Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Passport13105814718
Mumbai, India

Mental Harassment and Torture, Disgusting Hotel and People that Harass. Need to be Banned from Operating Hotel asap

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Oct 3, 2023
one of the worst day of our lives to go to found hotel and it completely ruined our vacation memories. Wish we had paid more attention to the "poor" and "terrible" reviews on the hotel and not just gone with location. We r v extensively travelled pl who have been to over 60 countries and have never in our lives exp something like this, never ever. We checked into the hotel at 7 30 PM and were given a room which had one bed (literally 8 ft by 10 ft room or prison cell, with stained/unchanged linen and 6 by 6 toilet, no place to keep luggage or even stretch beyond the bed) while we had paid for 2 people with double bed at 300 usd per night. this was literally like a prison cell and nowhere close to the picture we had referred to while booking the hotel. When we reported this to the property and showed pictures of what we had booked, their staff (who themselves were 6 ft tall) said he and his fiance slept on similar bed at home and it could accomodate 2 adults easily and pictures on web site are INCORRECT. We were shocked that after paying them 600 usd we got a single bed which was different from pictures/description on the booking and we were forced to believe that 2 people can easily fit into 1 bed as we do back home - really at 300 usd per night u get 1 bed dingy cell? While we kept trying to show them what we had booked and get our correct entitlement, their front desk was exceptionally rude and told us they can't do much and we can leave (at 9 pm in night) if we did not like it. After much much pushing we asked them to make us speak to their head who apparently was not there. This guy is the worst guy on this planet and should not even be in hospitality industry remotely or even be working in any thing close to service industry. This guy (named peter black by his staff) told us they had no double room as they were sold out and we "should" leave the property (late even at 9 30). Th We went back and foud some more pics of the room we were allotted (actually a single room for 2 people) and went back to show it to the front office - the lady there kept us waiting for 35 mins even though it was late evening and we wanted to get our dinner - and said we could leave hotel if 2 adults were struggling to fit into a single bed. We decided to talk to our booking agent who kept calling hotel staff and they refused to come on phone or return their calls despite our reminders. At 11 30 PM their Head called and threatened us to come down to lobby and threatened us. We called back and were told same the same thing wo telling us anything - come down right now else you will regret. We were hell scared and did not know what to do. We got so petrified out of our lives that we called the police to take their advice on this midnight call from this person. The police decided to come in 10 minutes and spoke to the property and we were assured that the hotel will be spoken to on this and an action will be taken . After 30 mins (when we had called asleep at 12 30 am), aroune 1 am in night, we were shocked when cops again turned up and told us that the hotel wanted us to leave as we were creating problems ( with our booking agent persistently calling them since 4 hours to help us get our correct entitlement). We were in utter shock and could not even fathom what had just happened. At 2 am in the night we left the property - thanks to our titanium status in one of the hotel loyalty programs we were able to get a room for that night where we checked in at 2 45 am!!! This was a living nightmare for all of us and our teenage son refused to even leave the room next day and just wanted to go back and end the vacation. The staff was exceptionally rude, discriminatory, dishonest, callous, pathetic - how such managers/operators are even allowed to be in business is unbelievable. The hotel is falling apart and rooms are tiny, dirty, uncomfortable and dingy. They keep justifying they are centrally located and cheaper - however at usd 320 per night you can get a Hilton or boston plaza next door which are 4 star hotels and not a 2 star like this place. this place is super shady. The staff of this property are unsafe and please stay away from this place even if you get a room for free. We do wish we had read through the reviews and taken them seriously - their reviews across aggregators are rife with such reportings. this is the worse hotel and their license should be revoked immediately. We also reported this to the boston administration and its been the worst nightmare of our lives that completely bittered our entire trip. The calling of the police, discriminatory treatment, threats, shorting customers by giving them single rooms - their reviews r rife with same feedback. Coming from a 50 plus country traveler this is the first negative review on any property for us. never ever have we given such pathetic reviews but this is the worst worst place to choose.
Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
1.0 of 5 bubblesValue
1.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
1.0 of 5 bubblesService
Peter Hewes, General Manager at Found Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review
Responded Oct 21, 2023
Crucial Information: The following is essential guidance and not tailored to any specific review or situation. It is meant for anyone experiencing a mental health crisis in Boston. In such instances, please dial 911 for immediate emergency assistance. Contact the Boston Emergency Services Team (BEST) at (800) 981-4357 or the Samaritans Statewide Helpline at (877) 870-4673 for the support you or your loved one requires. Keep in mind that a swift response is of utmost importance in mental health emergencies, and your well-being is our primary concern.
  • Official Hotel
  • Wyndham
6.3 km from Found Hotel Boston Common
Free parking
View more hotels in Boston
All reviews dorm room coffee station a lovely place to stay great location an expensive city tea coffee comfortable bed short stay stay there again boutique hotel south station front desk staff small room enjoyed my stay within walking distance a great stay public transportation
Selected filters
Reviewed September 24, 2023

Top five WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE EVER!! From the moment you walk in the door, dark, dingy, dirty reception area. I waited for 20 minutes for anyone to even acknowledge that I was standing there waiting to be checked in. The staff at reception were abrupt and couldn’t get me out of there fast enough. I got into the elevator and I thought I was going to drop to my death. It wiggles and made a horrible noise before finally stopping in the fourth floor. And the grand finale… my room or should I say dormitory! I paid over $400 a night for a room that was dirty, musty, moldy with the most unappealing “decor” I’ve ever seen. I became physically ill my first night there and couldn’t sleep. I told reception about it in the morning and they said they would call the “GM”. I had to work at another hotel because the smells in my room were making me sick. I asked that night if they heard from the GM and they said no and that they would try him in the morning. Two nights later - no word from the GM, no offer to move me or compensate me, I moved to an Airbnb. When I called the hotel four times, they finally connected me to the GM. This man was a joke! He was condescending, rude, and accepted ZERO RESONSIBILITY! Furthermore when I asked for a refund he LAUGHED AT ME AND SAID IM SORRY WE DON’T DO THAT - OUR SYSTEM IS NOT SET UP THAT WAY. Listen times have changed since Covid started but this hotel and its representatives should go find jobs elsewhere and the management of this hotel should be ashamed!!! The hotel lacked all basics of hospitality, not to mention taking care of a fellow human being.

Room tip: Close the doors - best thing you can do for travelers
Date of stay: September 2023
5  Thank Z7084OMmichellef
Reviewed August 13, 2023

Stay here. The front desk staff Kendall and Peter need to be compensated for their amazing work because they are extremely attentive to all. Parking is affordable and directly across the street. The location is 5 min walk away from Boston Common and everything else you would need is in walking distance. The rooms are clean and nice with a modern flare. They have an ice machine coffee and an elevator.

Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2023

At first I thought the price was absolutely ridiculous for such a tiny room, but then I realised that Boston is an expensive city. As the room had all the basic amenities I am glad that I booked it.
Also, the staff at reception were lovely, especially Kendall who offered some fantastic restaurant recommendation and was a pleasure to chat with. As a solo traveller I do appreciate that very much.
The only downsides were the noise for the construction site out front and the lack of cleanliness in the room. The window was extremely dirty and when I checked the space between bed and wall to make sure I had not dropped anything it looked as if it had never been cleaned at all.

Date of stay: May 2023
Reviewed June 10, 2023

The room I was assigned did not match the photo. The room I had is on the first floor and looked a bit like a prison room. The windows were frosted because they both were both on service alleys. One opened a bit and I could see trash dumpsters.

There was also a strong odor which was unpleasant.

For $291 this was all unacceptable. This rooms should not even be used for guests.

Room tip: Do not book online. Call and ask for a room NOT on the first floor or you will be very disappointed.
Date of stay: June 2023
5  Thank Jim C
Reviewed May 18, 2023

This was a pretty terrible experience. My husband and I arrived late at night (which was indicated on our reservation) and after a rather long check-in process, were given a key to our room. We headed upstairs to find that the room had only a single twin bed. We drug our luggage back downstairs to let the young man at the front desk know that we had reserved a queen (also on our reservation and, one would think, obvious based on the fact that we were two people). He was very apologetic and spent the next 20 minutes looking through the computer system to try to find us an alternate room. Finally, he admitted that there had been an error in the reservation system and they did not have a queen room for us. He apologized again and assured us that the reservation manager, who would be there the next morning, would issue us a large refund so that we would 'pay $100 at most, and likely nothing.' Exhausted from a day of travel and in an unfamiliar city, we decided to make the twin bed work and snuggled (uncomfortably) for the night. Upon check out the next morning, we spoke to the supposed reservation manager, who told us she also was not able to approve any discount further than the $40 rate difference between a queen and a twin room, and that only her manager could approve anything additional. He, conveniently, was not available, so she encouraged us to email him, and 'cc her to make sure he got the message. I sent a long, polite email explaining the situation, and have gotten zero response or update to my charges. I will say that the staff I interacted with were polite and tried to be helpful, but seem to work for a manager who puts them into tough situations and apparently doesn't care about customer satisfaction. We cannot recommend and will not be back.

Date of stay: May 2023