Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Ylul L

There was a mouse in our kids bedroom, they charged the full weekend and offered not even a partial refund.

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jun 3, 2024
I recently booked a Memorial Day weekend with my family at the 78 Charles Street South Boston MA branch of Found Hotel, sadly we could not stay there because one room (the room our kids were in) had a mouse running in and out of from under the bed. I am not lying when I tell you this, the manager was informed by staff of the situation we never heard anything about a refund from manager, we had to leave that very night only a few hours after checking in and we were told by the front desk young men that the manager was coming back Wednesday and we would hear back as they had not authority which we understand about a refund, and we also contacted Booking.com customer service, and the property finally responded 5 or 6 days after the situation to say they would not refund us at all and we had to pay for both days even though we had to leave on Saturday to stay at the Courtyard Marriott on Tremont which luckily was behind on the other side of this property and thankfully no mice there and not exactly cheap but they (Marriot) Hotel) came through for me and my family. I am very disappointed in Found Hotel. We were very nice and never abusive to any of the young staff in the front desk, so we feel we deserved better treatment than that. We paid $980 for 2 nights and they told Booking that what we said was not true or factual. Booking then offered us a small $146 credit, but we never heard from manager there - as they didn't care at all about our experience and whenever we called the hotel main number no one was answering, we had to go back into the hotel in person in order to speak with the front desk people there to see if next day the manager had responded to our situation and the front desk young person named Dillon was the person there on Sunday 5/26 he told us sadly manager was told and they had to wait for manager to come back. So that happened before we left Boston to come home. The guy who was there the night of the mouse incident which was 5/25/24 sometime around 8 or 9 pm, was named Absheer (spelling of is name can be incorrect, and I think he was nice and was trying to help but he was not management either. Our 3 kids recorded the frantic moment and stopped recording just as Absheer came into their room with a broom to I guess fight the mouse. The whole thing is not good, I never had an experience like that where we deserved a full refund and instead got told we were lying and were not even called back by management.
Date of stay: May 2024
Room Tip: Please don't stay here, their management does not take responsibility to satisfactorily resolve...
Trip type: Travelled with family
    C$168
6.3 km from Found Hotel Boston Common
Free parking
View more hotels in Boston
All reviews dorm room coffee station a lovely place to stay great location an expensive city tea coffee comfortable bed short stay stay there again boutique hotel south station front desk staff small room enjoyed my stay within walking distance a great stay public transportation
Selected filters
Reviewed May 5, 2024 via mobile

We like to stay at unique, boutique type hotels. This was a gem. It’s quite historic and in a great location. We were in walking distance of Boston commons, a pickup location of an on/off bus tour and great restaurants.
The room was small but modern. It had everything we needed for our stay.
The desk staff were friendly and helpful. They provided an extensive list of restaurants (10+) by type, price range and walking distance.

Room tip: We used Uber so don’t know about parking.
Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2024

Handsome historic building. The lobby / entry is spare. Sadly, no lounge area for sitting, waiting, having a cup of coffee or tea or to chat with a colleague, family member, etc. No breakfast of food offering. The tea is great but the coffee machine serves Folgers which I find practically undrinkable. The staff was super friendly, kind and nice. I found my room akwardly located off the fire stair. The room was so small that you couldn't swing a cat in it. The bed seemed like a twin which for me, is a bit small.

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2023

one of the worst day of our lives to go to found hotel and it completely ruined our vacation memories. Wish we had paid more attention to the "poor" and "terrible" reviews on the hotel and not just gone with location. We r v extensively travelled pl who have been to over 60 countries and have never in our lives exp something like this, never ever. We checked into the hotel at 7 30 PM and were given a room which had one bed (literally 8 ft by 10 ft room or prison cell, with stained/unchanged linen and 6 by 6 toilet, no place to keep luggage or even stretch beyond the bed) while we had paid for 2 people with double bed at 300 usd per night. this was literally like a prison cell and nowhere close to the picture we had referred to while booking the hotel. When we reported this to the property and showed pictures of what we had booked, their staff (who themselves were 6 ft tall) said he and his fiance slept on similar bed at home and it could accomodate 2 adults easily and pictures on web site are INCORRECT. We were shocked that after paying them 600 usd we got a single bed which was different from pictures/description on the booking and we were forced to believe that 2 people can easily fit into 1 bed as we do back home - really at 300 usd per night u get 1 bed dingy cell? While we kept trying to show them what we had booked and get our correct entitlement, their front desk was exceptionally rude and told us they can't do much and we can leave (at 9 pm in night) if we did not like it. After much much pushing we asked them to make us speak to their head who apparently was not there. This guy is the worst guy on this planet and should not even be in hospitality industry remotely or even be working in any thing close to service industry. This guy (named peter black by his staff) told us they had no double room as they were sold out and we "should" leave the property (late even at 9 30). Th We went back and foud some more pics of the room we were allotted (actually a single room for 2 people) and went back to show it to the front office - the lady there kept us waiting for 35 mins even though it was late evening and we wanted to get our dinner - and said we could leave hotel if 2 adults were struggling to fit into a single bed. We decided to talk to our booking agent who kept calling hotel staff and they refused to come on phone or return their calls despite our reminders. At 11 30 PM their Head called and threatened us to come down to lobby and threatened us. We called back and were told same the same thing wo telling us anything - come down right now else you will regret. We were hell scared and did not know what to do. We got so petrified out of our lives that we called the police to take their advice on this midnight call from this person. The police decided to come in 10 minutes and spoke to the property and we were assured that the hotel will be spoken to on this and an action will be taken . After 30 mins (when we had called asleep at 12 30 am), aroune 1 am in night, we were shocked when cops again turned up and told us that the hotel wanted us to leave as we were creating problems ( with our booking agent persistently calling them since 4 hours to help us get our correct entitlement). We were in utter shock and could not even fathom what had just happened. At 2 am in the night we left the property - thanks to our titanium status in one of the hotel loyalty programs we were able to get a room for that night where we checked in at 2 45 am!!! This was a living nightmare for all of us and our teenage son refused to even leave the room next day and just wanted to go back and end the vacation. The staff was exceptionally rude, discriminatory, dishonest, callous, pathetic - how such managers/operators are even allowed to be in business is unbelievable. The hotel is falling apart and rooms are tiny, dirty, uncomfortable and dingy. They keep justifying they are centrally located and cheaper - however at usd 320 per night you can get a Hilton or boston plaza next door which are 4 star hotels and not a 2 star like this place. this place is super shady. The staff of this property are unsafe and please stay away from this place even if you get a room for free. We do wish we had read through the reviews and taken them seriously - their reviews across aggregators are rife with such reportings. this is the worse hotel and their license should be revoked immediately. We also reported this to the boston administration and its been the worst nightmare of our lives that completely bittered our entire trip. The calling of the police, discriminatory treatment, threats, shorting customers by giving them single rooms - their reviews r rife with same feedback. Coming from a 50 plus country traveler this is the first negative review on any property for us. never ever have we given such pathetic reviews but this is the worst worst place to choose.

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Passport13105814718
Peter Hewes, General Manager at Found Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2023

Crucial Information: The following is essential guidance and not tailored to any specific review or situation. It is meant for anyone experiencing a mental health crisis in Boston. In such instances, please dial 911 for immediate emergency assistance. Contact the Boston Emergency Services Team (BEST) at (800) 981-4357 or the Samaritans Statewide Helpline at (877) 870-4673 for the support you or your loved one requires. Keep in mind that a swift response is of utmost importance in mental health emergencies, and your well-being is our primary concern.

Reviewed September 24, 2023

Top five WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE EVER!! From the moment you walk in the door, dark, dingy, dirty reception area. I waited for 20 minutes for anyone to even acknowledge that I was standing there waiting to be checked in. The staff at reception were abrupt and couldn’t get me out of there fast enough. I got into the elevator and I thought I was going to drop to my death. It wiggles and made a horrible noise before finally stopping in the fourth floor. And the grand finale… my room or should I say dormitory! I paid over $400 a night for a room that was dirty, musty, moldy with the most unappealing “decor” I’ve ever seen. I became physically ill my first night there and couldn’t sleep. I told reception about it in the morning and they said they would call the “GM”. I had to work at another hotel because the smells in my room were making me sick. I asked that night if they heard from the GM and they said no and that they would try him in the morning. Two nights later - no word from the GM, no offer to move me or compensate me, I moved to an Airbnb. When I called the hotel four times, they finally connected me to the GM. This man was a joke! He was condescending, rude, and accepted ZERO RESONSIBILITY! Furthermore when I asked for a refund he LAUGHED AT ME AND SAID IM SORRY WE DON’T DO THAT - OUR SYSTEM IS NOT SET UP THAT WAY. Listen times have changed since Covid started but this hotel and its representatives should go find jobs elsewhere and the management of this hotel should be ashamed!!! The hotel lacked all basics of hospitality, not to mention taking care of a fellow human being.

Room tip: Close the doors - best thing you can do for travelers
Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank Z7084OMmichellef
Reviewed August 13, 2023

Stay here. The front desk staff Kendall and Peter need to be compensated for their amazing work because they are extremely attentive to all. Parking is affordable and directly across the street. The location is 5 min walk away from Boston Common and everything else you would need is in walking distance. The rooms are clean and nice with a modern flare. They have an ice machine coffee and an elevator.

Date of stay: August 2023