“Lovely Hotel”

Four Seasons Hotel Boston
Ranked #3 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 28 June 2012

The Four Seasons was a lovely Hotel me and Husband went for four nights, all the staff were very attentive and very professional, food was very good, the hotel was very clean pure luxury, we stayed in a deluxe room on the 6th floor beautiful room plenty of space but no view so not alot of day light in the room had to keep lights on all the time that's the only fault would have loved a room looking over the public park, but will definitively be back

Room Tip: A room looking over the public park
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Thank you for your review. We’re so happy to hear that you and your husband enjoyed a lovely stay. We’re honored that you chose Four Seasons Boston and are glad to know that you enjoyed the service, guest room and amenities, food and beverage included (we hope you had time to experience The Bristol Lounge in addition to In Room Dining!). We're already looking forward to your return visit so that you can enjoy the breathtaking Public Garden views, which are always stunning, no matter the season. Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

One of the best experiences at a Four Seasons. The concierge staff was very helpful to provide restaurant and nightly activityrecommendations. I was looking for fun, chic hot spots and all the places were exactly my style. I was there for business and they dry cleaned and hemmed my suits within a couple of hours. My room was cleaned and even added touches such as providing a sunglass cleaning cloth was appreciated. I generally have trouble sleeping the 1st night at hotels but in all four nights I was so relaxed and fell asleep immediately.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor facing the park and away from elevators.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Thanks so much for your review. We’re so pleased that you benefited from “insider” tips from our Concierge during your stay, not to mention our Valet Laundry services. Our #1 priority is providing exceptional service and small touches to our guests that make traveling stress-free and wonderful. We all thank you for choosing Four Seasons Boston as your home away from home!

Reviewed 27 June 2012

The Four Seasons is in the heart of Boston across the street from the park. From the moment you arrive you are treated like royalty. The rooms are not just sparkling clean, but designed for a luxurious visit. The staff has been trained extremely well and make you feel like a guest and not just a number. When visiting Boston, we will only stay at the Four Seasons.

Room Tip: View of the Park is exceptional.
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. That you felt like “royalty” from the moment you arrived at Four Seasons Boston is music to our ears. We’re absolutely elated that you enjoyed exceptional service from our staff, just as it should be! That is what we strive to provide - with great enthusiasm and passion - each and every day. We wish you a wonderful summer, and we look forward to the chance to host you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

The rooms are not laid out as conveniently as other Four Seasons, but it's not that big of a deal. we stayed in 3 different rooms while we were there; a suite for the first 3 nights, connecting rooms, for the next two, and then a different suite when we returned after traveling elsewhere in New England. The second suite was bigger than the first, although they were the same price. It also afforded more privacy from our son, who stayed in the living room in the suite. The rooms were all acceptable, though, even for the 5-star level they live in.

I was not impressed with the restaurant, as it had a limited menu (not good for those who want to avoid meat). While my wife and son liked it enough for breakfast most mornings (I didn't eat there), we never ate dinner there, which is unusual for us when we stay for more than a day or a two at a Four Seasons. Fortunately, it's Boston, and there are lots of other options.

Everyone on the staff that we interacted with was great - I don't know how they are able to hire people like that on a consistent basis. It's not just training, as you can sometimes tell when their comments are part of a script; they are nice people that I enjoyed talking with, and they provided excellent service.

It's a great, centrally situated location - lots of places within walking distance, and right across from a nice park and the Boston Commons.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Thank you for your feedback. Our Chef and Bristol Lounge team in particular express their gratitude for your comments – they want to ensure our guests always feel that there are bountiful options for dining, all times of day, thus they take your feedback seriously. Though our summer menu features pastas, steaks, salads, chilled soups and fresh New England seafood, we’re always eager to add additional dishes that will delight our guests. We're thrilled that you enjoyed our central location and also felt our staff's genuine desire to provide wonderful service. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us; we hope to welcome you to Boston again soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

First stay of & week getaway on the east coast ; we did not really want to splurge, and researched a lot the available options, and the rates, to find the 4S well ahead of the competition in both regards. Well, after a couple weeks of let's and let's not, they reviewed the rates down, still more expensive than competition, but well, Four Seasons will be Four Seasons, ... in all regards.

Ahead of our stay, we got in touch with the concierge to organize our dining out. We wrote our likes and dislikes, and what we wanted. After confusing me for a woman (just check guests profile, no big deal, ...), he made recommendations, that we OKed after checking them out. He confirmed in return, along with bookings for the house car. First time a house car is booked !

We checked in on a busy saturday afternoon, after flying into JFK, and driving to Boston.
Location cannot be beat. But then Boston is a small city, and many good hotels are within a small radius of interesting things and shopping. Valet and bellman did their job right, and at check-in, we were NOT offered the traditional Four Seasons upgrade for a fee. They must have had a full house. We had what we had booked, a Deluxe Garden view. Very Four Seasons in style (large, airy, neutral decoration), with the usual amenities. Nice view fron there. Bellman was there just behind us, great. For once, housekeeping was not stingy on L'Occitane toiletries, of which there was ample supply, and replenishment.
I found a birthday cake, delicious, one of the nights. Nice touch.

Good point is the house car. First of all, it can be booked. Then there are 2 of them (Mercedes S). And last they were also available outside of bookings. Nice friendly drivers ; minor gripe about knowledgeability, one day, he dropped us at the Isabella Garner Museum, outside of operating hours, and drove off too quickly for us to realize ; we should have checked ourselves.

We used the swimming pool on the top floor. Nit busy, beautiful view. Couple of lanes for lapping.

Breakfast is good, typical Four Seasons. Not the best we had in any FS, but verty good with great efficient waiters. Bills go up quickly, and even on a B&B basis, it may go above the allowance, especially if they charge 2 OJs (now, THIS is stingy), and they will bill it at check out. I was surprised, pointed it out, but was said I had signed a paper at check-in ; may be I had, not that I could recall.

So, a typical Four Seasons stay, in an immaculate property, beautifully located, kept up and staffed.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PASCAL H
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. We take your comments to heart: the most important reviews we receive are those from our guests. We have already shared your comments with our staff, with extra emphasis on the House Car and Breakfast services. We’re pleased that you enjoyed our 8th Floor swimming pool, and we do hope that future travels to Boston will bring you back to Four Seasons. On behalf of our entire team, thank you kindly for each word. It is customer feedback that enables us to make improvements so that future stays can be nothing short of perfect.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

Came to Boston for a weekend with my wife. There was Beautiful weather, a Red Sox game, and some absolutely fantastic food.

Having been to about half of the Four Seasons in the US -- I'll give you a quick few observations/comments from my POV:

-I really only rate properties I like. You wont' see any 3 stars typically related to my contributions, b/c I don't bother on average properties unless its really, really bad or mind-blowing in some fashion.

-This Four Seasons is on par with many of the other city properties I've been to (Mexico City, Austin, Las Vegas) but not quite on par with New York, Denver, or San Francisco.

-The pool is indoor. Which for 8/12 months a year, I imagine is great. Having come in late June for my first experience, its fine -- but not ideal.

-Got a message from Jack @ the Spa. Jack was five (5) stars... However, the SPA is teeny, tiny. Not impressed with the SPA -- they have a lot of catching up to do here.

-Breakfast is OK @ the Bristol Lounge.

-Dinner is much better @ the Bristol Lounge.

-Rooms are spacious.

All in all, its been a fine trip. Its hard to complain at any Four Seasons as the service is always A+. This property is not spectacular compared to other Four Seasons, but its location in Boston, the service, and access to the rooms still make it quite fantastic.

Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your Four Seasons Boston experience with us. We’ve shared your review with our entire staff; it is the feedback from our guests that enables us to make improvements each day, both within our property as well as amongst our staff. We take each word to heart! We believe that each day is an opportunity to “wow” our guests with special touches, therefore we're delighted that you experienced A+ service during your visit. We hope that your trip to Boston was a special one, and we thank you again for sharing this valuable feedback with us.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

I stay in hotels every other week across the US and Canada. My stay at the Boston Four Seasons was the best I have had! They are elegant yet not stuffy - the staff is genuine in their interaction with guests. the location, rooms and facilities were excellent. And while my stay was for business - I noted how family freindly they were - so I will return with the kids! I loved the attention to detail (i.e. the houskeeping staff placed a lovely bookmark in the book I was reading! and left my jewelry in beutiful little gold dishes in the bathroom... so cool.

Room Tip: Suites are pricy but if you can afford it you should experience it!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

We're glowing! Thank you for your kind words – and for taking the time to share them with us! We're already excited to welcome your family in the future; it's absolutely true that we have so many incredible offerings for children: our Passport Program, Cookie Making Classes, Raid the Fridge (which invites kids for a midnight snack in their pajamas), plus the Ice Cream Man and the one-and-only Kid-Kation package. Thank you also for noticing our attention to detail as well; we know that small touches can make a big impact. We cannot wait to host you again soon.