Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Janna P
Kamiah, Idaho

Okay for snugglers and people who don't mind getting ripped off

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 18, 2023
This was a pretty terrible experience. My husband and I arrived late at night (which was indicated on our reservation) and after a rather long check-in process, were given a key to our room. We headed upstairs to find that the room had only a single twin bed. We drug our luggage back downstairs to let the young man at the front desk know that we had reserved a queen (also on our reservation and, one would think, obvious based on the fact that we were two people). He was very apologetic and spent the next 20 minutes looking through the computer system to try to find us an alternate room. Finally, he admitted that there had been an error in the reservation system and they did not have a queen room for us. He apologized again and assured us that the reservation manager, who would be there the next morning, would issue us a large refund so that we would 'pay $100 at most, and likely nothing.' Exhausted from a day of travel and in an unfamiliar city, we decided to make the twin bed work and snuggled (uncomfortably) for the night. Upon check out the next morning, we spoke to the supposed reservation manager, who told us she also was not able to approve any discount further than the $40 rate difference between a queen and a twin room, and that only her manager could approve anything additional. He, conveniently, was not available, so she encouraged us to email him, and 'cc her to make sure he got the message. I sent a long, polite email explaining the situation, and have gotten zero response or update to my charges. I will say that the staff I interacted with were polite and tried to be helpful, but seem to work for a manager who puts them into tough situations and apparently doesn't care about customer satisfaction. We cannot recommend and will not be back.
1.0 of 5 bubblesValue
  • Wyndham
6.3 km from Found Hotel Boston Common
Free parking
View more hotels in Boston
All reviews dorm room coffee station a lovely place to stay great location an expensive city tea coffee comfortable bed short stay stay there again boutique hotel south station front desk staff small room enjoyed my stay within walking distance a great stay public transportation
Selected filters
Reviewed May 14, 2023

We walked in, commented on how cute the hotel was, how good it smelled, we checked in and then looked at the room......After asking if there was a different room because the one we were being given one that was 3 feet from the lobby front door and my husband is VERY light sleeper, the manager came out after about 5 minutes and was VERY aggressive in his manner telling us to go somewhere else, that we were not welcome there!!!!

We were in SHOCK/STUNNED!!!!! All we had done was ask if there was an option for a different room. We asked nicely, kindly, and appropriately. He told us to leave and find something else. He told us that he would not give us a refund because it was a 3rd party purchase. After a few minutes of being super shocked to a point of immobility/that we DID NOT KNOW WHY he because he was so angry at us?????, I began to film the interactions. because I felt that this was 1. an unsafe situation, and 2. at least needed to go to the admin. of the Hotel.

When he realized I was filming, his demeanor changed to one of more of an appropriate approach for the hospitality business. He then offered us a refund. By this time, I felt unsafe staying there; that perhaps our room and belongings would be in jeopardy, so I finally insisted to my husband that we leave.

When I pointed out to him how his demeanor had changed because I was filming, he then threatened me with the police . After that he threatened me with the police several times for filming the interactions!!! I was filming for our own safety.

I don't wish anything bad on anyone, but I can only assume that he has some very personal issues he is dealing with that he brought to work. I have stayed in NUMEROUS rooms across the country. This is a first to be asked to leave and then get threatened by the police. Shocking!!!!!!

Room tip: Good Luck
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
8  Thank madeline w
Reviewed May 14, 2023

I have never taken the time to post a negative review. This is my fist effort at preventing others the miserable experience my wife and I had. The room assigned was off the main entrance. When I asked if there was a quieter room available the manager in less than two minutes of introduction asked me to leave the premises. I was and continue to be flabbergasted. The hospitality industry would collapse and cease to exist if the behavior I was exposed to was the norm. No, this was an aggressive, belligerent, rude pompous fool who felt his power in life was enhanced by sending paying customers out onto the street. A shameful representation of a business I would strongly condemn and warn others to avoid. I found s#&t at the Found.

8  Thank robert h
Reviewed April 24, 2023 via mobile

I was very happy with this hotel for our one night visit to Boston, other than the room was very small.
The room was clean, and the bed comfortable. The bathroom was deacent with a nice shower.
The front staff was helpful, and 24 hour complimentary tea and coffe a great bonus.
If you can deal with a small room , this is a good choice for a short stay , in Boston.

Date of stay: April 2023
1  Thank Edan50
Reviewed April 14, 2023

The worst hotel I have ever been to! The room was tiny, had a Murphy bed, no side table or a chair. The bed was very uncomfortable. The room looked like a prison cell. The small window was covered with frosted glass, so you couldn’t see the outside. When I opened it, there was a brick wall staring right back at me. The photos of the room are very deceiving. Not a place for two people.
On the positive side - the bathroom was quite all right and the location was good / decrepit side street but close to many touristy attractions. Will never stay in any of their hotels ever again.

Date of stay: June 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Larissa R
Peter Hewes, General Manager at Found Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2023

Dear larissaL4906HU,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at FOUND Hotel Boston. We're sorry to hear that your experience with us did not meet your expectations.
While some of our rooms may be on the smaller side, we do price them accordingly to provide value for our guests. We understand that everyone has different preferences when it comes to room size and layout, and we apologize that your room did not meet your expectations.
We understand that rooms with an interior-facing view or lack of an outside view may not be desirable for some guests. We are currently working on enhancing our exteriors, especially for rooms with limited views, to make them more pleasant for our guests.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and provide you with a more enjoyable stay.

Best regards,
FOUND Hotel Boston

Reviewed February 24, 2023

I stayed at this hotel in February 2023. I think it’s perfect and has everything you need for a short stay. The room was spacious enough, the shower was powerful and the bed was super comfy! It was clean and tidy. All of the staff were really helpful, especially the general manager who provided me with recommendations for my afternoon in Boston. The hotel also offers free tea/coffee which was a nice bonus.

My only complaint is that I witnessed one of the cleaning ladies (tall lady with dark blond ish hair) being so disgustingly rude to one of the other cleaning ladies (a lovely small lady with short curly-ish dark hair and glasses). The way the blonde woman spoke to this lady was nothing short of appalling and with absolute disrespect. If that’s how she speaks to her in front of guests then I really do dread to think how she speaks to her when nobody is around. It really bothered me and made me feel incredibly uncomfortable and I couldn’t stop thinking about how the lady was made to feel; probably belittled and humiliated. Whether the blonde lady is a manager or not she needs to learn to speak to people with respect. It really upset me to see someone be spoke down to. Nobody is more superior to another human being and nobody has the right to speak down to someone in that manner. I wish I had got the bully woman’s name but hopefully the hotel staff are able to figure out who I mean and she is spoken to (she was on shift on the morning of 02/22/2023).

That aside, the hotel really is a lovely place to stay. I really enjoyed my stay there and if I was ever back in Boston I wouldn’t think twice about booking this place again. I would have given the hotel 5* without hesitation but for the way I witnessed one of the members of staff being cruel to another.

Date of stay: February 2023