view of the harbor from your window. The first thing you notice when you walk in is the aroma of the hotel, it's delish. I wish I could bottle it up and take it home. Check in was quick and accurate. Room service was prompt and accurate. The room was spacious and very clean. We had no problems whatsoever. The drawback to this hotel as for many in the area, parking is outrageous $40+/night. One would think, as a guest you would get a discount. If it all possible take public transportation, its very fast and easy to understand.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank mlatrice

Thank you for choosing The Westin Boston Waterfront as your hotel of choice whil in Boston and for posting a wonderful review. We look forward to hosting you in the future.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed here for two nights during a business trip. I had issues with the room - noisy air conditioning that was reported and supposedly fixed, but was never actually fixed. Also, I booked a traditional room, but was upgraded to deluxe because I'm at the Platinum level. I found the upgraded room to be rather small. That made me wonder about the size of the traditional room.

I didn't sleep the two nights that I was at the hotel because of the air conditioning, but I reported the issue upon checkout and would expect management to fix that. Therefore, overall, the stay was okay, but based on my experience not on par with other Westins.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
ExecutiveAssistant32, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I'm terribly sorry that your stay was not enjoyable due to the malfunctioning air conditioner in your guest room. I have shared your comments with our Engineering Department to see if perhaps that particular air conditioner should be replaced. I hope this will not deter you from staying with us in the future. It would be our pleasure to ensure a more enjoyable experience for your next visit.