“Bubble Tea and tapas near Boston University”
Review of Limoo Tea Bar

Limoo Tea Bar
Ranked #192 of 227 Coffee & Tea in Boston
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 4 May 2016

Delicious alcohol-infused teas or non-alcoholic blends, and asian/mediterranean fusion tapas at this trendy pub without breaking the bank. The owner J.D. is quite the tea mixologist and you're guaranteed to experience new flavors in this great setting. Good variety on the menu and an upscale, relaxed place for meeting up with friends for drinks, tapas, and bubble tea.

Reviewed 7 November 2015

No bubble tea place has ever impressed me to this extent.
I'll start with the very few cons. I must say the regular bubble tea was a bit pricey and there were no seats for the bar while waiting for the table, but those are only a few exceptions to what this wonderful place has to offer!

A little bit of context:
My cousin had just arrived in NYC and was starving so we were initially headed to another bubble tea place. Then, I mentioned the idea of spiked bubble tea, so we decided to go. I have never tried it, neither did my other friend who was with us. This was more of a pit stop to our plans and turned into one of my best experiences at a Boston restaurant/bar.

On to the decor:
The first thing we were admiring about this place was the setup. We loved the idea of the formal tables on the first floor and up one flight of stairs are more "chill" tables for games such as Jenga and Yahtzee, which could potentially get noisy. MOST IMPORTANTLY, the chalk designs of the walls were BEAUTIFUL. The waiter described how they were hand-drawn and done to demonstrate this idea of openness; the decor was of different landmarks and cities around the world. Being that they are a fusion restaurant, it makes complete sense.

On to the food:
SO GOOD. We decided on the truffle fries with a side of hummus (L, $10) and an order of their Korean Fried Chicken ($10). We did wait a little, but when it came out, our stomachs were happy. The portions were big enough for the three of us.

On to the drinks:
This is what we really came for. We decided on Taro spiked tea with whiskey and irish cream, Matcha milk tea, spiked, with lychee jelly, and finally a regular Yogurt Soju to share. This was a lot of alcohol for the 3 of us. The regular soju turned out to be a total of about 10-ish, candy tasting shots. SO DELICIOUS.

On to the service:
Our waiter was the best. I wish I could give him a personal shoutout, but I never got his name. Hope to see a derivative of this in NYC though. This is definitely a place I'll visit if and when I move back!

Reviewed 29 August 2014

We ordered the blueberry alcoholic bubble tea with strawberry boba. We were rushed into a decision by a server who didn't explain the menu at all, so we had no idea what to expect and were shocked by the $15 price tag for one bubble tea. When it came, we learned that we'd actually ordered a small pitcher of bubble tea and a bowl of boba, with small cups, to be shared. It was actually a reasonable price for what we got, and the bubble tea was very good. I did not try the food.

1  Thank Amanda C