Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Michelle F

WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE EVER!

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Sep 24, 2023
Top five WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE EVER!! From the moment you walk in the door, dark, dingy, dirty reception area. I waited for 20 minutes for anyone to even acknowledge that I was standing there waiting to be checked in. The staff at reception were abrupt and couldn’t get me out of there fast enough. I got into the elevator and I thought I was going to drop to my death. It wiggles and made a horrible noise before finally stopping in the fourth floor. And the grand finale… my room or should I say dormitory! I paid over $400 a night for a room that was dirty, musty, moldy with the most unappealing “decor” I’ve ever seen. I became physically ill my first night there and couldn’t sleep. I told reception about it in the morning and they said they would call the “GM”. I had to work at another hotel because the smells in my room were making me sick. I asked that night if they heard from the GM and they said no and that they would try him in the morning. Two nights later - no word from the GM, no offer to move me or compensate me, I moved to an Airbnb. When I called the hotel four times, they finally connected me to the GM. This man was a joke! He was condescending, rude, and accepted ZERO RESONSIBILITY! Furthermore when I asked for a refund he LAUGHED AT ME AND SAID IM SORRY WE DON’T DO THAT - OUR SYSTEM IS NOT SET UP THAT WAY. Listen times have changed since Covid started but this hotel and its representatives should go find jobs elsewhere and the management of this hotel should be ashamed!!! The hotel lacked all basics of hospitality, not to mention taking care of a fellow human being.
Date of stay: September 2023
Room Tip: Close the doors - best thing you can do for travelers
Trip type: Travelled solo
    C$189
6.3 km from Found Hotel Boston Common
Free parking
View more hotels in Boston
All reviews dorm room coffee station a lovely place to stay great location an expensive city tea coffee comfortable bed short stay stay there again boutique hotel south station front desk staff small room enjoyed my stay within walking distance a great stay public transportation
Selected filters
Reviewed August 13, 2023

Stay here. The front desk staff Kendall and Peter need to be compensated for their amazing work because they are extremely attentive to all. Parking is affordable and directly across the street. The location is 5 min walk away from Boston Common and everything else you would need is in walking distance. The rooms are clean and nice with a modern flare. They have an ice machine coffee and an elevator.

Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2023

At first I thought the price was absolutely ridiculous for such a tiny room, but then I realised that Boston is an expensive city. As the room had all the basic amenities I am glad that I booked it.
Also, the staff at reception were lovely, especially Kendall who offered some fantastic restaurant recommendation and was a pleasure to chat with. As a solo traveller I do appreciate that very much.
The only downsides were the noise for the construction site out front and the lack of cleanliness in the room. The window was extremely dirty and when I checked the space between bed and wall to make sure I had not dropped anything it looked as if it had never been cleaned at all.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed June 10, 2023

The room I was assigned did not match the photo. The room I had is on the first floor and looked a bit like a prison room. The windows were frosted because they both were both on service alleys. One opened a bit and I could see trash dumpsters.

There was also a strong odor which was unpleasant.

For $291 this was all unacceptable. This rooms should not even be used for guests.

Room tip: Do not book online. Call and ask for a room NOT on the first floor or you will be very disappointed.
Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank Jim C
Reviewed May 18, 2023

This was a pretty terrible experience. My husband and I arrived late at night (which was indicated on our reservation) and after a rather long check-in process, were given a key to our room. We headed upstairs to find that the room had only a single twin bed. We drug our luggage back downstairs to let the young man at the front desk know that we had reserved a queen (also on our reservation and, one would think, obvious based on the fact that we were two people). He was very apologetic and spent the next 20 minutes looking through the computer system to try to find us an alternate room. Finally, he admitted that there had been an error in the reservation system and they did not have a queen room for us. He apologized again and assured us that the reservation manager, who would be there the next morning, would issue us a large refund so that we would 'pay $100 at most, and likely nothing.' Exhausted from a day of travel and in an unfamiliar city, we decided to make the twin bed work and snuggled (uncomfortably) for the night. Upon check out the next morning, we spoke to the supposed reservation manager, who told us she also was not able to approve any discount further than the $40 rate difference between a queen and a twin room, and that only her manager could approve anything additional. He, conveniently, was not available, so she encouraged us to email him, and 'cc her to make sure he got the message. I sent a long, polite email explaining the situation, and have gotten zero response or update to my charges. I will say that the staff I interacted with were polite and tried to be helpful, but seem to work for a manager who puts them into tough situations and apparently doesn't care about customer satisfaction. We cannot recommend and will not be back.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank jannamt
Reviewed May 14, 2023

We walked in, commented on how cute the hotel was, how good it smelled, we checked in and then looked at the room......After asking if there was a different room because the one we were being given one that was 3 feet from the lobby front door and my husband is VERY light sleeper, the manager came out after about 5 minutes and was VERY aggressive in his manner telling us to go somewhere else, that we were not welcome there!!!!

We were in SHOCK/STUNNED!!!!! All we had done was ask if there was an option for a different room. We asked nicely, kindly, and appropriately. He told us to leave and find something else. He told us that he would not give us a refund because it was a 3rd party purchase. After a few minutes of being super shocked to a point of immobility/that we DID NOT KNOW WHY he because he was so angry at us?????, I began to film the interactions. because I felt that this was 1. an unsafe situation, and 2. at least needed to go to the admin. of the Hotel.

When he realized I was filming, his demeanor changed to one of more of an appropriate approach for the hospitality business. He then offered us a refund. By this time, I felt unsafe staying there; that perhaps our room and belongings would be in jeopardy, so I finally insisted to my husband that we leave.

When I pointed out to him how his demeanor had changed because I was filming, he then threatened me with the police . After that he threatened me with the police several times for filming the interactions!!! I was filming for our own safety.

I don't wish anything bad on anyone, but I can only assume that he has some very personal issues he is dealing with that he brought to work. I have stayed in NUMEROUS rooms across the country. This is a first to be asked to leave and then get threatened by the police. Shocking!!!!!!

Room tip: Good Luck
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple