2,028 results
All reviewsbristol loungehouse carpublic gardensexecutive suiteroom servicenewbury streetindoor poolbeacon hillluxury hotelthe location is perfectbeautiful hotelfitness centerfreedom trailfsconciergeweddingcommons
Reviewed June 25, 2012

First stay of & week getaway on the east coast ; we did not really want to splurge, and researched a lot the available options, and the rates, to find the 4S well ahead of the competition in both regards. Well, after a couple weeks of let's and let's not, they reviewed the rates down, still more expensive than competition, but well, Four Seasons will be Four Seasons, ... in all regards.

Ahead of our stay, we got in touch with the concierge to organize our dining out. We wrote our likes and dislikes, and what we wanted. After confusing me for a woman (just check guests profile, no big deal, ...), he made recommendations, that we OKed after checking them out. He confirmed in return, along with bookings for the house car. First time a house car is booked !

We checked in on a busy saturday afternoon, after flying into JFK, and driving to Boston.
Location cannot be beat. But then Boston is a small city, and many good hotels are within a small radius of interesting things and shopping. Valet and bellman did their job right, and at check-in, we were NOT offered the traditional Four Seasons upgrade for a fee. They must have had a full house. We had what we had booked, a Deluxe Garden view. Very Four Seasons in style (large, airy, neutral decoration), with the usual amenities. Nice view fron there. Bellman was there just behind us, great. For once, housekeeping was not stingy on L'Occitane toiletries, of which there was ample supply, and replenishment.
I found a birthday cake, delicious, one of the nights. Nice touch.

Good point is the house car. First of all, it can be booked. Then there are 2 of them (Mercedes S). And last they were also available outside of bookings. Nice friendly drivers ; minor gripe about knowledgeability, one day, he dropped us at the Isabella Garner Museum, outside of operating hours, and drove off too quickly for us to realize ; we should have checked ourselves.

We used the swimming pool on the top floor. Nit busy, beautiful view. Couple of lanes for lapping.

Breakfast is good, typical Four Seasons. Not the best we had in any FS, but verty good with great efficient waiters. Bills go up quickly, and even on a B&B basis, it may go above the allowance, especially if they charge 2 OJs (now, THIS is stingy), and they will bill it at check out. I was surprised, pointed it out, but was said I had signed a paper at check-in ; may be I had, not that I could recall.

So, a typical Four Seasons stay, in an immaculate property, beautifully located, kept up and staffed.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PASCAL H
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. We take your comments to heart: the most important reviews we receive are those from our guests. We have already shared your comments with our staff, with extra emphasis on the House Car and Breakfast services. We’re pleased that you enjoyed our 8th Floor swimming pool, and we do hope that future travels to Boston will bring you back to Four Seasons. On behalf of our entire team, thank you kindly for each word. It is customer feedback that enables us to make improvements so that future stays can be nothing short of perfect.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

Came to Boston for a weekend with my wife. There was Beautiful weather, a Red Sox game, and some absolutely fantastic food.

Having been to about half of the Four Seasons in the US -- I'll give you a quick few observations/comments from my POV:

-I really only rate properties I like. You wont' see any 3 stars typically related to my contributions, b/c I don't bother on average properties unless its really, really bad or mind-blowing in some fashion.

-This Four Seasons is on par with many of the other city properties I've been to (Mexico City, Austin, Las Vegas) but not quite on par with New York, Denver, or San Francisco.

-The pool is indoor. Which for 8/12 months a year, I imagine is great. Having come in late June for my first experience, its fine -- but not ideal.

-Got a message from Jack @ the Spa. Jack was five (5) stars... However, the SPA is teeny, tiny. Not impressed with the SPA -- they have a lot of catching up to do here.

-Breakfast is OK @ the Bristol Lounge.

-Dinner is much better @ the Bristol Lounge.

-Rooms are spacious.

All in all, its been a fine trip. Its hard to complain at any Four Seasons as the service is always A+. This property is not spectacular compared to other Four Seasons, but its location in Boston, the service, and access to the rooms still make it quite fantastic.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your Four Seasons Boston experience with us. We’ve shared your review with our entire staff; it is the feedback from our guests that enables us to make improvements each day, both within our property as well as amongst our staff. We take each word to heart! We believe that each day is an opportunity to “wow” our guests with special touches, therefore we're delighted that you experienced A+ service during your visit. We hope that your trip to Boston was a special one, and we thank you again for sharing this valuable feedback with us.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

I stay in hotels every other week across the US and Canada. My stay at the Boston Four Seasons was the best I have had! They are elegant yet not stuffy - the staff is genuine in their interaction with guests. the location, rooms and facilities were excellent. And while my stay was for business - I noted how family freindly they were - so I will return with the kids! I loved the attention to detail (i.e. the houskeeping staff placed a lovely bookmark in the book I was reading! and left my jewelry in beutiful little gold dishes in the bathroom... so cool.

Room Tip: Suites are pricy but if you can afford it you should experience it!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

We're glowing! Thank you for your kind words – and for taking the time to share them with us! We're already excited to welcome your family in the future; it's absolutely true that we have so many incredible offerings for children: our Passport Program, Cookie Making Classes, Raid the Fridge (which invites kids for a midnight snack in their pajamas), plus the Ice Cream Man and the one-and-only Kid-Kation package. Thank you also for noticing our attention to detail as well; we know that small touches can make a big impact. We cannot wait to host you again soon.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

We were there on the perfect day for an incredible wedding (at the hotel). The location is superb. It sits right across the street from the quiet Public Gardens, at the top of the swanky Newbury Street shopping area, and within walking distance of just about everywhere in the city ranging from Copley Square, Downtown Crossing and Beacon Hill. As an aside, the food at the hotel is exactly what you'd expect from a Four Seasons - nothing short of perfect.
The service as also as you would expect - attentive, polite and everyone goes out of their way to help you.
The rooms themselves are a little tired, and in need of some updating. They are rather simple, and the combined bath/shower seems a little out of character for this type of hotel. That aside, everything was immaculate and comfortable. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Views of the Public Gardens.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We’re elated that you enjoyed the Hotel’s central location, within walking distance to the city’s best offerings. And we’re thrilled too that you enjoyed the food – The Bristol Lounge is a Boston favorite, and we hope you had a chance to dig into some of the hit dishes, including the homemade pastas and steaks. Above all, we’re thrilled that the service you received throughout your visit was attentive and polite. Our team strives to provide exceptional service to our guests, always. We’re excited to inform you as well that we'll be renovating our bathrooms in early 2013; we think you'll enjoy the final product! Thank you for choosing Four Seasons Boston for your travels; we look forward to welcoming you back – it would be our sincere pleasure.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed here one night on a whim! It was the best experience ever. The breakfast was delicious. We plan on going back for his Birthday in July. Can't wait! I just hope we're not diappointed since this time, it's not on a whim :)
I will keep you posted.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

We’re so pleased that you enjoyed Four Seasons Boston – and we’re thrilled to hear that you’ll be back again this July for a birthday celebration! There’s no better place to celebrate a special occasion, and we’re truly honored to play host to the memorable events in our guest’s lives. We love nothing more than seeing our guests happy, cared for, and enjoying each second of their visit....that is when we know we are doing our jobs well! Thus, if there is ever anything more we an do to ensure an exceptional stay, we do hope you’ll let us know. Thank you for your feedback - and we’ll see you soon!