“Top Shelf in Boston”

Ranked #3 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Buffalo, New York
“Top Shelf in Boston”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I must admit that I didnt know a lot about this hotel when I booked my stay but wow was I pleasantly surprized. I cant imagine better service at the Ritz, I have stayed at the Four Seaons and the Boston Harbor Hotel made me feel way more welcome.

My room was gorgeous, the view I had was immaculate and everything I needed was a phone call away. I may have found my new Boston Hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank pickles44
TheBostonHarborHotel, General Manager at Boston Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Knowing that the experience that was created for you at the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf has inspired you to return makes us very happy. It is our goal to create a comfortable and exceedingly enjoyable stay for each and every one of our guests, and it seems we met that goal with you. Please hurry back and stay with us soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (571)
  • Korean first
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,122 helpful votes
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We were at the Hay Adams (opposite the White House), followed by the Ritz Carlton in Central Park, NYC (both superb hotels) immediately prior to arriving at the Boston Harbour, which I really didn't expect would compare with our previous American hotels on this trip. I had done a late switch from the Boston W, as I wanted a sea view and a friend told me I'd hate the trendy bathrooms at the W. This hotel has been the surprise of our trip. If you are reading this, you are most likely wondering where to stay in Boston. Look no further. The Boston Harbour is way ahead of the curve and to such a degree that I'm seriously impressed. The clientele seems circa 70% relaxed businessmen and 30% tourists. As always, it's only when the staff at a hotel work as a superbly well co-ordinated team that something really special emerges. At the Boston Harbour the service, the efficiency, the care to detail and the total competence makes it a pleasure to be a guest. Examples: I told the hotel that one of my daughters is coeliac. Nobody on the property had to be told a second time....it was sorted.....and they deliver gluten free homemade miniature cakes every evening. We needed extra hangers....the fast-dial button for housekeeping didn't work on one of our three telephones and so I called the concierge with my request for hangers.....I later noticed that they replaced the telephone with a brand new one. Everyone is immaculately turned out, especially the housekeeping staff who are also spot-on with every request and quick. The Concierge Desk is firing on all cylinders. Ronnie Lamming, one of the concierges, is the best I've encountered anywhere in the world, since I stayed at The Setai in Miami two years ago where they also have a fantastic concierge service. It was a joy to discuss Boston with Ronnie, given it was our first visit to the city. I have a love/hate relationship with concierges.....e.g. I detest them at Trump and I'm appalled by the mafia-like activities at some other hotels. Few are perfect. Here, the Concierge desk is state of the art and will greatly enhance any visit. All their advice has been good. They also got us best seats for the opening of Riverdance at the Opera House and Red Sox tickets for the first game of the 100th season, both last minute. From the reception, to the door team, housekeeping, restaurant staff, concierge....it's impressively together. I tend to post on Tripadviser when somewhere is terrible or very good. The Boston Harbour is absolutely first class. Too many top hotels have beds that need replacing....not here. Pillows are also high quality. Rooms are very well fitted out. However what makes this hotel extra special are the huge windows overlooking the harbour. If in Boston on business, why stay down anywhere else when you can have a full-on harbour view and feel like you are on vacation. Similarly the view from breakfast restaurant makes a great start to the day....as do the breakfasts. From perfect freshly squeezed orange juice to the Pellegrino house water, it's very good. One day I wanted a bagel with lox (smoked salmon). Our waiter, a smiling lady called Susan asked me what type of bagel, they have them all. I then asked if they has Low Fat cream cheese. They did. I then wondered if by any chance they had low fat cream cheese with chives? Susan went off and brought it, having chopped up the chives and mixed them in herself. I'm not a VIP guest, they don't know me from Adam, this is the standard of treatment everyone receives here. The gym/pool is also first rate. As I'm travelling with two young daughters, I love the fact that they have times when children cannot use the pool. That way, adult guests can hardly complain when children make a little noise. The leisure facilities and staff are lovely. The shower works well. As does everything else in our accomodation. So it should, you may say. That is not the reality. At Sandy Lane, Barbados, one of the leading hotels in the world, room equipment has been a constant, ongoing irritation. After 8 stays over the past 4 years and after paying them a fortune for the privilege, I won't return. I will return to Boston and I will 100% certainly return to the Boston Harbour hotel. It is exceptional value for money, unlike Sandy Lane. Given how easy it is to get around Boston, why stay anywhere else? Finally the bell desk (as good as it gets) also double at driving guests about in the hotel sedan. One night I was embarrassed as I kept the car waiting 20 minutes beyond pick-up time following a superb dining experience at the plush 2nd floor restaurant in the Legal Sea Foods building....another terrific concierge recommendation. I would have been on time but for an exceptional experience there.....but that's for another review....but do also go dine there. We love Boston. It's so good when expectations are dwarfed by the reality. PS the free wi-fi is very fast and works everywhere

• Stayed April 2012
11 Thank BarryAscot
It is certainly one thing when a guest lets us know that they enjoyed their stay, but hearing from you and learning about so many of the wonderful attributes of the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf that made your stay enjoyable has truly made our day! We are exceedingly pleased to learn that you found an appreciation for the beautiful views of Boston Harbor and enjoyed the attentive service from our dedicated staff. Thank you for your generous acknowledgement of our staff and accommodations and we will be sure to pass your many kind comments along to everyone. Your review was delightful to read and we absolutely look forward to welcoming you back when you return to the Boston area.
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Spent 4 nights here. The Hotel is nice, what I would call typically American - big and solid but not a lot of style. The staff were all very responsive and helpful.

Given the location of the hotel, I was impressed at how really quiet the bedrooms are. You can hear a pin drop with no outside noise coming in.

So good all round, better than your average US business chain hotel, but not astounding.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Acwtall
It was our pleasure to welcome you as a guest at the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf. While we’re thrilled to read that your accommodations and staff made your stay enjoyable, it’s disappointing to learn you were not fully impressed all around. We hope to be able to welcome you back in the future and hope you will let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable. Thank you for your review.
Lake Grove, New York, United States
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I thought this Hotel would be nicer and have a lot more to offer. 5 Star? I really don't see why. The door men are some of the nicest I've ever come in contact with. Its just OK.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Tim M
We strive to maintain the highest level of service, hospitality and comfort for our guests, so we were quite disappointed to read that your stay did not exceed your expectations. Please take some time during your next stay at the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf to chat with our knowledgeable staff and let them know exactly what your needs are, as we would be happy to help in any way. Thank you for your review.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 April 2012

my wife and I recently stayed in an ocean front suite and it was just fantastic. The service is excellent. We had a great breakfast brought to the room, the table set-up right in front of our large window overlooking the harbor. The food, was great, the view is great, it may of taken us an hour to finish, it was so nice and relaxing.

Room Tip: ocean front and splurge on the suite
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jim3H
TheBostonHarborHotel, General Manager at Boston Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Enjoying a relaxing breakfast while watching the soothing waves and beautiful ships on the harbor, sounds like a wonderful way to start your day. We’re thrilled that your stay at the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf provided you with just that. It would be our pleasure to welcome back in the very near future and thank you for your gracious comments.
Saco, Maine
Reviewed 4 April 2012

From the moment we arrived we were created with a smile and great service, the staff and the amenities of the hotel exceeded my expectations. I will Definitely stay again. I was in a Deluxe Waterfront King. The view was great and the room was well furnished and spacious. Thank you again for making our stay excellent.

Room Tip: The Waterfront Rooms are fantastic view Morning, noon, or Night......and the smell with the windows...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MobileDan
Thank you for sharing your enjoyment of the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf. Depending on your preference, the views from our waterfront rooms or city view rooms are absolutely breathtaking. If there is anything that we can do to make your next stay with us more comfortable, please don’t hesitate to let us know, as we’re looking forward to your return.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 April 2012

My wife and I recently spent 2 nights at the BHH. We came in for one of the Wine events and made a weekend of it. It was a PERFECT experience. The room was great, a corner 1 bdrm suite, views of the harbor and the "north end". Great bed, sheets ect. My wife loved the "products", shampoo, soaps ect. As someone else commented, the room is fantastically quite.

Both nights, walking into the room after being out was a treat. The turn-down service was spot on, the lights just right, music on the perfect volume, it made crawling into bed a delight.

Coming and going from the hotel the doormen were friendly and helpful, took care of all our questions. It is a job for them, but they did so in a way that made it seem that they were truly happy to "help" us out.

We did have a Continental breakfast brought to the room each morning, and again, from John that picked up the phone when I called it in (he remembered exactly what I had the morning before) to the woman that brought it to the room at exactly the time we were told, could not have gone better.

Stay at the BHH, there is no way you could be disappointed.

We will be back!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Learning that your recent stay at the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf has inspired you to return is the best compliment that we can receive. The Boston Wine Festival is a wonderful event and we’re thrilled that you had the opportunity to enjoy it. Thank you for taking the time to highlight all the details that made your stay so wonderful and we appreciate your kind comments regarding our staff. It was our pleasure to welcome you as a guest and look forward to your return.