“Still a great place for lunch”
Review of Cosi

Cosi
Ranked #1,249 of 3,275 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 26 October 2016

This place is always busy when I visit, but they move the line very quickly and efficiently (I love snacking on the bread while waiting in line).The food is always consistently great, whether I get a salad or sandwich. My favorite is the buffalo bleu at lunch and the Santa Fe in the morning.

I was very disappointed when the Cosi in South Station closed, but am happy that Cosi is still going strong on Federal Street.

Reviewed 24 April 2015

I've been visiting the Federal St location for the past 7 years (most recently 2 weeks ago). Its located in the Financial District, nearby South Station and a short walk from Downtown Crossing, next to Bolocco.

Their specialty is flatbread sandwiches, however I make the trip for their awesome salads. They have a variety of choices, or you can go off the board like I do and get a Make Your Own. My favorite is Romain lettuce, Tandori Chicken, sliced Calamata Olives, Parmesan cheese, scallions, and red onions.

You also pick your dressing. I either go for the vinegrett, the fat free Oriental, or (if I've been good with the calories) Peppercorn--my favorite.

In addition, you get a square of flatbread, white or wheat - hot and fresh out of the oven. Don't even wait to get back to the office. Eat it on the way. Its best eaten hot.

They have an abundance of outdoor seating. It gets busy around noon, so go early or around 1pm to get a seat. The Federal location has minimal indoor seating.

Though you would think all Cosis should be the same, they aren't. The Federal St location is the best, with State St being a close second. The Milk St location isn't as good. I tried Salad places in the suburbs, trying to find a suitable replacement, but Cosi is the best. Nothing compares.

Reviewed 14 April 2015

If you ned a quick and healthy lunch while strolling around in Boston, it is a fine choice to find one the Cosi's. Lots of salats, sandwiches and soups to choose from. Fresh and delicious. Prices okay.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I'm eating the Korean BBQ Rice Bowl right now and it's pretty yummy. I eat here quite a bit and I have a Cosi card so I get free stuff, every 10th one free or sometimes sooner if you get more points from monthly specials. It is a little pricey, basically city prices: 7-10+ bucks for lunch/drink. Other favorites are the Sante Fe Wrap for breakfast, and the Asian Salmon or Adobo Chicken Lime Salad, and the BBQ chicken pizza for lunch. You get a piece of flatbread with the salads/rice bowls that is also pretty tasty. As far as I know the Cosi on Federal St. does not do smores or dessert other than brownies/cookies. Good selection of coffee and beverages. The ordering system is a bit wacky - different lines for salad/sandwiches - read the signs. Then they funnel you into the sandwich pickup area and the registers to pay. People tend to get jammed up here so look around and see if the register is open. Hot sandwiches, pizzas and melts can take a while to go through their conveyor belt oven, so sometimes I skip those. Seating is not bad - busy during lunch. Decor is bright and clean. There is one woman who is always there and she is super friendly and quick and will always say Hi, how are you? and I usually see manager types around helping with the flow and resolving any issues.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Better than Panera!! Had a spinach artichoke breakfast wrap and it was delicious and hit the spot. Clean kitchen area and professional and courteous staff. Perhaps the best "fast food" breakfast in the area.

Been to Cosi? Share your experiences!